ADVERTISEMENT

6 of 10 Americans say US has 'seriously gone off on the wrong track'

That's absolutely not true. And prices increase anyway, even when corporate tax rates have been dropping for decades.

But keep eating up the corporate propaganda slop yall love so much.
Have you ever worked for a publicly traded corporation? If you have, you'll know that increased costs that can't be offset by other cost savings initiatives lead to price increases for the consumer.

It doesn't matter what happened with corporate rates 5 years ago or 20 years ago. What matters is the here and now (current stock price). I'm not defending corporations. What I'm telling you is the reality of the situation and that corporations will not eat the cost increase. If you don't realize that, you're incredibly naive.

We're done here. You're a jackass with a myopic, simplistic view. Sounds very Republican. Your idiotic trickle down economics didn't work in the '80s and doesn't work now. Your profile picture is beyond the realm of stupid, even for someone of your ilk.
The only reason we're done here is you don't seem to get it. You can't seem to argue a counterpoint that makes any sense. So I get why you responded the way you did.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
Have you ever worked for a publicly traded corporation? If you have, you'll know that increased costs that can't be offset by other cost savings initiatives lead to price increases for the consumer.

It doesn't matter what happened with corporate rates 5 years ago or 20 years ago. What matters is the here and now (current stock price). I'm not defending corporations. What I'm telling you is the reality of the situation and that corporations will not eat the cost increase. If you don't realize that, you're incredibly naive.
Yes, multiple, it's why I know that this is all bullshit talking points that Chamber of Commerce asshats love to quote endlessly.

Yes, multiple, it's why I know that this is all bullshit talking points that Chamber of Commerce asshats love to quote endlessly.
Have you ever been involved in strategy, marketing, product management or anything that remotely comes close to price setting and managing profitability? If you did, you'd know I'm right.

That's absolutely not true. And prices increase anyway, even when corporate tax rates have been dropping for decades.

But keep eating up the corporate propaganda slop yall love so much.
Corporations are people, right? It's unfair to tax those altruistic corporations at a rate that actually makes sense.

Corporations are people, right? It's unfair to tax those altruistic corporations at a rate that actually makes sense.
Bidens not the brightest bulb out there. He always talks about some huge corporations not paying any taxes, as a reason to raise tax rates for all corporations. Guess what happens when you raise the tax rate on zero taxable income? Even if you put in a minimum tax, some corporations are still going to have a much lower rate than others. Biden is too dumb to understand this.

If you want Google to pay more in taxes, the answer isn't raising corporate rates on everyone. It's understanding why income is getting excluded from Google's tax base. Then determining if you can fix that loophole without causing harm to corporations that are already paying "their fair share".

Reactions: Crayfish57
Bidens not the brightest bulb out there. He always talks about some huge corporations not paying any taxes, as a reason to raise tax rates for all corporations. Guess what happens when you raise the tax rate on zero taxable income? Even if you put in a minimum tax, some corporations are still going to have a much lower rate than others. Biden is too dumb to understand this.

If you want Google to pay more in taxes, the answer isn't raising corporate rates on everyone. It's understanding why income is getting excluded from Google's tax base. Then determining if you can fix that loophole without causing harm to corporations that are already paying "their fair share".
Except they should all pay more in taxes. There is zero reason for wages to be taxed at a higher rate than capital gains.

Except they should all pay more in taxes. There is zero reason for wages to be taxed at a higher rate than capital gains.
@DG Boiler should have been referring to you when he told me I had a "simplistic and myopic" view on this. The big bad corporations don't "pay their fair share" is all I keep hearing. Let's just forget that the largest share holders in most corporations are mutual funds / investment groups. So not only are we taking the corporations themselves, we're also taxing the shareholders on capital gains, who in a lot of cases, are middle class people like you and I. So in essence, gains from corporations are generally taxed more than once.

We're done here. You're a jackass with a myopic, simplistic view. Sounds very Republican. Your idiotic trickle down economics didn't work in the '80s and doesn't work now. Your profile picture is beyond the realm of stupid, even for someone of your ilk.
How did you feel about Builderbob's former profile pic? Pat's is a real photo unlike Bob's made up one of Trump he had up for ages. Speaking of being a couple of jackasses with simplistic views sounds very liberal and very you and Bob.

everyone wanted a more empathetic President and Biden even screwed that up in the last few days.

Just wait for any reports that people aren’t getting out of Afghanistan. And/or imagine if there is some other issue there in the next 14 months. Joe left a powder keg next to a bonfire. Being tough on the international scene isn’t a Biden strong suit today and he will lose all allied support.
Yeah, he showed how empathetic he was, when the 13 caskets were unloaded from the airplane and he couldn't stop looking at his watch. It must have been getting close to nap time.

I'm so happy that y'all clamor for tax breaks for corporations instead of improving the lives of people.
Man, you really nailed that one. There are absolutely NO PEOPLE, who work for Corporations and there are NO PEOPLE, who hold stock in Corporations in their 401Ks or other investment/retirement programs. Get rid of those damn Corporations. We don't need them...

You're a FREAKING GENIUS!!!

BTW, When Trump lowered the Corporate Income Tax Rate, it caused multiple Corporations to return to the US, which created a LOT of jobs for PEOPLE. Brought in more tax revenue.

If you raise Corporate Income taxes too high, they move overseas to countries that have more favorable tax rates.

Amusing rant. Mommy must have made him get off the computer.

Reactions: Level 42
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT