ADVERTISEMENT

6 of 10 Americans say US has 'seriously gone off on the wrong track'

FreedomWins

Junior
Jun 29, 2021
It's been a disastrous summer for Biden and the Democrats. The Republicans will be back in charge soon.

All the more reason for the Democrats to try to ram $5T in spending. They know they won’t have a chance to be in charge until 2028, and most likely 2032.

Good news is that there won’t be any new tax increases and the SALT taxes stay in place for CA, NY, etc

All the more reason for the Democrats to try to ram $5T in spending. They know they won’t have a chance to be in charge until 2028, and most likely 2032.

Good news is that there won’t be any new tax increases and the SALT taxes stay in place for CA, NY, etc
While I wish the last sentence was correct, don't you think they are going to enact tax increases both on corporate and individual side this fall? Unfortunately that would be my assumption.

While I wish the last sentence was correct, don't you think they are going to enact tax increases both on corporate and individual side this fall? Unfortunately that would be my assumption.
I struggle to see how Democrats will support tax increases given the current status of Biden. IMO, he needs every ounce of goodwill if he wants to pass any bills, raising taxes doesn’t provide that.

But he and the Democrats could work to burn everything down, I just believe some moderate Democrats will try to save their own skin at the midterms. I imagine many independents have already jumped off the Biden express. Ridiculous spending and tax increases would continue to tilt the scale.

everyone wanted a more empathetic President and Biden even screwed that up in the last few days.

Just wait for any reports that people aren’t getting out of Afghanistan. And/or imagine if there is some other issue there in the next 14 months. Joe left a powder keg next to a bonfire. Being tough on the international scene isn’t a Biden strong suit today and he will lose all allied support.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoilerMadness
I struggle to see how Democrats will support tax increases given the current status of Biden. IMO, he needs every ounce of goodwill if he wants to pass any bills, raising taxes doesn’t provide that.

But he and the Democrats could work to burn everything down, I just believe some moderate Democrats will try to save their own skin at the midterms. I imagine many independents have already jumped off the Biden express. Ridiculous spending and tax increases would continue to tilt the scale.

everyone wanted a more empathetic President and Biden even screwed that up in the last few days.

Just wait for any reports that people aren’t getting out of Afghanistan. And/or imagine if there is some other issue there in the next 14 months. Joe left a powder keg next to a bonfire. Being tough on the international scene isn’t a Biden strong suit today and he will lose all allied support.

I think that this past week has put a torpedo into the side of his domestic agenda. The moderates in the Senate and House, such as they are, now have much more freedom to oppose the agenda of a sinking president and angle to try to save their skins in what should be the biggest red Tsunami of all time next November, if we even are still having elections under this criminal regime.

The thing that is different this time is that Biden can't deal with the problems without making them worse due to his own incompetence, and he can no longer hide, because he has created several raging dumpster fires. He is fighting a war on several fronts and he is his own worst enemy. This can't end well for him.

Of course the aggravating factor in the above is that he is already exhausted, and his dementia will only make things worse.

It's safe to say that his administration is doomed.

Hope you are right, and I do think his domestic agenda will get scaled back some. But I would still bet on increased taxes on corporation and higher income individuals. They will sell it with the BS line that "it's only a tax on the rich to make them pay their fair share".

I really haven't seen much opposition from any democrats on raising corporate taxes or highest individual tax rates. Now corporate tax rate won't go from 21% to Bidens proposed 28%, but would expect it to land somewhere around 24% or 25%. I do think Bidens proposal to tax some inheritances more could get scrapped, and his capital gains increase will get scaled back some.

The democrats will be desperate to change the headlines, so expect them to ram something through in the fall.

Reactions: BoilerAlumni12
Hope you are right, and I do think his domestic agenda will get scaled back some. But I would still bet on increased taxes on corporation and higher income individuals. They will sell it with the BS line that "it's only a tax on the rich to make them pay their fair share".

I really haven't seen much opposition from any democrats on raising corporate taxes or highest individual tax rates. Now corporate tax rate won't go from 21% to Bidens proposed 28%, but would expect it to land somewhere around 24% or 25%. I do think Bidens proposal to tax some inheritances more could get scrapped, and his capital gains increase will get scaled back some.

The democrats will be desperate to change the headlines, so expect them to ram something through in the fall.
I’m hoping Sinema and Manchin maintain their sanity.

I’m hoping Sinema and Manchin maintain their sanity.
Agree. I think they will reduce the 3.5 trillion spending proposal, but Manchin for example has already said he is in favor of raising corporate tax rate to 24 or 25%. There is no push back from anyone on raising top individual rate. Those are likely to happen imo. The estate tax and capital gains tax proposals probably have a better chance of failing.

I'm so happy that y'all clamor for tax breaks for corporations instead of improving the lives of people.

Biden wants to take corporate taxes to the highest rate among developed nations. In what world does that make sense? If you were starting a new business today and your choices were California or Texas....where would you put that business? This isn't rocket science.

The lives of Americans were improving with corporate tax cuts, less regulations, energy independence prior to pandemic. Biden wants to reverse all of that. Makes no sense to make U.S. businesses less competitive on the world stage.

Biden wants to take corporate taxes to the highest rate among developed nations. In what world does that make sense? If you were starting a new business today and your choices were California or Texas....where would you put that business? This isn't rocket science.

The lives of Americans were improving with corporate tax cuts, less regulations, energy independence prior to pandemic. Biden wants to reverse all of that. Makes no sense to make U.S. businesses less competitive on the world stage.
The corporate tax rate isn't being adjusted to help small businesses just starting, it's for megacorporations to keep billions and for CEOs and execs to get and stay rich.

You really eat up the corporate propaganda huh?

I'm so happy that y'all clamor for tax breaks for corporations instead of improving the lives of people.
I’m not looking for a tax break, just not looking to raise taxes. For the Liberals, why are the Democrats trying to reduce the SALT taxes or get a SALT break?

As for improving the lives of others…I have enough kids and family. If others are working, they will improve their own lives. Teach a person to fish versus handing out free fish.

Last edited:

Exactly! Lowest poverty rate in 2019 in the last 50 years. Get unemployment back to 4.5%, give companies the profits to hire more employees versus government funded jobs.

The corporate tax rate isn't being adjusted to help small businesses just starting, it's for megacorporations to keep billions and for CEOs and execs to get and stay rich.

You really eat up the corporate propaganda huh?
Educate yourself. Look at a corporate tax rate table prior to tax reform....and after. The winners were companies where business was being done in the U.S. Small businesses that were located in U.S. were winners, medium size businesses were winners that were located in U.S,, the large multinational companies were winners, neutral, or losers based on facts and circumstances. For example Boeing was a huge winner, because a high % being U.S. Others huge companies were a mixed bag. Other huge corporations had spent years planning on how to get profits outside the U.S.

It took tax from a negative reason to do business in the U.S., to a positive reason to do business in the U.S. Now there are many other factors besides corporate tax rate, but it took taxes off the table as a negative for doing business in U.S.

Educate yourself. Look at a corporate tax rate table prior to tax reform....and after. The winners were companies where business was being done in the U.S. Small businesses that were located in U.S. were winners, medium size businesses were winners that were located in U.S,, the large multinational companies were winners, neutral, or losers based on facts and circumstances. For example Boeing was a huge winner, because a high % being U.S. Others huge companies were a mixed bag. Other huge corporations had spent years planning on how to get profits outside the U.S.

It took tax from a negative reason to do business in the U.S., to a positive reason to do business in the U.S. Now there are many other factors besides corporate tax rate, but it took taxes off the table as a negative for doing business in U.S.
"Low taxes = more business" is a 5th grader's understanding of the economy.

Exactly! Lowest poverty rate in 2019 in the last 50 years. Get unemployment back to 4.5%, give companies the profits to hire more employees versus government funded jobs.
Companies took their profits from the tax cut and bought back stock and give executives ridiculous compensation packages.

Companies took their profits from the tax cut and bought back stock and give executives ridiculous compensation packages.

1) Historically low unemployment rate for all races prior to pandemic lockdowns
2) Wage gap shrinking for lowest income groups
3) 2019 lowest poverty rate since they started tracking in 1959.

A business friendly environment helps everyone.

Yeah, I know you've got those stats ingrained in your head. There are other factors involved in them. You're talking about trickle down, discussed the other day.

What you're saying is, tax cuts for corporations that they put in their pockets is fine as long as the economy is going well. In fact, it's ok to pay almost nothing in taxes as long as we have jobs.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57

Uh, then what happened when Trump's economic policies and failure with COVID kicked in? Record unemployment and yet another Republican economic downturn.

A red state utoptia would be an absolute hellhole rivaling the worst underdeveloped nations.
"Utoptia"s (of course you can't spell utopia because you're a mentally ill and dumb left winger) don't actually exist outside of the minds of DemocRATs. Red staters are too smart and realistic to believe utopias are obtainable. They're obtainable in the minds of DemocRATs because in your mentally ill minds, everything would be perfect if we were all mentally ill DemocRATs and lived every minute of our lives worshiping the party and the DemocRAT ideology like yourself. You live in a red state, remember? Indy, as in Indianapolis, Indiana. Red state.

Reactions: SKYDOG
"Utoptia"s (of course you can't spell utopia because you're a mentally ill and dumb left winger) don't actually exist outside of the minds of DemocRATs. Red staters are too smart and realistic to believe utopias are obtainable. They're obtainable in the minds of DemocRATs because in your mentally ill minds, everything would be perfect if we were all mentally ill DemocRATs and lived every minute of our lives worshiping the party and the DemocRAT ideology like yourself. You live in a red state, remember? Indy, as in Indianapolis, Indiana. Red state.
The poorest states in the country are all red states.

A red state utoptia would be an absolute hellhole rivaling the worst underdeveloped nations.
Yes, indeed - we'd have to build a big, beautiful border wall along the Mason-Dixon Line to keep out the Confederates.

Yes, indeed - we'd have to build a big, beautiful border wall along the Mason-Dixon Line to keep out the Confederates.
When will you be moving out of a red state into a blue state? All of the radical left wingers on the board live in red states.

The poorest states in the country are all red states.
Who is pining for a red state utopia? Utopia is what left wingers are always trying to obtain because they're so obsessed with government and the ideology. They're in a cult. Let red states be poorer. At least they're happier and have more in their life than government and the Democrat party.

Who is pining for a red state utopia? Utopia is what left wingers are always trying to obtain because they're so obsessed with government and the ideology. They're in a cult. Let red states be poorer. At least they're happier and have more in their life than government and the Democrat party.
You literally brought up red states seceding. You're the one who is.

Uh, then what happened when Trump's economic policies and failure with COVID kicked in? Record unemployment and yet another Republican economic downturn.
Lol. Governments around the world forced lockdowns when pandemic hit. When lockdowns are enforced economy takes a big hit. That is what you call an unfriendly business policy. Unfriendly business policies aren't good for the economy.

Yeah, I know you've got those stats ingrained in your head. There are other factors involved in them. You're talking about trickle down, discussed the other day.

What you're saying is, tax cuts for corporations that they put in their pockets is fine as long as the economy is going well. In fact, it's ok to pay almost nothing in taxes as long as we have jobs.
And you've got liberal talking points in your head with stock buy backs and executive compensation. Liberals focus so much on exceptions to the rule of some mega corporations not paying "their fair share", and ignore all the small, medium, and large US businesses that were getting hammered by nearly the highest tax rates among developed countries. Biden wants to take us back to those days.

Instead of punishing all corporations why doesn’t Biden administration gain an understanding of why Google isn't paying more in taxes. Perhaps a reasonable fix can be made for those companies that aren't paying their "fair share. Instead of doing that Biden wants to punish all corporations whether they are small, medium, or large.

Biden is kind of like the NCAA, he is so mad at Kentucky, that he is going to punish Cleveland State.

And yet, somehow that resulted in the lowest poverty level in 50 years. Do you have an explanation for that? I’ll hang up and listen.

And yet, somehow that resulted in the lowest poverty level in 50 years. Do you have an explanation for that? I’ll hang up and listen.
From your smart ass attitude I guess you think you made an intelligent association.
You're saying the direct effect of corporate tax cuts is a reduction in the poverty rate? Is that really your point? No other factors involved?

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
From your smart ass attitude I guess you think you made an intelligent association.
You're saying the direct effect of corporate tax cuts is a reduction in the poverty rate? Is that really your point? No other factors involved?
My original point was that poverty dropped to a 50 yr low. If low corporate tax are bad, how did it result in lower poverty? What were the contributing factors that are missing?

You have the mic, smart ass is now on hold

When will you be moving out of a red state into a blue state? All of the radical left wingers on the board live in red states.
I live in a blue state, genius. And it's as awesome as anyone could imagine. No knuckle draggers walking around with guns strapped all over them, no insane election laws meant to only allow white people to vote, no forcing unwanted pregnancies and then denying healthcare coverage to the unintentional parents ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT