ADVERTISEMENT

☆☆☆☆OFFICIAL IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY THREAD☆☆☆☆

No, they view it as the truth coming out. Everyone knows the Dem's were ill prepared, they lied, and this sham was all about 2016 and 2020.
You are turned upside down, down is up, left is right, wrong is right. What twisted your mind up so much?
There was no truth at all coming from the Republican side.

No, they view it as the truth coming out. Everyone knows the Dem's were ill prepared, they lied, and this sham was all about 2016 and 2020.
"Everyone knows......"
As long as "everyone' is defined as every Trump Base Trooper. I.e. - 42% of US voters.

Impeachment inherently is overturning voters, so I find no vitality in any debate that includes it.
Obviously Founders were aware it would overturn an election and included impeachment. To me, that really is the end of that discussion. The issues should be 1) what did the person do, and 2) based on what was done, is removal the proper remedy. It is actually that simple.
And there was no timeline laid out by the founders with relation to the previous or upcoming election.
I see all you guys wrapping yourselves up in the Constitution but making arguments that it doesn't support.

Reactions: 70boiler
Not one shred of that statement having a bit of truth to it Mik.
Oh geez, you’re still denying that it never even happened? The new taking point is that is happened but it doesn’t rise to the level of impeachment. That’s ok, give you a little time to catch up on the propaganda.

The framers did not anticipate a political party operating in the manner of the modern Republican Party, and so the US constitution as it is currently written is wholly inadequate to deal with the problem.

when the defense is arguing that the president could murder somebody, and that he could not be impeached for because it would be “against the national interest” (in this case, the Republican Party believes the protection of the Republican Party is synonymous with the national interest), impeachment is no longer capable of being used as a check against executive overreach.

The republicans are going to destroy the system of checks and balances to protect the Republican Party. In a way, the republicans that voted to impeach Nixon just look like suckers now.

Reactions: 70boiler
I read that 5 times and still can't keep my head from shaking. WTF.
that's because you're a child who doesn't understand english or humor!!!???...!!!???!!!CAPS WOOO
comparable in certain respects, typically in a way which makes clearer the nature of the things compared. but i digress...bitter dems tried to rig an election through foreign interference and FISA abuse. now ive left swiped you. sorry

The attorney for Lev Parnas has sent a letter to McConnell saying, "If Lev Parnas was called as a witness, he would provide testimony based upon personal knowledge, corroborated by physical evidence ... directly relevant to the President's impeachment inquiry."

So while the Republican Senators showed the country that they are partisan hacks willing to sell out the country, the evidence will keep on coming.

The attorney for Lev Parnas has sent a letter to McConnell saying, "If Lev Parnas was called as a witness, he would provide testimony based upon personal knowledge, corroborated by physical evidence ... directly relevant to the President's impeachment inquiry."

So while the Republican Senators showed the country that they are partisan hacks willing to sell out the country, the evidence will keep on coming.
Would Lev be allowed in to testify with his ankle bracelet on?

Partisan hacks? How about that House!

Reactions: GABoilermakers
Would Lev be allowed in to testify with his ankle bracelet on?

Partisan hacks? How about that House!
He’s a pos like the rest of them, but he’s squealing and we know he was deeply involved in all of it. Partisan hacks in the House as well, only Republican that had some integrity was Amash.

I'm curious to know how TDS will justify Wednesday's vote when there ends up being bipartisan support for acquittal of President Trump? 56-44 to acquit? 57-43?

Indy... please let us know how you're doing on Wednesday when Democrats also vote in favor of President Trump.

I'm curious to know how TDS will justify Wednesday's vote when there ends up being bipartisan support for acquittal of President Trump? 56-44 to acquit? 57-43?

Indy... please let us know how you're doing on Wednesday when Democrats also vote in favor of President Trump.
It’s going to be a dark, dark day.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
that's because you're a child who doesn't understand english or humor!!!???...!!!???!!!CAPS WOOO
comparable in certain respects, typically in a way which makes clearer the nature of the things compared. but i digress...bitter dems tried to rig an election through foreign interference and FISA abuse. now ive left swiped you. sorry
Ahhh, the sage of the General Discussion Board , enlightening everyone with his discovery of the analogy
device......would we all be so fortunate as to have the incomparable level of language usage and of sense of humor, as our distinguished lord and master...….

Say, now....DEMS rigging the 2016 election " through foreign interference " ??!!

Now we're all straight !! All that time believing that Trump was the beneficiary of Russian intrusion...
TSB to the rescue....

Senate Republicans now own everything Trump has done and will do. I never really thought that them doing the right thing would be in the cards, that’s alright, they’re going to get hammered over the next 10 months.

Last edited:
Ahhh, the sage of the General Discussion Board , enlightening everyone with his discovery of the analogy
device......would we all be so fortunate as to have the incomparable level of language usage and of sense of humor, as our distinguished lord and master...….

Say, now....DEMS rigging the 2016 election " through foreign interference " ??!!

Now we're all straight !! All that time believing that Trump was the beneficiary of Russian intrusion...
TSB to the rescue....
It tops being the board a$$hole which is your position

Impeachment inherently is overturning voters, so I find no vitality in any debate that includes it.
Obviously Founders were aware it would overturn an election and included impeachment. To me, that really is the end of that discussion. The issues should be 1) what did the person do, and 2) based on what was done, is removal the proper remedy. It is actually that simple.
And in this case, Schiff and Nadler used a defective inquiry process and submitted defective impeachment articles. They did not prove their case (again, what was the actual crime?) and thus Trump will be acquitted against these articles.

I border on total disgust reading this Board.The thought in so many ways is extraordinarily childish, shallow and naive.
This really is not an "I Win and You Lose" type of zero sum game. Both sides will come to find this whole thing unbelievably detrimental to the well being of the country.
At my age it will have little or no impact on me, but I really regret what I expect the circumstances to be as my grandchildren move into middle age in 20 or 25 years.
Shortsightedness is seldom a virtue.

And in this case, Schiff and Nadler used a defective inquiry process and submitted defective impeachment articles. They did not prove their case (again, what was the actual crime?) and thus Trump will be acquitted against these articles.
Pretty simple.

I border on total disgust reading this Board.The thought in so many ways is extraordinarily childish, shallow and naive.
This really is not an "I Win and You Lose" type of zero sum game. Both sides will come to find this whole thing unbelievably detrimental to the well being of the country.
At my age it will have little or no impact on me, but I really regret what I expect the circumstances to be as my grandchildren move into middle age in 20 or 25 years.
Sure is. Who knew shaking up the establishment would cause one side of the aisle to completely lose their minds?

This is very true. Sets a horrible precedent for the future. Impeach the President because you don't like him. Try to overturn the 2016 election results because you think you might lose in 2020. The impeachment process has been weaponized like never before. I'd like to hope that this isn't the beginning of the end of the American Republic, where political polarization is so severe that the country tears itself apart with the infighting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT