ADVERTISEMENT

Time to lock down a PG

Look for Dylan Ennis from Villanova or Ricky Tarrant from Alabama to possibly come our way...5th year guys.

As far as bigs...I think AJH comes back and Painter goes heavy after Brunk, Ward or Benson in 2016 class.

Future is bright still..............

Remember Taylor has a year to learn the system and get his body right

Look for good things from him off the bench this next year and give Painter the opportunity to play Haas and Hammons at same time because Taylor off bench in case of foul trouble or even slide Edwards to the 3 and play Taylor at 4 and Haas or Hammons at 5.

Purdue will be ready next year and for years to come......Boiler Up!

Have to get a quality PG. This roster as is might be a bubble team. They are a 6-7 seed with a quality PG. Could have been much more with Swanigan and a good PG but it is what it is.

Originally posted by PU52Chevy:
Look for Dylan Ennis from Villanova or Ricky Tarrant from Alabama to possibly come our way...5th year guys.

As far as bigs...I think AJH comes back and Painter goes heavy after Brunk, Ward or Benson in 2016 class.

Future is bright still..............

Remember Taylor has a year to learn the system and get his body right

Look for good things from him off the bench this next year and give Painter the opportunity to play Haas and Hammons at same time because Taylor off bench in case of foul trouble or even slide Edwards to the 3 and play Taylor at 4 and Haas or Hammons at 5.

Purdue will be ready next year and for years to come......Boiler Up!
Nice post. I think you're right with Edwards at the 3, Taylor at the 4, and AJ at the 5 with Haas relieving either Taylor or AJ.

I also think the PG situation is okay the way it is.

I would love to see CMP strike gold again with another pickup like last season with J.Octeus. I feel definitely time to use C.Swanigan schollie and even B.Scott's schollie and find players that can help build some depth.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Dylan Ennis is probably the best one available right now. There might be some de-commits that could be pretty good in the long term, but Ennis would be another instant impact player like Octeus.

Ennis had pretty good numbers this past season (except for FT's, but he did shoot 79% from the charity stripe in '13-'14):

He started and averaged 9.9 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 1 SPG, 3.5 APG, 1.8 TPG, 42% FG's (123-295), 62% FT's (52-84), 36% 3PT's (58-160), 28.1 MPG and played in all 36 games for the Big East champs and a #1 seeded team in the NCAA Tournament.

If they get Ennis and a go-to-scorer like Damion Lee (Drexel) or a big and skilled 4 like Tyler Harris (Providence), at least on paper, Purdue will be deep and looking pretty, pretty good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT