ADVERTISEMENT

7/17, 56 yards

HUD628

Senior
Apr 11, 2007
3.3 yards per attempt, he was not sacked once, not really pressured at all. Two big drops. A bail out PI on a badly thrown deep ball, and a miss on what was going to be a 50 yard gain or even a 97 yard TD.

You can’t win with this QB play and the OC not finding him easy throws to gain yardage. We definitely have a WR problem with Edrine now out a while, and CJ Smith may never play a snap for us, so there is no speed. But Harrell has got to come up with something in the short to intermediate area to help move the ball. The OL is fine and the backs are good.

We obviously have issues containing the edges on D, but those guys are just hung out to dry by the offense. I don’t want to here a peep about the defensive scheme tonight.

I thought Walters needed to cut bait on Harrell last year lest they meet the same fate. Now Walters has to double down on a bad bet and it will cost everyone another year. This is exactly why you don’t hire a coach without a staff or a damn strong coaching tree.

I thought Walters needed to cut bait on Harrell last year lest they meet the same fate. Now Walters has to double down on a bad bet and it will cost everyone another year. This is exactly why you don’t hire a coach without a staff or a damn strong coaching tree.
Not saying ole Harrell shouldn't be axed, but I'd like to see what this offense looks like with a consistent QB who can drive the ball down field. Usually you see a QB change to see if you can get a spark. Not sure if these coaches are with it enough to try it though. Walters seems stubborn, and Harrell seems really slow.

Then again, the other 2 QBs may blow as well.

Reactions: Boiler8285
3.3 yards per attempt, he was not sacked once, not really pressured at all. Two big drops. A bail out PI on a badly thrown deep ball, and a miss on what was going to be a 50 yard gain or even a 97 yard TD.

You can’t win with this QB play and the OC not finding him easy throws to gain yardage. We definitely have a WR problem with Edrine now out a while, and CJ Smith may never play a snap for us, so there is no speed. But Harrell has got to come up with something in the short to intermediate area to help move the ball. The OL is fine and the backs are good.

We obviously have issues containing the edges on D, but those guys are just hung out to dry by the offense. I don’t want to here a peep about the defensive scheme tonight.

Yeah, 350 yards of rushing against a team that doesn't pass. Lets not talk scheme though. The offense was moving the ball in Q4 and the defense found a way to collapse. This was a total team effort toward failure...

Reactions: rgarlitz
I could not understand in the blow out loss to Notre dame that we didn’t at least give our second string some reps. Are they trying to protect his red shirt status?

I could not understand in the blow out loss to Notre dame that we didn’t at least give our second string some reps. Are they trying to protect his red shirt status?
CRW said he wanted the starters to get live reps in against good competition. Remember they played ISU which was essentially air and then had the off week. In theory, i didn't have an issue with it. However, Card completely sucked that game andCard doesn't have that ability to shake off a slow start and then get hot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT