ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy loss won't be considered a bad one

Don't understand how a 19-12 SEC team could be a bad loss in the first place let alone on the road.

Agreed. I actually think our 30 pt loss to ND (even though they are ranked) is a worse loss than the Vandy loss.

Originally posted by PBoiler84:

Agreed. I actually think our 30 pt loss to ND (even though they are ranked) is a worse loss than the Vandy loss.
A 10 pts loss to Vandy is absolutely nothing compared to the beatdown by ND and the GW, NF losses. Those were bad. Being crushed by 30 by anyone is a bad loss. Then, the GW, NF losses are why were in this position in the first place of discussing this bubble. I think it popped yesterday. We're in unless someone runs us out of the building in the BTT. It'd have to be a meltdown that I don't see happening.

We were in our 3 game funk right then and it looked bad for the rest of the season. The ND game made me wonder if we really had any chemistry at all. It was the worst of times. It's almost strange how things changed around after those games. Just shows that if everyone gets on the same page, good things can happen.

Yep those losses were last year, and certainly don't "appear" as bad as once was thought.

Vandy is a decent team this year and pretty young too. They went through a stretch in January where they lost like 5 or 6 close conference games. Since then, they have won 8 of 10. If they had won 2 of those close games, They would be sitting at 22-10 and solidly be in the bubble discussion.

I totally agree with all of your statements but when the committee looks at bad losses they look at losses to teams in rpi 100+. A loss to a decent power 5 team on the road should not be considered a bad loss. But with the Vandy W they are inside the top 100.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT