ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Receiver? Rice?

I thought there was wind of maybe a personal issue, which may have certainly been the reason for the bad grades. We'll probably never know the whole story.

Goldblkhoops stated Wright was training for the NFL draft in FL. Not sure what his chances are of getting drafted, especially after a year off. Seems like his best bet would be to get eligible, come back to Purdue, and be WR1 in Brohm's offense. Pretty much guaranteed to get drafted in the first 3 rounds in that scenario imo.
Wright’s best bet is to train up until the combine, and then to run a sub 4.4 40 time.

Wright’s best bet is to train up until the combine, and then to run a sub 4.4 40 time.
Sub 4.4 is truly elite speed. I dont think Wright is that fast. He might break 4.5 though, which would be quite good at his size.

Regardless, I wish him the best. He'll always be a Boilermaker to me.

Sub 4.4 is truly elite speed. I dont think Wright is that fast. He might break 4.5 though, which would be quite good at his size.

Regardless, I wish him the best. He'll always be a Boilermaker to me.
I know of at least 1 NFL team that could use a 6’-3” WR that runs a 4.4…

Reactions: DAG10
It would require such a lack of effort, that, to your point...it would require effort to put forth essentially no effort at all.

To have gotten to that point was pretty crazy...to have still had the chance(s) to address/rectify it, and, STILL not be able to...that is genuinely alarming.

I felt like Purdue/staff were in part to blame for his having been in that position in that they obviously do grade checks and what not, but, again, for this situation to have been as bad as it apparently was...it is on the kid.

How anyone with what he had on the line could find themselves in that position to begin with is really surprising (and that is being kind).

Yes. I agree. And sometimes adults and young adults make bad decisions even after receiving very good advice from the caring friends, parents, teachers, and coaches in their lives. It is hard to watch, but most of us are old enough to have lived through this. Maybe even both sides.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT