ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan O'Connell article

I watched the game. He played well & the announcers said that he didn't look like a rookie.
Was incredibly composed. Faced some decent pressure early and didn’t let it get to him. Only got sacked 1 time when it could have been 3 or 4. 2 of his incompletions were drops too. Asserted early control and delivered an accurate ball like we are used to.

Looks like he’s finally healthy from what et kept him out that 1 game and seemed to linger all fall. He’s a Jimmy G hurt feeling away from being the likely starter, IMO. I know the Raiders have Hoyer but if AOC delivers like that…you have to play the QB who costs you little/nothing and has a bright future IMO.

Great to hear Aidan is doing well. Sounds like he could exceed expectations in Vegas--as he was at Purdue.

At the very least a strong preseason will increase his trade value.

Jimmy G has had two decent seasons and he's 31. Granted, several of those years, he was stuck behind Brady, But I don't buy him as a long-term solution.

Hoping Aidan can thrive once again as an underdog.

Another good outing by Aidan last night against the Rams.

With the return of the 3rd QB rule in the NFL, things are looking good for him - not to mention, he is playing better than the presumed backup Hoyer.

Another good outing by Aidan last night against the Rams.

With the return of the 3rd QB rule in the NFL, things are looking good for him - not to mention, he is playing better than the presumed backup Hoyer.
I've been following his situation somewhat closely. They didn't draft him to be the emergency QB. At the rate his picking it up, would not be surprised at all if he's starting a few games this year depending on Jimmy G's health/productivity.

I've been following his situation somewhat closely. They didn't draft him to be the emergency QB. At the rate his picking it up, would not be surprised at all if he's starting a few games this year depending on Jimmy G's health/productivity.
I agree. I think he's passed Hoyer. If Hoyer is there because of McDaniels, it's probably to be the emergency QB.

Reactions: Riveting-
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT