ADVERTISEMENT

7/17, 56 yards

HUD628

Senior
Apr 11, 2007
3.3 yards per attempt, he was not sacked once, not really pressured at all. Two big drops. A bail out PI on a badly thrown deep ball, and a miss on what was going to be a 50 yard gain or even a 97 yard TD.

You can’t win with this QB play and the OC not finding him easy throws to gain yardage. We definitely have a WR problem with Edrine now out a while, and CJ Smith may never play a snap for us, so there is no speed. But Harrell has got to come up with something in the short to intermediate area to help move the ball. The OL is fine and the backs are good.

We obviously have issues containing the edges on D, but those guys are just hung out to dry by the offense. I don’t want to here a peep about the defensive scheme tonight.

I thought Walters needed to cut bait on Harrell last year lest they meet the same fate. Now Walters has to double down on a bad bet and it will cost everyone another year. This is exactly why you don’t hire a coach without a staff or a damn strong coaching tree.

I thought Walters needed to cut bait on Harrell last year lest they meet the same fate. Now Walters has to double down on a bad bet and it will cost everyone another year. This is exactly why you don’t hire a coach without a staff or a damn strong coaching tree.
Not saying ole Harrell shouldn't be axed, but I'd like to see what this offense looks like with a consistent QB who can drive the ball down field. Usually you see a QB change to see if you can get a spark. Not sure if these coaches are with it enough to try it though. Walters seems stubborn, and Harrell seems really slow.

Then again, the other 2 QBs may blow as well.

3.3 yards per attempt, he was not sacked once, not really pressured at all. Two big drops. A bail out PI on a badly thrown deep ball, and a miss on what was going to be a 50 yard gain or even a 97 yard TD.

You can’t win with this QB play and the OC not finding him easy throws to gain yardage. We definitely have a WR problem with Edrine now out a while, and CJ Smith may never play a snap for us, so there is no speed. But Harrell has got to come up with something in the short to intermediate area to help move the ball. The OL is fine and the backs are good.

We obviously have issues containing the edges on D, but those guys are just hung out to dry by the offense. I don’t want to here a peep about the defensive scheme tonight.

Yeah, 350 yards of rushing against a team that doesn't pass. Lets not talk scheme though. The offense was moving the ball in Q4 and the defense found a way to collapse. This was a total team effort toward failure...

I could not understand in the blow out loss to Notre dame that we didn’t at least give our second string some reps. Are they trying to protect his red shirt status?

I could not understand in the blow out loss to Notre dame that we didn’t at least give our second string some reps. Are they trying to protect his red shirt status?
CRW said he wanted the starters to get live reps in against good competition. Remember they played ISU which was essentially air and then had the off week. In theory, i didn't have an issue with it. However, Card completely sucked that game andCard doesn't have that ability to shake off a slow start and then get hot.

If you are losing by 50 or winning by 50, there is no need to keep your starters in the game.
Maybe they were being punished for a lack of effort. Coaches were letting the starters play it out so the final score was all on them . And if anyone got hurt doesn’t look like a problem replacing them as the team will lose with them or without them.

Yeah, 350 yards of rushing against a team that doesn't pass. Lets not talk scheme though. The offense was moving the ball in Q4 and the defense found a way to collapse. This was a total team effort toward failure...
The offense was given the ball on the OSU 28 by the defense like 2 minutes into the game, and the QB gave it right back. Then a pick 6. This offense was responsible for a 10-14 point swing in a negative way right at the start. The QB had 1 completion for a gain at halftime. He really stepped it up in the 2nd though, completing 5 for 24 yards.

The defense was ok in the 1st half despite getting completely screwed by the offense. Lost a couple guys to injury and fell off in the 2nd. It’s tough when your offense gives points to the opponent and then does nothing until down 17 late in the game.

Not a peep! Giving up 30 plus points to OSU had nothing to do with a poor defensive scheme........Not a peep!
F off fool.

Not a peep! Giving up 30 plus points to OSU had nothing to do with a poor defensive scheme........Not a peep!
F off fool.
esp after scoring drives to seize momentum, twice in the 2nd half we score 2 td's and try to make a comeback but the D just gets mowed

The offense was given the ball on the OSU 28 by the defense like 2 minutes into the game, and the QB gave it right back. Then a pick 6. This offense was responsible for a 10-14 point swing in a negative way right at the start. The QB had 1 completion for a gain at halftime. He really stepped it up in the 2nd though, completing 5 for 24 yards.

The defense was ok in the 1st half despite getting completely screwed by the offense. Lost a couple guys to injury and fell off in the 2nd. It’s tough when your offense gives points to the opponent and then does nothing until down 17 late in the game.
This defense sucks. 40 minutes of possession and 341 yards rushing given up to a not very good Oregon State team.

A week after 66 points and 362 yards rushing given up to a meh ND team.

And even if you think the offense is worse, Walters is responsible for that too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT