TBA

Sun., Dec. 3 BALL STATE
Fri., Dec. 8 VALPARAISO
Sun., Dec. 10 OHIO

2017 Basketball Travelers Inc. Invitational
Sun., Dec. 17 EASTERN WASHINGTON
Mon., Dec. 18 UT MARTIN
Wed., Dec. 20 SAINT MARY'S

Notes: No times/TV yet. ... The ACC/Big Ten game might be at Georgia Tech, although it has yet to be confirmed and will be announced by the conferences. ... Purdue is playing at Utah on its way to Honolulu. ... No opponents were NCAA Tournament qualifiers in 2016-17. ... The two Power 5 teams (USC and Utah) finished a combined 30-31 last season, although the third P5 (ACC) is TBA. Ga Tech finished 22-15 last season, losing in triple OT in the WNIT finals to Michigan in Detroit. ... The Big Ten schedule is likely to be released in late August/early September.

This is really bad. We don't play in a great conference as it is. Why go so light in the non conference?

Reactions: Mullah
The first year after I retired we played a home schedule that included Texas, Stanford. Powerful LaTech and Notre Dame.

I understand what you are saying. But on the other hand we are not opening the season with two games in Maine. Grin.

I think the games in Maine just illustrate that point further. They can lose to these mid-level teams anyway. Might as well throw a few games against decent teams. Even if you lose to Stanford or Louisville or Notre Dame those games aren't really going to hurt you in making the NCAA tournament. Losing to Maine and MAC teams will look bad. Not saying we can't play those teams but I don't think they should make up our entire non-conference schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT