ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone who says Morton shouldn’t play and Colvin should play more….

CMP has to get him on the RIGHT guys, like this game. An 8-15 minute defensive assassin is great when needed. Just have to keep him off quick guards. Btw, if Morton is 6-7" so am I. As long as he doesn't stall the offense, I am ok. Even though I am not a Morton fan, I have recognized his great play several times this season. How could you watch the game and NOT see this??
people have internal bias and can always disagree with anything and everything. ;)

Colvin actually made a nice pass into the post ( Edey) may be a first for him. If he wants to play when Edey is in the game he needs to do that sometimes. And surprise, that pass may come back to him as a wide open shot.
What nobody has posted elsewhere I don't recall is that Myles is not putting up the amount of shots he did earlier in teh year in just a few minutes. THAT is growth and shows he is coming along. His on ball D has vastly improved from the start of the season and so he is getting closer on D. The fact that he is not hunting as many shots has allowed him to play quicker on O which is where he is lagging as much if not more than the away from the ball D. Still, with his vertical he should be getting a lot more boards it seems...

I will give Morton credit because he put the clamp on Christie in the second. Think I saw he and the other guy had like 4 in the second.

I also give major credit to our coaches for changing the defense we were playing on them. We started forcing them into later shots and harder shots.

I don’t think Colvin did terrible but he got caught flat footed a few times. I was surprised when our offense stalled that we didn’t run anything to get him a look. Painter mentioned that the rut we got into offensively was due to too much dribbling.

Anyways, Morton, Heide and Colvin will all need to be critical pieces for us to go far in March.
that too much dribbling was primarily Lance trying to go where there wasn't the room on a few drives mostly. Lance was a lot better in the second half

CMP has to get him on the RIGHT guys, like this game. An 8-15 minute defensive assassin is great when needed. Just have to keep him off quick guards. Btw, if Morton is 6-7" so am I. As long as he doesn't stall the offense, I am ok. Even though I am not a Morton fan, I have recognized his great play several times this season. How could you watch the game and NOT see this??
Agree with ya. And yeah I don’t think Morton is 6’7…he was 6’4 soph year and then was listed at 6’7 the following and then I’d shorter than Paint when standing next to him haha

Reactions: Boiler Buck
If I am Colvin, I am watching Morton and how he plays angles on defense and forces players to certain spots. The moment the season is over, I’m calling Raphael to work with him on getting better at defense. I’m busting my butt in the gym to earn those minutes.
No matter where you are physically, the mental part can make you much better...as will the effort...

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Correct, Colvin will be a nice player but he doesn’t guard yet, Morton was fantastic on the D end.
I truly see him getting better and I was probably the most harsh on his D as any...even compared him to Woody when he first arrived at Purdue who left a lot desired, but his O was not on the same page as the others and wish he grabbed more boards. I think he will become a very good player for Purdue. I expect him to be better than Jaden "for Purdue", but there are still things he needs to work on in addition to D IMO

We have Morton this year! We will have Harris and Catchings next year. The reality is Myles may never start for Purdue. There are just as many fans looking forward to Harris and Catchings arrival as they are looking to Myles starting next year. Harris has a reputation of being a good defender. Maybe Harris will take over the 2 and Loyer slides over to the 3. Or maybe Catchings takes over the 3 and Jacobson or Heide takes over the 4. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

What nobody has posted elsewhere I don't recall is that Myles is not putting up the amount of shots he did earlier in teh year in just a few minutes. THAT is growth and shows he is coming along. His on ball D has vastly improved from the start of the season and so he is getting closer on D. The fact that he is not hunting as many shots has allowed him to play quicker on O which is where he is lagging as much if not more than the away from the ball D. Still, with his vertical he should be getting a lot more boards it seems...
Agree and as I posted ( somewhere) Colvin actually made a nice pass into the post ( his first?) to Edey. He is not hunting shots as much and his on the ball D is better, but not where say a Jones or Morton is. His team D is still lacking but that can come when the light suddenly goes on and he gets it. He is playing more I would guess, because he is practicing better and showing improvement there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT