ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting

If he can play defense like Craft, he’ll have a huge impact. That’s a huge if, though. Craft was the only player in the Big Ten that I felt could really pressure Lewis Jackson and contain his dribble penetration.
Craft and Kramer wouldn’t get away with that same brand of physical defense in today’s college hoops.

Guess I’m in the minority- I don’t see Craft in Smith at all. Closer to Spike Albrecht or even Lewis Jackson to me.
I agree. I think initially it was said “IF he can lock someone down like craft…”

both craft and Kramer were physically dominant, which smith doesn’t appear to be. But I don’t think it was ever intended to compare them.

I'd hasten to wager that during that time period, Aaron Craft and Chris Kramer were two of the more despised defenders for other Big Ten conference foe followers. Interestingly they both had high school football backgrounds and knew how to get in front of and bother opposing players on the dribble and in space....and they were great at eliminating a player's space.....don't think they could defend the same way these days.

Looking good.....to me.

xltoMt.gif

Friend of mine coaches him in AAU and said Greg Oden compared him to Jon Diebler. Never thought of him before.

High praise there, IMO. Diebler was about as automatic as anyone from deep when open....had a prolific high school scoring career in the State of Ohio.

A few of the people he finished ahead of, among others: Jerry Lucas, Jim Jackson, LeBron James, and Bob Huggins.

Guess I’m in the minority- I don’t see Craft in Smith at all. Closer to Spike Albrecht or even Lewis Jackson to me.
I honestly don’t see Craft either, but I’ve only seen highlights and I’ve never seen defense. I don’t see Lewis Jackson and I don’t really see Spike. I do like the Carson Cunningham comparison better though, just based on the videos of Smith’s passing.

I wouldn’t take this as a net positive. Go eat your trash chili and fancy IPAs
Dude... I had spaghetti with olive oil and a bit of sausage, along with a nice merlot, later to be topped off with the Rockies' finest and maybe a cigar (if the wife doesn't find me) ...

iu

Go eat your Armadillo roadkill chili, washed down with your Milwaukee's Best, PBR, Natural Light, or Lone Star, and leave the rest of us adults to converse...

😎

Here is the website. Painter might be wise to use Edey to establish a pipeline for overlooked Canadian players.

This tournament was absolutely loaded with national Top 100 players, including many Top 25. Loyer's in good company on that 1st team and beat out several Top 50 players to get there.

Demarion Watson picks Iowa St over Minnesota. Another in state gets away from Gophers.

Minny offers Essegian for his first B1G offer. Badgers also scouting him.

Countdown to Aug 5 for the decision from Tarris Reed.
THX for the ongoing updates. You save me time and my grass is growing crazy these days.

Reactions: TX4GB and jtanoos1
Dude... I had spaghetti with olive oil and a bit of sausage, along with a nice merlot, later to be topped off with the Rockies' finest and maybe a cigar (if the wife doesn't find me) ...

iu

Go eat your Armadillo roadkill chili, washed down with your Milwaukee's Best, PBR, Natural Light, or Lone Star, and leave the rest of us adults to converse...

😎

7 predictions for Tarris Reed to Michigan on 247
Yep, Jerry Meyer with a confidence of 7 today for UM. Nothing above a 7. No confidence in their confidence. It would shock the basketball world if he picked us but not counting on it.

Who are we going after assuming Reed goes to Michigan? It looks like our only other offer at the 5 is to Vince Iwuchukwu, but he's cooled on Purdue.

If Zach comes back next year (which is not guaranteed) we still will have about 20 minutes available at the 5. Are we planning on letting Furst fill the gap? Seems like a lot to ask of him and one injury would end our season. Maybe a transfer will be necessary.

No disrespect to Kebba Njie, but he didn't look like the answer during Peach Jam. There was plenty of opportunity for someone to step up besides Fletcher, but he never really did. Also, I feel like we already have our local, long term prospect in Braden Smith and I wouldn't like a roster of only developmental pieces

Who are we going after assuming Reed goes to Michigan? It looks like our only other offer at the 5 is to Vince Iwuchukwu, but he's cooled on Purdue.

If Zach comes back next year (which is not guaranteed) we still will have about 20 minutes available at the 5. Are we planning on letting Furst fill the gap? Seems like a lot to ask of him and one injury would end our season. Maybe a transfer will be necessary.

No disrespect to Kebba Njie, but he didn't look like the answer during Peach Jam. There was plenty of opportunity for someone to step up besides Fletcher, but he never really did. Also, I feel like we already have our local, long term prospect in Braden Smith and I wouldn't like a roster of only developmental pieces
At this time in 2019, I had never heard of Zach Edey. I have to assume that Painter is evaluating a backup plan and will roll the scholarship if nobody good enough is available.

At this time in 2019, I had never heard of Zach Edey. I have to assume that Painter is evaluating a backup plan and will roll the scholarship if nobody good enough is available.
This. Bigs in high school typically develop more slowly than guards. They are usually still growing and figuring out their bodies. I imagine that Painter is watching kids that aren't on anyone else's radar.

Reactions: ChuckJr and TX4GB
Transfer market is another option. We may need to go that route this year at the 5. Go for bigs promised minutes at the blue bloods that didn’t go their way. Or guys who emerged for lesser teams.

I think we will be fine and Edey hopefully will still be here as a Junior and along with Furst. We can go and get a 5 for 2023.

Reactions: TX4GB
I'm less concerned with the bigs and more concerned with getting a 5 tool scoring PG. We lose Ivey after this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT