ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting

Did he visit campus? Or has Painter modified his practice of only offering kids who visit?
Maybe he was offered during his tourney in Indy with Painter in attendance. I didn’t realize he only offered on campus visits but that makes sense. It didn’t seem like it for Parker and Brandon White but not sure.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Oh ok, good to know. I saw him but didn’t know who he was. Looked especially tall.

also saw the whole Colvin clan, wished them luck.
Great time to be Boiler proud. The team down south was embarrassed in Iowa (scoring no touchdowns), & looked very bad in the mauling. Our football team won by 9, & the IU Star made it sound like we squeaked by, with luck & devine intervention (while the Star blamed the southern team's mauling on their quarterback).

Yep, going to be another good year in sports for Purdue. Does the Star realize, they lose more subscribers/fans & $$$, by totally alienating Purdue fans, while trying to pacify the southern team's ego, & ripping Purdue?

No sympathy for papers/writers & publishers, who constantly cut their own throats/revenues/longevity.

RE: Colvin

I thought officials were taken sr year. Thought he was going into his jr year.

Xavier Booker is also going into his JR year. Not sure the rules on official visits, SO vs JR vs SR years.

Basketball recruits can take 5 officials Jr year and 5 officials Sr year. This rule changed maybe 2 years ago.

I'm curious and lazy ... are the rules on the quantity of Officials a University can have.?

DDD,

For men's basketball, an institution may provide up to 28 official visits in a rolling two-year period (each year measured August 1 through July 31). National services academies can have up to 34 - although they can't exceed 28 official visits prior to the initial date of the regular signing period of the National Letter of Intent of the first year in each rolling two-year period.

Now.....get off your ass, and go grab a drink....you've earned it. :D

DDD,

For men's basketball, an institution may provide up to 28 official visits in a rolling two-year period (each year measured August 1 through July 31). National services academies can have up to 34 - although they can't exceed 28 official visits prior to the initial date of the regular signing period of the National Letter of Intent of the first year in each rolling two-year period.

Now.....get off your ass, and go grab a drink....you've earned it. :D
Whew, I'm worn out

see a bit of Carsen Edwards in his game. great range and very good at attacking the basket. hope he keeps developing and maybe grows a bit into his body. one of Carsen's most underrated attributes was his toughness and stocky build that could play through his size. hope to see him in WL soon

I think we offered Fears back in early June. He visited Illinois last week and IU this weekend.
IU and Illinois have been really heavy in prioritizing this kid for a long time.

Painter will need to get some positive vibes before he puts in effort IMO. Otherwise, he’s smart enough to know that his effort is better directed elsewhere.

IU and Illinois have been really heavy in prioritizing this kid for a long time.

Painter will need to get some positive vibes before he puts in effort IMO. Otherwise, he’s smart enough to know that his effort is better directed elsewhere.

You should email that to Painter...

And I bet the coaching staff at IU that has been there for 4 months has been on him for really long time...

You should email that to Painter...

And I bet the coaching staff at IU that has been there for 4 months has been on him for really long time...
IU and Illinois have gone four deep for visits and AAU games.

I think that if you see Painter putting in effort that’s a sure sign the Purdue staff has received the message from the player and his family that they are interested in learning about Purdue. An offer alone from June doesn’t necessarily signify that. It’s NOT a knock on Purdue. Not at all.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT