ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting

I updated the below list. I would think that we'll take 4 total with this class.

I would be very happy with Colvin, Gibbs, Friedrichsen, and Booker.

I think a big is the most critical piece. It will be Edey's senior year, so assuming he isn't here, it's Furst, Gillis, and that's it.

Player - Position - Rivals Ranking - Notes
Matas Buzelis - SF - 27 - offer, visited 30-Jun
Xavier Booker - PF - 37 - offer, visited 4-Sep
Dravin Gibbs - PG - 39 - offer, visited several times (Shows as "warm" for Purdue and IU.)
Jeremy Fears - PG - 41 - offer (Shows as "warm" for MSU, UM, Illinois, Mizzou, IU)
Brandon White - C - 47 - offer
George Washington III - SG - 65 - contacted by Purdue Committed to Ohio State
Parker Friedrichsen - SG - 76 - offer, visited 2-Oct
Davius Loury - PF - 99 - offer
Joey Brown - PG - 104 - visited 3-Jun (holds offers from Illinois and LSU)
Jalen Hooks - SF - 109 - no offer, moving to CA
Lawrent Rice - PG - 117 - offer (Shows as "warm" for Ohio State and Louisville)
Myles Colvin - SF - 140 - COMMITTED
Jermaine Coleman - SF - NR - contacted by Purdue
Joey Hart - SG - NR - visited 15-Jun (Holds offers from Northwestern, ISU, BSU, Wichita State, etc)
Owen Freeman - PF - NR - offer, visited 21-Jun Committed to Iowa
Sam Orme - SF - NR - visited 18-Jun (Butler appears to be only offer. Purdue, IU, Iowa watching)
Nolan Winter - SF - NR - contacted by Purdue (Holds offers from Wisconsin, Minnesota, Stanford, etc)
Dalen Davis - PG - NR - contacted by Purdue (Holds offers from Illinois, Nebraska, Stanford, etc)
John Blackwell - SG - NR - offer (Purdue doesn't show up on his 247 as having offered. Wisconsin does though, with a bunch of mid majors)
Davion Hill - PG - NR - contacted by Purdue (no 247 page)
Kenneth Lewis - SF - NR - contacted by Purdue (no 247 page)
Christ Essandoko - C - NR - contacted by Purdue (Holds offers from Maryland, Illinois, TAMU, WF, Rutgers, Nebraska... impressive offer list if true)

The following players were briefly listed, but I haven't seen any news about them:
Ashton Williamson
AJ Dancler
Darrion Brooks
Jamie Hodges
Cooper Horn
Deaglan Sullivan
Qushawn Ware

I updated the below list. I would think that we'll take 4 total with this class.

I would be very happy with Colvin, Gibbs, Friedrichsen, and Booker.

I think a big is the most critical piece. It will be Edey's senior year, so assuming he isn't here, it's Furst, Gillis, and that's it.

Player - Position - Rivals Ranking - Notes
Matas Buzelis - SF - 27 - offer, visited 30-Jun
Xavier Booker - PF - 37 - offer, visited 4-Sep
Dravin Gibbs - PG - 39 - offer, visited several times (Shows as "warm" for Purdue and IU.)
Jeremy Fears - PG - 41 - offer (Shows as "warm" for MSU, UM, Illinois, Mizzou, IU)
Brandon White - C - 47 - offer
George Washington III - SG - 65 - contacted by Purdue Committed to Ohio State
Parker Friedrichsen - SG - 76 - offer, visited 2-Oct
Davius Loury - PF - 99 - offer
Joey Brown - PG - 104 - visited 3-Jun (holds offers from Illinois and LSU)
Jalen Hooks - SF - 109 - no offer, moving to CA
Lawrent Rice - PG - 117 - offer (Shows as "warm" for Ohio State and Louisville)
Myles Colvin - SF - 140 - COMMITTED
Jermaine Coleman - SF - NR - contacted by Purdue
Joey Hart - SG - NR - visited 15-Jun (Holds offers from Northwestern, ISU, BSU, Wichita State, etc)
Owen Freeman - PF - NR - offer, visited 21-Jun Committed to Iowa
Sam Orme - SF - NR - visited 18-Jun (Butler appears to be only offer. Purdue, IU, Iowa watching)
Nolan Winter - SF - NR - contacted by Purdue (Holds offers from Wisconsin, Minnesota, Stanford, etc)
Dalen Davis - PG - NR - contacted by Purdue (Holds offers from Illinois, Nebraska, Stanford, etc)
John Blackwell - SG - NR - offer (Purdue doesn't show up on his 247 as having offered. Wisconsin does though, with a bunch of mid majors)
Davion Hill - PG - NR - contacted by Purdue (no 247 page)
Kenneth Lewis - SF - NR - contacted by Purdue (no 247 page)
Christ Essandoko - C - NR - contacted by Purdue (Holds offers from Maryland, Illinois, TAMU, WF, Rutgers, Nebraska... impressive offer list if true)

The following players were briefly listed, but I haven't seen any news about them:
Ashton Williamson
AJ Dancler
Darrion Brooks
Jamie Hodges
Cooper Horn
Deaglan Sullivan
Qushawn Ware
I would take Buzelis but that is a kid we usually don't get.....

I would be curious how Loury continues to grown and develop because he seemed to have crept up this summer.

Reactions: TX4GB

When I see clips of Myles the same thoughts go through my head of when I watched HS clips of Ivey. It's obvious now the rankings guys were 50+ spots off on Ivey like most of us thought and they are doing the same with Myles.

The athleticism and skill are elite AND both have professional championship level DNA in their blood. What else does it take to put a kid in the Top 30. I don't know if it is bias because of early commits to Purdue or the fact these guys that rank HS recruits are writers who have never played or coached at any level and if they could actually evaluate talent they would be payed much better by a college team or NBA to do so.

Anyways keep grinding Myles. Jaden is proving you can be under the radar, come to Purdue, and STILL reach all of your goals and more.

When I see clips of Myles the same thoughts go through my head of when I watched HS clips of Ivey. It's obvious now the rankings guys were 50+ spots off on Ivey like most of us thought and they are doing the same with Myles.

The athleticism and skill are elite AND both have professional championship level DNA in their blood. What else does it take to put a kid in the Top 30. I don't know if it is bias because of early commits to Purdue or the fact these guys that rank HS recruits are writers who have never played or coached at any level and if they could actually evaluate talent they would be payed much better by a college team or NBA to do so.

Anyways keep grinding Myles. Jaden is proving you can be under the radar, come to Purdue, and STILL reach all of your goals and more.
The announcers, tv networks, media, refs, recruiting services and scouts are not out to get Purdue.

Painter takes good talent and makes better teams. Give Painter guys ranked 50 to 150 and keep them in the program and you've got a nice recipe for a good team and every once in a while (this year) a great team.

We're #1 in the country enjoy it!

While perusing MaxPreps, an interesting prospect showed up as a leading shot-blocker in the state. He is 6-11 Marial Diper from Rock Creek Academy in Sellersburg (Trey Kaufman's hometown). 11 ppg, 10 rpg, 7 bpg. A soccer player who has only been playing basketball for 3 years. He's a starter on the soccer team, too. Built more like Manute Bol than Zach Eey.

While perusing MaxPreps, an interesting prospect showed up as a leading shot-blocker in the state. He is 6-11 Marial Diper from Rock Creek Academy in Sellersburg (Trey Kaufman's hometown). 11 ppg, 10 rpg, 7 bpg. A soccer player who has only been playing basketball for 3 years. He's a starter on the soccer team, too. Built more like Manute Bol than Zach Eey.
The local paper now lists Diper at 7-0. I don't know if he can develop into a Big Ten quality player, but I would bet he can get up and down the floor with the best of them. I would also bet he could learn good footwork.

Reactions: TX4GB
The local paper now lists Diper at 7-0. I don't know if he can develop into a Big Ten quality player, but I would bet he can get up and down the floor with the best of them. I would also bet he could learn good footwork.

Might be similar to Hakeem Olajuwon with the soccer skills. Sounds like a Diper Dandy.

Didn’t FSU have a 7 footer guarding the point guard spot? As a soccer player, I am sure he can move.

I knew it!!
Confirmation that my memory isn't completely crap, lol

giphy.gif

Looks like they photo shopped over our Purdue graphic on this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT