ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting

James was 6-6 and could leap out of the gym. He was un-flipping-believable.

Alley-oop dunks weren't just reserved for James. They hit that play with Mark Atkinson a fair amount, as well.

Definitely agree, 85....often overlooked, Jim Bullock could get up with the best of them back then. Of the ones I personally witnessed in Mackey, he had an Alley-Oop from Steve Reid on a fast break that just about took down the house.

Against Ohio State.....from our vantage point between the basket and the corner and behind the play.....it looked like for all the world, Reid's toss was headed just a bit high and outside destined for out of bounds.....then here comes Jim Bullock from the wing swooping in and Whammo! IIRC, Granville Waiters was the closest witness for the defense.

oZsPMaT-HNyVDe-oDRrBY6HrVp0rN2wZdq1UOpZtvOCFHGMqbfxr11QOtx6JAhYHgd9EcMzG71yX2b8e1FqJtkN_PUBbY0VRVfCKTRkot0wipzaB-4lTvjtbMVylSM3r

Looks like Jalen Washington didn’t play much last year with a torn ACL:

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/hig...db707fde-6d19-513e-a8ae-24eca8681b1a.amp.html

He still shows to be the #1 player in Indiana for the 2022 class. Snow’s scouting report looks Big Dog like:

Has ideal combination of size, length, skill and athleticism at the forward position. Has a huge wingspan and great hands, A new age power forward with tremendous upside. Can make shots from three, score down low or create off the dribble, A do-it-all player. A tremendous rebounder and someone who should be able to defend all over the court. He has to continue to get stronger and more consistent with his motor, but the physical tools and skills are there for him to be an elite prospect.

With this flurry of offers Purdue is up to what, 9 offers for the 2022 class?
Jameel Brown
Gradey Dick
Jalen Washington
Camden Heide
Fletcher Loyer
Paul McMillan
Alex Karaban
D'Ante Davis
Bruce Thornton

Jameel Brown
Gradey Dick
Jalen Washington
Camden Heide
Fletcher Loyer
Paul McMillan
Alex Karaban
D'Ante Davis
Bruce Thornton

Looks like it. Looking at earlier posts, we haven’t offered AJ Casey or Noah Shelby yet based on 247.

Jameel Brown
Gradey Dick
Jalen Washington
Camden Heide
Fletcher Loyer
Paul McMillan
Alex Karaban
D'Ante Davis
Bruce Thornton

13 is my count......check the pay board for details.

Reactions: TX4GB
Curious if anyone senses a shift in recruiting policy/style? I'm not sure what the flurry of recent activity really means, if anything.

Maybe Covid-19 related with no basketball camps to space out the offers?

We seem to be casting a much wider net, and targeting very good players. More so than I’ve seen in the past. It’s wonderful what a better recruiting budget can do.

Looking at the list, I think we are also focused on players that would fit into our culture, and skilled/big enough to play in the BIG. Now, this is strictly a guess looking at some of the players’ skills and demeanors as best I can from this distance. I think we are using Carsen Edwards success as a recruiting point.

Last edited:
We seem to be casting a much wider net, and targeting very good players. More so than I’ve seen in the past. It’s wonderful what a better recruiting budget can do.

Looking at the list, I think we are also focused on players that would fit into our culture, and skilled/big enough to play in the BIG. Now, this is strictly a guess looking at some of the players’ skills and demeanors as best I can from this distance. I think we are using Carsen Edwards success as a recruiting point.

Thought the same thing about all the carsen and Cline picks. Purdue will let you shoot 3s all day if you're good enough. Probably a good message. Thanks carsen

How many 2022 scholarships are available? CMP already has 3 offers out.
should be 5 but most coaches will now operate with at least one in the bank due to transfers . I think we have around 9 offers out for 2022 but that is changing daily . Keep an eye on Chauncy Wiggens I am hearing a lot of Purdue positives some connections with coach Shrew . Its early on many of them Camden Heide is one to watch as well . I keep hearing our coaches recruiting in different states come on Harrison Ingram !

should be 5 but most coaches will now operate with at least one in the bank due to transfers . I think we have around 9 offers out for 2022 but that is changing daily . Keep an eye on Chauncy Wiggens I am hearing a lot of Purdue positives some connections with coach Shrew . Its early on many of them Camden Heide is one to watch as well . I keep hearing our coaches recruiting in different states come on Harrison Ingram !

Thanks. That was an old post, yes CMP a whole slew of offers (10+) out now on 2022.....and are watching at least 15 others closely for future offers.

Last edited:
I think Coach Painter is working on the recent notoriety of our program, elite eight, Carsen And Cline setting records shooting, the recent run of truly big men playing center at Purdue. This is called striking while the iron is hot.

it may also be a good way to get these guys to visit campus so coach can get a better look at them without flying all over.

I'm kinda surprised his parents would name their son Gradey having a last name of Dick. Sounds like great dick...wtf.
I taught a family of Dicks. Lol. Seriously. Great family.

I also had a student named Holden Johnson. Again, seriously.

My favorite name was Leon Frickensmith. “Is Frickensmith here today.” Lol

Reactions: mathboy
I taught a family of Dicks. Lol. Seriously. Great family.

I also had a student named Holden Johnson. Again, seriously.

My favorite name was Leon Frickensmith. “Is Frickensmith here today.” Lol
I taught two sisters-Mary Juanna and Koe Kane... I also had a student named Imsoprecious. My all-time favorite however were two 6th grade boys that would aggravate each other all class named Jesus and Damien. Can you imagine when someone walked passed my room to hear "Damien why can't you leave Jesus alone...

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Others contacted that I found so far after 2022 recruiting opened up after midnight:

Aiden Shaw
Nick Smith
Noah Shelby
Prince Aligbe
Fletcher Loyer
Paul McMillan
Lee Dort (big man from TX)

Last edited:
Furst combined with Casey up front would be great. Furst combined with any 5 or 4 star F/C would be tough to beat.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
His brother may be at MSU, but deep down you know he wants chance to light it up from deep in big dance like Carsen and Cline.

I know he is not nearly as enamoured with Izzo as Foster was. I still think Foster was brought in as a designated free throw shooter at hack a shaq time in games because of his incredible accuracy. He shot 136-141 his Sr year of HS.

I know he is not nearly as enamoured with Izzo as Foster was. I still think Foster was brought in as a designated free throw shooter at hack a shaq time in games because of his incredible accuracy. He shot 136-141 his Sr year of HS.

Foster hasn’t played very much there. That may help us with Fletcher.

Reactions: ChuckJr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT