ADVERTISEMENT

61 scholarship players on MN and we lose

COVID couldn’t even help us.
WI will plow MN by 20 points. Bucky will show how to run the ball over them.
Yeah, as much as that ref's call was shit, there were plenty of other opportunities to win that game. The defensive players and coaches shouldn't be allowed to wear a Purdue jersey until they get their shit together. And Poindexter should be ashamed to take a paycheck at this point. I'm not excusing Diaco. But Poindexter's had 4 years to coach the secondary and they look as shitty as the day he stepped foot on campus.

COVID couldn’t even help us.
WI will plow MN by 20 points. Bucky will show how to run the ball over them.
1 starter was out a CB. They had ALL their main guys. And all you are doing is pushing this BS that clown boy PJ was pushing. Anyone ever see their alleged list ? We are all passed about the loss , but this headline by you is nonsense. You are better than this.

1 starter was out a CB. They had ALL their main guys. And all you are doing is pushing this BS that clown boy PJ was pushing. Anyone ever see their alleged list ? We are all passed about the loss , but this headline by you is nonsense. You are better than this.
Settle down. Headlines or not, they beat the crap out of our defense for 3+ QTRS. Seemed like our defense stayed on the bus till 4th QTR.
Fact: MN was 1-3 and beaten by dysfunctional Michigan, drilled by Iowa and could not stop a running team. I haven’t looked at the box score, but we never controlled clock or ground game when we should have. We were beaten by a bottom team in West this season. If there was any point in time to beat MN, tonight was the night and we couldn’t do it. Welcome to another meh season.

Settle down. Headlines or not. They beat the crap out of our defense for 3+ QTRS. Seemed like our defense stayed on the bus till 4th QTR.
Fact: MN was 1-3 and beaten by dysfunctional Michigan, drilled by Iowa and could not stop a running team. I haven’t looked at the box score, but we never controlled clock or ground game when we should have. We were beaten by a bad team. If there was any point in time to beat MN, tonight was the night and we couldn’t do it. Welcome to another meh season.
Well. Just saw that George had 0 tackles and looked to be very hobbled. Also Watts was out and NO #15 tonight. That’s a lot to be missing. Not an excuse , but does explain some stuff. I wouldn’t call this Minnesota team awful. Inconsisten maybe. They were also picked to be too 2 team in West. They have a top 3 player in the BiG at QB, RB and WR.

Well. Just saw that George had 0 tackles and looked to be very hobbled. Also Watts was out and NO #15 tonight. That’s a lot to be missing. Not an excuse , but does explain some stuff. I wouldn’t call this Minnesota team awful. Inconsisten maybe. They were also picked to be too 2 team in West. They have a top 3 player in the BiG at QB, RB and WR.
Their offense is very good and offset by a very bad defense. Frustrating to see us lose in spectacular fashion.

Reactions: JRowdy20
Clemson called off their game with FSU - one hour before the game was about to start because one offensive lineman tested positive and he had practiced With the team and could be contagious! I guess that didn’t occur to Minnesota . They bowed down to the BIG10 network tv money!

Clemson called off their game with FSU - one hour before the game was about to start because one offensive lineman tested positive and he had practiced With the team and could be contagious! I guess that didn’t occur to Minnesota . They bowed down to the BIG10 network tv money!
Sure , because I guess you have the list of players and know who was really out and what reason they were out. You are eating up the same PJ BS as the media did. Show me the players that were out. No one has even shown a list of players that allegedly were out for COVID. Again when it fits a narrative people want they run with it. Just like you just did , because it fits your narrative that’s we should all be terrified of COVID and whoever isn’t is selfish.

Give me a break. There have been 4 B1G games cancelled this season, including 3 by the 2 best teams in the league. Now you're cherry-picking that a notable game got cancelled while ours didn't? This is the third straight post I've seen from you that brought absolutely nothing relevant to the discussion. It might be time to mute you once again.

Reactions: purduepat1969
I’m soon to be 55 and will likely never see a Rose Bowl win or a Final Four win. Oh so close...yet so far.
But THAT is part of being a Purdue fan...a true one. That actual realization accompanied by the continued passion and hope.

I turned 50 this past week...my 75-year old Dad passed on the same night sadly and unexpectedly...I was able to watch last week's game with him, and, it was a fitting last game admittedly given hundreds of other similar such losses or disappointing games.

He saw a Rose Bowl win...we attended a Rose Bowl together...I cherish that we did in that I do not believe that Purdue will play in another...not in whatever time I have left, if ever.

But THAT is part of being a Purdue fan...a true one. That actual realization accompanied by the continued passion and hope.

I turned 50 this past week...my 75-year old Dad passed on the same night sadly and unexpectedly...I was able to watch last week's game with him, and, it was a fitting last game admittedly given hundreds of other similar such losses or disappointing games.

He saw a Rose Bowl win...we attended a Rose Bowl together...I cherish that we did in that I do not believe that Purdue will play in another...not in whatever time I have left, if ever.
Hoping we both get a great season in football and basketball in our lifetime.
Sorry to hear about the unexpected loss of your Father.

Reactions: DAG10

Sorry to hear of the loss of your father, DAG10....my deepest sympathy to you and your family. I'm glad to hear you had that Purdue connection with him and memories to cherish.

One never knows what the future will bring - yes, it may seem like a longshot, but I wouldn't bet against Purdue not having another trip to Pasadena and certainly not against a NCAA tournament Final Four, which nearly happened less than two years ago. I feel fortunate to have also witnessed a Rose Bowl and many other Purdue sporting events. More importantly, I feel privileged and honored to not only have earned a degree from Purdue University but also to have the blessings of such wonderful fellowship among the Purdue alumni, friends and fans.

Life can be short and fleeting at times.....priorities and perspectives change in time....and yes, appreciate what you've got....and the time you have left.

Feel like Minnesota has had COVID problems all year with their team. I don’t buy too much into it. How many starters/ contributors were out ? Only seeing one article where I saw 3-5 starter/contributors.

My sincere sympathy to you and yours. Hoping for better days ahead for our beloved Boilermakers.

You can only put 11 on the field. That left 50 gophers to dance on the sidelines. Did Minnesota need more dancers?

Sorry to hear of the loss of your father, DAG10....my deepest sympathy to you and your family. I'm glad to hear you had that Purdue connection with him and memories to cherish.

One never knows what the future will bring - yes, it may seem like a longshot, but I wouldn't bet against Purdue not having another trip to Pasadena and certainly not against a NCAA tournament Final Four, which nearly happened less than two years ago. I feel fortunate to have also witnessed a Rose Bowl and many other Purdue sporting events. More importantly, I feel privileged and honored to not only have earned a degree from Purdue University but also to have the blessings of such wonderful fellowship among the Purdue alumni, friends and fans.

Life can be short and fleeting at times.....priorities and perspectives change in time....and yes, appreciate what you've got....and the time you have left.
Thank you for the kind words and thoughts, I sincerely appreciate both.

Someone could check my my numbers, but I think only 1 player was out from the first team and the rest were used infreqUently. WhEn you saw Ibrahim get hurt they couldn't run.(If players had been out (of his Caliber) then that would have been a problem

Yeah, as much as that ref's call was shit, there were plenty of other opportunities to win that game. The defensive players and coaches shouldn't be allowed to wear a Purdue jersey until they get their shit together. And Poindexter should be ashamed to take a paycheck at this point. I'm not excusing Diaco. But Poindexter's had 4 years to coach the secondary and they look as shitty as the day he stepped foot on campus.

the secondary and whole defense were far better in 17 than they are now

Someone could check my my numbers, but I think only 1 player was out from the first team and the rest were used infreqUently. WhEn you saw Ibrahim get hurt they couldn't run.(If players had been out (of his Caliber) then that would have been a problem
Reminds me when we couldn’t beat the post-scandal PSU teams with their scholarship restrictions. That was a big rallying cry for them... woe is me... but really it just cut out their bottom 15 or whatever players from the roster who wouldn’t have played much anyway. So, the numbers sounded debilitating but the players on the field were still good.

My sympathy Dag.

Reactions: DAG10 and Purdue85
My sympathy Dag.
Much appreciated, thank you. We had his funeral this morning...there was plenty of "Purdue-talk" when I got up to speak.

When making the arrangements last week, I was admittedly not very involved...literally the last place that I wanted to be and the last thing that I wanted to be doing.

At one point, a floral arrangement for his casket was decided upon by my Mom...my wife/sisters-in-law all chimed in and everyone was very pleased with the selection...they showed it to me and my brothers...it was a large arrangement with red roses and white carnations...I spoke up immediately and said that there was no way in the world that he would want an arrangement of RED and WHITE flowers, and, for the record, neither do I when my time comes...a change was made to Gold/Yellow roses, along with the white carnations, and, the florist, without being asked, worked in black ribbons with certain inscriptions...it could not have been more of a "Purdue" arrangement and it looked outstanding...he would have been pleased, and, I (and the rest of my family) was as well.

Reactions: SKYDOG and Purdue85
Doing my best certainly, but, not doing well admittedly either. I am incredibly passionate about Purdue, but, that came from my Dad...I am happy about (and thankful) for that for sure.
Dag, for you and others suffering the loss of loved ones this time of year, the following by Henry Scott Holland helped me immensely through the death of my wife and parents. May it do the same for you:

Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Nothing has happened.

Everything remains exactly as it was.
I am I, and you are you,
and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no difference into your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it.

Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was.
There is absolute and unbroken continuity.
What is this death but a negligible accident?

Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just round the corner.

All is well.
Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/death-is-nothing-at-all-by-henry-scott-holland

Dag, for you and others suffering the loss of loved ones this time of year, the following by Henry Scott Holland helped me immensely through the death of my wife and parents. May it do the same for you:

Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
Nothing has happened.

I am I, and you are you,

somewhere very near,
just round the corner.

All is well.

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/death-is-nothing-at-all-by-henry-scott-holland
TwinDegrees2, thank you for sharing that memorable poem.
Dag10, I hope peace finds its way to you during these difficult times.

Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
Nothing has happened.

I am I, and you are you,

somewhere very near,
just round the corner.

All is well.

Very kind of you to share that, and, much appreciated.

Not the happiest of Thanksgivings admittedly, but, still so much to be thankful for. You obviously have had to deal with losses, and, my thoughts are with you in light of that.

I appreciate the kind words and thoughts, prayers and support.

Happy Thanksgiving to you...

TwinDegrees2, thank you for sharing that memorable poem.
Dag10, I hope peace finds its way to you during these difficult times.
Thank you, I appreciate it...very much. The kind words from many on here are appreciated.

I let my brothers know last evening that I missed the inevitable call that I would have received after the game and hearing how excited my Dad would have been about the new big man...we had watched Brandon Newman play in HS a couple of times, and he was a fan of his...and, Jaden Ivey is from our hometown area and we had followed him coming up, so he was a fan of his also and would have been happy for him.

I have some outstanding Purdue ties to some great people and I am thankful for it, and, blessed in it...and I appreciate the people that I interact with on the message board as well. Happy Thanksgiving! Would be nice if it includes a Purdue win this evening.

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT