ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting

I've seen Casey listed as being at Simeon and also at Tinley Park HS. Is he transferring from one to the other? World of difference between the two.

Brantley was born and raised in East Chicago just to set record straight.

Gotcha. I was thinking they used to call it Gary Andrean. It is part of the diocese of Gary. That led to my confusion. Learning the ways of the region.

Anyway, Jalen Washington is getting a ton of offers. Good that we offered early (last summer).

Reactions: Boilermaker24
I've seen Casey listed as being at Simeon and also at Tinley Park HS. Is he transferring from one to the other? World of difference between the two.

I think it is Tinley Park. 247 has Simeon but Verbal Commits, Rivals, ESPN have Tinley. We have a better shot now.

I think it is Tinley Park. 247 has Simeon but Verbal Commits, Rivals, ESPN have Tinley. We have a better shot now.
He was at Tinley Park. Transferring to Simeon last I heard.

He is Illinois’ top target in that class along with Jaden Schutt. He has been on campus a number of times in the past year.

I do think Keady rarely went into the Chicago public schools because everyone had their hands out.
It’s not the same public league as it used to be. Illinois is not “paying” for Ayo or Adam Miller. Great kids and an insult to their families.

I think every schools’ fans think that everyone else is cheating except them.

Reactions: bonefish1
It’s not the same public league as it used to be. Illinois is not “paying” for Ayo or Adam Miller. Great kids and an insult to their families.

I think every schools’ fans think that everyone else is cheating except them.
You might notice that the coach I referred to has not been our coach for some time. If that PSL has changed for the better, it was Long after the era I was referencing.

So, exactly how did I insult these two kids, And their families? I’d like you to take a step back on your accusation. Please recognize that you also said the league has changed, so you also think that back in Keady’s days it was corrupt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chi-Boiler
That's more just just a little overreaction, with an overdose of indignation.
What kind of tracker do the fans of M$U, IU and U of I have that alerts them to pull their capes out of the closet and come over here to scream their indignation that their players have been besmirched? Mayhaps Mr Combed is more sensitive since his current coach has been indirectly associated with scandal and a previous coach is now under investigation at Kansas.

What kind of tracker do the fans of M$U, IU and U of I have that alerts them to pull their capes out of the closet and come over here to scream their indignation that their players have been besmirched? Mayhaps Mr Combed is more sensitive since his current coach has been indirectly associated with scandal and a previous coach is now under investigation at Kansas.
Those capes you talk about. They are their “ in-security blankets”.

Reactions: TX4GB
The Chicago Public League is nowhere near what it was like in the 80s and 90s as far as the corruption. Sonny Cox is long gone. I think he's actually dead. Ironically, it doesn't seem like the talent is anywhere near where it was either. It's not that big a hotbed anymore. Coincidence?

Reactions: mathboy
Bates commits to M$U. Will he go straight to the pros though? Seems like it.

Reactions: ChuckJr
Someone called it a "surprising decision." Yeah by then he should be able to go straight to the NBA but Sparty seemed to be the odds-on to land him if he does go to college. So I'm not sure what's surprising at this point.

Someone called it a "surprising decision." Yeah by then he should be able to go straight to the NBA but Sparty seemed to be the odds-on to land him if he does go to college. So I'm not sure what's surprising at this point.
Financial downside is way too high to even consider stepping foot on a college campus. If he does, it will be cool to watch because he is a once in a generation type talent.

2022 combo guard Jameel Brown. Has some deep range. Sounds like Purdue has prioritized him in a class that will replace shooting lost from Hunter and Splasha.

ripmommom (@JameelBrown1) Tweeted:
Here are my highlights from the 3 and 1/2 games I played this year. https://t.co/xwLWvpEZMK. Missed the rest of the season with a broken wrist.

Updated 247 rankings:

Jalen Washington - #15
AJ Casey - #24
Camden Heide - #54
Noah Shelby - #71
Kyle Filipowski - #81
Alex Caraban - #86
Jameel Brown - #110
Fletcher Loyer - #113

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

this should be a big class. 247 lists the following as “warm”:

Paul McMillan
CJ Gunn
Dante Davis

coupled with the list above, has anybody seen these players in person to compare? Does Purdue seem to be the early leaders for any?

this should be a big class. 247 lists the following as “warm”:

Paul McMillan
CJ Gunn
Dante Davis

coupled with the list above, has anybody seen these players in person to compare? Does Purdue seem to be the early leaders for any?

I saw on Rivals they have a prediction to Lville for Davis. Not that those predictions are worth a sh*t right now though.

Others mentioned on this thread:

Lee Dort - #10
Bruce Thornton - #36
Gradey Dick - #46
Joe Hurlburt - #47
Vince Iwuchukwu - #48 (shows warm for Boilers)
Paul McMillan - #55
Aidan Shaw - #67
D’Ante Davis - #104
CJ Gunn - #115
Will Loving-Watts - #142

Saw that! Didn’t realize we were in good shape there. The Texas pipeline is shaping up.

This would be a great class for the 4 open scholarships (depends what happens with Ingram and Kaufman in 2021 on a couple of these I’m sure):

Iwuchukwu - C
Washington - F
Heide - Wing
Loyer or McMillan - G

tenor.gif

Saw that! Didn’t realize we were in good shape there. The Texas pipeline is shaping up.

This would be a great class for the 4 open scholarships (depends what happens with Ingram and Kaufman in 2021 on a couple of these I’m sure):

Iwuchukwu - C
Washington - F
Heide - Wing
Loyer or McMillan - G
Sorry, already called this on the Pay site.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT