ADVERTISEMENT

AD Dept Sunday Silence is Deafening

Apr 23, 2010
No announcement today - It's after 7:30 pm.

Indystar's Doyle is spot on.

Maybe Bobinski thinks he needs to see more. Illinois' AD made a decision on his first day. Daniels and the BOT are gutless to do the right thing.

I guess that it is no surprise.

Maybe Bobinski thinks he needs to see more. Illinois' AD made a decision on his first day. Daniels and the BOT are gutless to do the right thing.

They are reviewing the tape first...

They may not even know that there was a game played yesterday (or allegedly played) for that matter...they already got and cashed their BTN check, and that is all that matters.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
B1G should sue the AD. I wonder how the contract is written. Is there language requiring the AD/administration of member institutions to give a sh-t?

I agree that it would be a good idea for Bobinski to say something about this mess.

Not saying he should have canned Haze right after the MD debacle. I'm willing to give him time to work through a complicated situation to find the best possible answer.

I think time is on the AD's side. MB2 is getting an up close and personal condition of the football program. (He more than likely knew he would have to deal with it in his first year and this came up in the job interview, no doubt).

In his email reply to me yesterday, he wrote:

"....There is no question that last Saturday's performance was a disappointment. We need to perform significantly better in order to compete and win in the Big Ten Conference.

Although I have been at Purdue for a short time, I know the patience of our fan base has been tested for several years. All I ask right now is that the extended Purdue family stays together. Times like these are when we need everyone to support our student-athletes. I pledge to you that better days are ahead."

That is his public statement so far. I think an action (DH2's firing) will take place this month.

I'm hoping mb2 is also reviewing the athletic departments previously stated primary goal of the 85/25, directors cup, etc.

Without at least tweaking this, how can football truly be more of an emphasis with his hire

Reactions: TMA62
I'm hoping mb2 is also reviewing the athletic departments previously stated primary goal of the 85/25, directors cup, etc.

Without at least tweaking this, how can football truly be more of an emphasis with his hire
I am not familiar with the details of these goals. Please share if you know.

I'm sure that he was really concerned about testing your patience. That's a big load off his mind.

Not sure what the point of that was. Just that I don't really expect an immediate decision on Haze's future from an AD who has only been on the job for a month. But run with it any way you want, big fella.

On the contrary. Having a successful football program is essential to achieving this goal.

From the linked article:
"Only 16 schools achieved the "25/85" designation in 2014-15: Stanford, UCLA, North Carolina, Virginia, Ohio State, Penn State, Texas, Notre Dame, Florida State, Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan, Duke, Baylor, Washington and Alabama."

See many schools with weak football programs in there?

But I think your point is you have to invest in football first, which was obvious to most of these other schools.

Reactions: BoilerBiker
Not sure what the point of that was. Just that I don't really expect an immediate decision on Haze's future from an AD who has only been on the job for a month. But run with it any way you want, big fella.

I can only read it how you type it.

I agree with you. Bobinski should call a press conference and have a full-blown tantrum. Drop his pants, shid a ring around himself and then call Hazell a retard, a loser and the N-Word, followed by insults against his mother, his father and all first generation family members.

Then Bobinski should vow to bury the Kent State campus in the droppings of ruminant animals that have been on alfalfa pasture waaay too long, then douse it all in gasoline and have a bonfire. In Vietnam, the smoke from the burning of feces was called "smit".

Is that far enough? or should we just hire hit men to kill him and his family? And any pets?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT