ADVERTISEMENT

‘20 class winding down

Ok and Ralph said almost 20 year old Charlie runs a 4.53. Last I checked that’s a 4.5. So Again we are suppose to believe they are the same speed. Sure they are. LOL.
I’ll ask this Question: Why would Head Coach Kyle Ralph whom has a solid program and gets Div I talented recruited from his program overtly lie? His reputation would be ruined for other coaches and other recruits by lying about 1 player. If he blew it on Charlie, would he be trusted in the future? Vouching for a player means staking your reputation on him.

I’ll ask this Question: Why would Head Coach Kyle Ralph whom has a solid program and gets Div I talented recruited from his program overtly lie? His reputation would be ruined for other coaches and other recruits by lying about 1 player. If he blew it on Charlie, would he be trusted in the future? Vouching for a player means staking your reputation on him.
This is the first year he has had D1 recruits. His first 2 and at this point Charlie isn’t one. At least with a scholarship. Coaches finagle all the time for guys. Yep and good coaches love their kids and want all they can get for their guys. You still didn’t answer if I’m suppose to believe he has Davis Bell speed. If he really does run a 4.53( and it’s in doubt) why not go to 1 camp? I’ve heard thru some That Ralph is pushing so hard and ran up his stats because he wants a Mr. Football from his program. Can’t blame him for that.

This is the first year he has had D1 recruits. His first 2 and at this point Charlie isn’t one. At least with a scholarship. Coaches finagle all the time for guys. Yep and good coaches love their kids and want all they can get for their guys. You still didn’t answer if I’m suppose to believe he has Davis Bell speed. If he really does run a 4.53( and it’s in doubt) why not go to 1 camp? I’ve heard thru some That Ralph is pushing so hard and ran up his stats because he wants a Mr. Football from his program. Can’t blame him for that.
I agree. Go to one camp. Money’s not an issue. Times not an issue. Show up, run your 4.5, silence all the doubters and impress all the coaches. Why wouldn’t you do it? I think he would much rather let his coach do the talking ( timing) for him instead of going to a camp and running a 4.9. I don’t care if he can run a 3.5, D1 coaches aren’t interested in him. None of them. There’s a reason for that. They’re not ALL wrong.

David runs a 4.5 40 per his High School Coach Jayson West. That is if you trust the source being Head Coach.
https://247sports.com/college/notre...er-David-Bell-is-a-national-recruit-48073822/

False equivalence - that article and quote were from David's SOPHOMORE year in high school, prior to him working out(and being officially timed) at Purdue, Ohio State and a litany of other schools and settings. He had also not yet turned 16 years old. As opposed to a kid who'll be 20 before setting foot on a college campus.

Reactions: JRowdy20
There is a huge difference between recruiting for college football and soccer. Kids may be overlooked, even frequently, in soccer but the large amount of camp opportunities, college recruiting staffs and dedicated coordinators, available film, recruiting services, etc in football reduces the number of overlooked football players to a minimum. Head coaches, staffs, even recruiting services have analyzed the guy with whom you have an obsession and not seen a P5 level recruit. If he wants to walk on and try to earn a scholarship at Purdue, good luck to him. I'd support him just as I would any good student-athlete. It worked for Horvath after all.
I do agree with your response, there are tremendous staffs in football that scour a lot of video, go to games, schools, in home visits etc. to minimize their opportunity for error. We’ll see how this pans out.

I agree. Go to one camp. Money’s not an issue. Times not an issue. Show up, run your 4.5, silence all the doubters and impress all the coaches. Why wouldn’t you do it? I think he would much rather let his coach do the talking ( timing) for him instead of going to a camp and running a 4.9. I don’t care if he can run a 3.5, D1 coaches aren’t interested in him. None of them. There’s a reason for that. They’re not ALL wrong.
You are correct. They are not all wrong. There are some that are doing their due diligence. Mike Hart ex RB and current RB coach at IU is bringing him in this weekend. Hate for IU to get him, but we’ll see. Report says 11.3 s 100m time.
https://247sports.com/Article/Historic-career-behind-him-whats-next-for-Charlie-Spegal-139912356/

I have no doubt in my mind that he runs the 4,53 - 4.6 range. 247 report that posted today says 11.3 s 100m speed. Again, at some point, let the eyeball test vs top tier high school programs validate he has the speed to hit the hole, find a crease, break a tackle and be into the secondary in a hurry.
https://247sports.com/Article/Historic-career-behind-him-whats-next-for-Charlie-Spegal-139912356/

I have no doubt in my mind that he runs the 4,53 - 4.6 range. 247 report that posted today says 11.3 s 100m speed. Again, at some point, let the eyeball test vs top tier high school programs validate he has the speed to hit the hole, find a crease, break a tackle and be into the secondary in a hurry.

I call BS on that 100 time. An 11.3 would've placed 2nd in their track sectional last spring, and would've been .2+ better than either of the NP kids in the race. If he can actually do it, and do it with electronic timing, then let's see it - run him in the track sectionals this year.

I call BS on that 100 time. An 11.3 would've placed 2nd in their track sectional last spring, and would've been .2+ better than either of the NP kids in the race. If he can actually do it, and do it with electronic timing, then let's see it - run him in the track sectionals this year.
Charlie was in the 4x100 relay last season and they ran a 45.45 s 400m run. It is 4th on their school record books.
https://www.athletic.net/trackandfield/SchoolRecords.aspx?SchoolID=17104

Charlie was in the 4x100 relay last season and they ran a 45.45 s 400m run. It is 4th on their school record books.
https://www.athletic.net/trackandfield/SchoolRecords.aspx?SchoolID=17104

Much different event - and New Pal finished eighth in the sectional in the 4 x 100, by the way.

Found the heat sheets from the 2019 Warren Central boys track sectional. Your boy was listed is an alternate in the 100 meter dash for New Pal, with a best time of 11.99 seconds. A far cry from 11.3 that you and his coach claim. Puts into serious doubt the claims for the 40 time as well.

This is a riot. I bring up the 100m question a couple weeks ago and get put in my place by the Spegalettes. “100m doesn’t matter for a football player!” Now his coach is bragging about his (also unconfirmed) 100m time. Too rich.

This is a riot. I bring up the 100m question a couple weeks ago and get put in my place by the Spegalettes. “100m doesn’t matter for a football player!” Now his coach is bragging about his (also unconfirmed) 100m time. Too rich.

To me the real shame is that the seemingly endless promotion has likely had the opposite effect and gotten some people into the "anti" side more than anything else. From what some have said he's not a bad guy, and I don't have anything against him myself. And as I've stated often, if he chooses to walk on at Purdue I'd support him as I do every other good student-athlete.

Didn’t have to run all over. 1 camp. Just 1 camp. Post your times and move on. Call it what you want, but college coaches aren’t stupid. So rumor has it David Bell runs in the 4.6 area right now. We are to believe he is as fast, or faster than David Bell ?
You didn’t read the piece.

Much different event - and New Pal finished eighth in the sectional in the 4 x 100, by the way.

Found the heat sheets from the 2019 Warren Central boys track sectional. Your boy was listed is an alternate in the 100 meter dash for New Pal, with a best time of 11.99 seconds. A far cry from 11.3 that you and his coach claim. Puts into serious doubt the claims for the 40 time as well.
I like that you are doing your homework as well. :)

11.99 - documented. Apparently the track coach didn't get the message about that claimed 11.3, huh?

For reference, former Purdue linebacker Jason Werner ran a 10.85 in high school (at Roncalli). He was also part of a 4 X 100 team that posted a 42.34 time.
Here is what I am wondering. At the family reunion picnic, which one - New Pal or Milwaukee Boiler - starts Spegals 40 by yelling “go” and who stands at the finish line ( at 34 yards) and clicks the stopwatch? And are they eating a chicken leg at the time or like really paying serious attention? Are they playing with the other nieces and nephews or just Charlie?

Reactions: BoilerAlumni12
Here is what I am wondering. At the family reunion picnic, which one - New Pal or Milwaukee Boiler - starts Spegals 40 by yelling “go” and who stands at the finish line ( at 34 yards) and clicks the stopwatch? And are they eating a chicken leg at the time or like really paying serious attention? Are they playing with the other nieces and nephews or just Charlie?
All the above is correct! Even had the Sweet Tea in the same hand as the stopwatch! LOL

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
You are correct. They are not all wrong. There are some that are doing their due diligence. Mike Hart ex RB and current RB coach at IU is bringing him in this weekend. Hate for IU to get him, but we’ll see. Report says 11.3 s 100m time.
Your not telling the while story. IU Also offered him a PWO. It seems as if no div 1 coaches want to tie up a scholly on a dude that will play special teams Only!

Your not telling the while story. IU Also offered him a PWO. It seems as if no div 1 coaches want to tie up a scholly on a dude that will play special teams Only!
And is already older than possibly half their team. Kid will be able to legally get in a bar in about a year as a college true freshman. He was a full grown man that was stronger and way older than anyone on the field. Imagine if you could go back in time and when you are a sophomore in college then be able to go back and play in HS. Wouldn’t it be fun to dominate like that? I’m assuming that the big push from Ralph is 2 fold. Probably promised his parents before he transferred in plenty of state and national records and a D1 scholarship. There are some good players on that team including 2 D1 guys one of which Purdue offered. All we hear about is this kid. He’s not even a home grown New Pal kid. He is a 2 year transfer. Who should of graduated in 2018 at the age of 18 1/2

That is too early to talk. IU coaches are bringing him in this weekend. Winds might be changing down there.

Last edited:
And is already older than possibly half their team. Kid will be able to legally get in a bar in about a year as a college true freshman. He was a full grown man that was stronger and way older than anyone on the field. Imagine if you could go back in time and when you are a sophomore in college then be able to go back and play in HS. Wouldn’t it be fun to dominate like that? I’m assuming that the big push from Ralph is 2 fold. Probably promised his parents before he transferred in plenty of state and national records and a D1 scholarship. There are some good players on that team including 2 D1 guys one of which Purdue offered. All we hear about is this kid. He’s not even a home grown New Pal kid. He is a 2 year transfer. Who should of graduated in 2018 at the age of 18 1/2
Agree with all your points. imagine Rondale going back to High School and playing next year! Lol.

Reactions: jindy
No kidding! Whoever we pair him
up to room with will be so happy! “ Hey everyone, MY roomie can buy us beer”!!
LOL, see that is why he should be a Boiler. Can get the Bolier Gold this fall for his FR teammates.
Regardless how we all feel, he is stronger than an Ox even for his age, very few RB can put up those measurables even when they are JR’s and SR’s in college. Benching over 400 is impressive as hell for a RB. I wish him well.

Last edited:
LOL, see that is why he should be a Boiler. Can get the Bolier Gold this fall for his FR teammates.
Regardless how we all feel, he is stronger than an Ox even for his age, very few RB can put up those measurables even when they are JR’s and SR’s in college. Benching over 400 is impressive as hell for a RB. I wish him well.

Maybe that's why the slow(11.99) 100 time - he's aged enough to be need a walker. 100 meters is tough when toting one of those around.

Here's an idea. Let's ALL stop talking about Charlie Spegal until he either has an offer from Purdue, or he commits elsewhere. Clearly if he were a high level recruit, Notre Dame, Purdue, and Michigan would be interested. But they're not...

Here's an idea. Let's ALL stop talking about Charlie Spegal until he either has an offer from Purdue, or he commits elsewhere. Clearly if he were a high level recruit, Notre Dame, Purdue, and Michigan would be interested. But they're not...

Agree, but maybe just the first part - an offer from PURDUE.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Hmmm...

I will be pissed if he Mike Alstott's us and plows into the end zone and beats us.
Chasing after a load WR's (19) on roster and 12 or so are on scholarship and knowing that we'll gamble with 6 RB's knowing that a couple or more a season get dinged up enough to sit out 1 or more games.
I won't understand the logic. I won't mention his name, but suffice to say that we could have had him with a partial scholarship and now he is opening eyes as a Freshman down south of us.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT