ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting

Penn St it is for Jameel Brown. Micah got his player after all to start his rebuild. A little bit of suspense with Purdue in the mix talk during a slow basketball recruiting news period. Maybe Coach Johnson and Lusk put on a press at the end to try and reel him back in.

Jameel Brown decision tomorrow, second time around. Someone on Minny board said we made up ground recently? I didn’t know we were still in the hunt. He visited Minnesota in late June but seems like Penn State would be the favorite.

After he decommitted and Painter had 2 guards commited for that class, I'm surprised that the offer was still there.

After he decommitted and Painter had 2 guards commited for that class, I'm surprised that the offer was still there.

JMHO - think it has a lot to do with and demonstrates CMP's straight-forward and direct approach philosophy. If he makes a scholarship offer without any up-front conditions, then it generally remains open until the recruit actually commits elsewhere (or tells Painter he's declining the offer). He's about as straight-forward, no beat-around-the-bushes as it gets in that area....even perhaps to his detriment in some circles.

Now, with the new transfer rules, he has stated that he "may" consider oversigning if necessary......that's going to be a developing aspect of recruiting going forward, as there hasn't really been but one cycle yet.....plus there is still the after effects of the "free" eligibility year (last year) to measure out.

Oh.....then there's this thing I heard about called NIL? :)

JMHO - think it has a lot to do with and demonstrates CMP's straight-forward and direct approach philosophy. If he makes a scholarship offer without any up-front conditions, then it generally remains open until the recruit actually commits elsewhere (or tells Painter he's declining the offer). He's about as straight-forward, no beat-around-the-bushes as it gets in that area....even perhaps to his detriment in some circles.

Now, with the new transfer rules, he has stated that he "may" consider oversigning if necessary......that's going to be a developing aspect of recruiting going forward, as there hasn't really been but one cycle yet.....plus there is still the after effects of the "free" eligibility year (last year) to measure out.

Oh.....then there's this thing I heard about called NIL? :)
Right, we might need another Combo guard. Good timing with the announcement from Myles yesterday. He will help fill that void.

Are we assuming for the most part the coaching staff is finished recruiting '22? I'm sure they are still looking at players, but are there any real possibilities currently? Does that mean we will be looking for a big man in the portal for next season?

Are we assuming for the most part the coaching staff is finished recruiting '22? I'm sure they are still looking at players, but are there any real possibilities currently? Does that mean we will be looking for a big man in the portal for next season?
Hope not-this class really needs a big. Either a true Center or an athletic 4 that can play C

There are still a boat-load of good uncommited players in the class. But according to Rivals, not many have offers from Purdue. Who knows how many have mutual interest? Or if there are hidden gems being recruited by the staff?

Intriguing......

BØilker Up!

swedish-chef.gif

It looks like Greg Gard is trying to steal the ball away from him.

As a coach Greg should know you are not supposed to hit down when trying to steal the ball- it gets called every time. Maybe this is why Wisconsin seems to be underperforming at times. c'mon, Greg. Listen to your game telecasts- all the announcers know this!

Reactions: Smokestack91
Only if that tool translates to the next level. Lots of 5 tool minor league baseball players end up not being 5 tool major league players.

Plenty of "5 tool" guys in high school until they play against another team that is also full of "5 tool" guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT