ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Transfer Portal

ChoiceBeef

All-American
Feb 19, 2017
Figured we could have an ongoing thread of transfers.

I was surprised to see a couple of guys from Butler in the portal. That with Bates and Hunter graduating, they are going to suck next year.

Will be curious to see how many more names enter and what if any needs we will have to dip into the portal.

There are a lot of starters entering. I can't list them, but I was very surprised when I read the different articles.

Minny losing Jayden Henley, freshman from SoCal. He might follow the 7 footer that just de-committed.

I was surprised to see a couple of guys from Butler in the portal. That with Bates and Hunter graduating, they are going to suck next year.

Will be curious to see how many more names enter and what if any needs we will have to dip into the portal.
Did you see Eric Hunter was academically ineligible to play in the tournament game?

Did you see Eric Hunter was academically ineligible to play in the tournament game?
Yes. Manny Bates posted that his grades dropped below a B in grad school and that is why he was ineligible. Assuming same thing happened with Hunter

Reactions: SKYDOG
I sincerely hope Painter hits the portal hard (with some NIL help) and gets a couple ball handling guards and maybe a 6'7+ wing.
I can't imagine how we would be without Edey? The thought is scary. Yes, better get a guy or two.

But CMP will probably make it work one way or another.

I think he has an athletic forward on the line. Camden.… something or other. :cool:
I like Heide a lot, but he hasn't played a minute of college ball yet. He's got 4 years left. Bring in a scoring upperclassman wing who's already gone through the college battles and learning curve and will help from day 1.

Reactions: Do Dah Day

any time I watched that Lukocious kid play he was really good.

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
You bring in a junior or senior wingman and Heide is gone. I would rather stick with Heide
Insurance policy. Heide still has to earn it. Don't we always hear that Painter doesn't promise anything to anyone? I doubt Jenkins came in expecting to back up a freshman.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Highly unlikely Edey comes back. Wouldn't be surprised to see a player or 2 in the portal from this team.
50/50 on Edey I think, a deep tourney run and maybe he’s a for sure goner. I agree, guessing we’ll see 2 maybe 3 hit the portal, nature of the beast these days.

Reactions: bonefish1
I think he has an athletic forward on the line. Camden.… something or other. :cool:
Do college players have any options to play anywhere over the summer? Hide is going to have to get some game speed time under his belt or it will be a slow start next year. or maybe he is ready?

50/50 on Edey I think, a deep tourney run and maybe he’s a for sure goner. I agree, guessing we’ll see 2 maybe 3 hit the portal, nature of the beast these days.
I'm sure Edey will listen to the NBA evaluators but if he's the unanimous POTY, he can really only go one direction (down). He'll do what's best for him but that's probably to make his move at the peak.

I'm sure Edey will listen to the NBA evaluators but if he's the unanimous POTY, he can really only go one direction (down). He'll do what's best for him but that's probably to make his move at the peak.
another aspect, I wonder if Zack has that gene for being a very large person, people like this have abbreviated life spans

Imo, Edey needs to have a greatctournament run to solidfy himself in the draft.

I see nbadraft.net has him up to 43 which is up from 56 where they had him a week or so ago. If he's projected high 2nd rd at least (most likely guaranteed money) after NBA evaluations I think there's a good possibility he goes.

Oscar Tshiebwe came back to college this year after winning POTY last year
And that was a mistake considering how Kentucky has performed this year.

As much as everyone wants to pick on us in the bracket, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Providence take out Kentucky.

Reactions: Boiler8285
if edey can get drafted he should go, he’s not adding a 3pt shot this off season and may as well get paid and nba staff to develop it. Worst case scenario he comes back for a 1 yr NIL deal and gets hurt.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
True, Oscar from Ky came back, NIL money talked. Edey is what he is, his stock pretty much will be the same I would think.

All the talk about Edey maybe leaving - does it scare anyone that our backup 5 is in a boot right now? Also, he hasn’t played in college.

Imo, Edey needs to have a greatctournament run to solidfy himself in the draft.

I see nbadraft.net has him up to 43 which is up from 56 where they had him a week or so ago. If he's projected high 2nd rd at least (most likely guaranteed money) after NBA evaluations I think there's a good possibility he goes.
7’-4” 300 lb guys have ticking time bombs for feet, knees and ankles. He needs to make his big money somewhere soon, whether here or abroad.

Unless he's actually trying to become the BEST player he can be and realizes that he still has game to develop if he wants a place at the next level in this country. ;)

All the talk about Edey maybe leaving - does it scare anyone that our backup 5 is in a boot right now? Also, he hasn’t played in college.
Our current pg was in a boot last year at this time. Sometimes surgery and/or wearing a boot is to fix something.
Does slightly concern me that he was in a boot when Smith was last year as well. ;)

DOWN??? Edey has just started playing, has plenty of room for improvement, you need to step back and watch this young mans dedication to getting better! Not even close to peaking!

Oscar stayed because he got 2 million reasons to do so. We need to have a similar offer for Edey ready to go. If not, I think the odds of him staying next year are very slim.

I'm actually looking forward to Painter playing a different style than running the offense through the post. Hopefully it gets us a NC this year but that style seems to have come and gone.

Unless he's actually trying to become the BEST player he can be and realizes that he still has game to develop if he wants a place at the next level in this country. ;)
Do you think he'd be better served developing that talent with NBA coaches and against NBA talent or dominating again at the college level?
Unless he magically starting hitting 3's at a 35% rate, there's not a ton left for him to show.

DOWN??? Edey has just started playing, has plenty of room for improvement, you need to step back and watch this young mans dedication to getting better! Not even close to peaking!
It's perception. When you've been picked as the POTY pretty much since Dec, and it was never really in question, there's not a lot you can do to impress voters and scouts. If he were to come back next year, it's likely his scoring production and RB goes down because we'll have some better athletes on the floor.
Again, he'll go through the NBA eval and listen to what the scouts tell him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT