ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone with direct lines to players/staff/coaches?

krazychicagod

True Freshman
Mar 21, 2022
Anyone? I saw a poster say he was watching the game today with a former player.

If anyone has a line at all of contact, please reach out and mention defenders putting 2 hands on edey with the ball in the post. By the rule book, this isnt a subjective thing, this is an automatic whistle the second a player puts a 2nd hand or fore arm into a post players back when they have the ball with back to basket.

This has been allowed in every single game of the tournament and it isnt being called. I havemt seen any players or coaches bringing it up to refs. Im sure the staff knows this, but they need to be all over the officials before the game monday to be watching for this and to blow the whistle the second that other hand or arm contacts edeys back. This isnt a judgement call missed foul, this is a blatant and easy to call rule that is being disregarded all tournament long.

If anyome has any contact lines, pls, use them and mention this

Pretty sure this is something our coaching staff probably discusses with officials before every game all season. They can't make them call it but I've heard them discuss it in the media so they're aware and I'm sure do whatever they can to emphasize it to the officials.

Pretty sure this is something our coaching staff probably discusses with officials before every game all season. They can't make them call it but I've heard them discuss it in the media so they're aware and I'm sure do whatever they can to emphasize it to the officials.
You have heard them mention the 2 hands on edey specifically? I havent at all, but I hope you are right. This seems to not ever get called. I think it maybe MAYBE was called once on gonzaga but I think it was because the 2nd hand grabbed and pulled edeys jersey, I havent seen a single other time this tourney

You have heard them mention the 2 hands on edey specifically? I havent at all, but I hope you are right. This seems to not ever get called. I think it maybe MAYBE was called once on gonzaga but I think it was because the 2nd hand grabbed and pulled edeys jersey, I havent seen a single other time this tourney
Yes. I wasn't aware of the specifics of the rule before hearing them talk about it. Apparently one forearm/hand in the back is ok. The 2nd forearm/hand should be a foul and yes it happens to Edey on almost every play and maybe gets called 2-3 times a half.

Yes. I wasn't aware of the specifics of the rule before hearing them talk about it. Apparently one forearm/hand in the back is ok. The 2nd forearm/hand should be a foul and yes it happens to Edey on almost every play and maybe gets called 2-3 times a half.
Well glad they brought it up. There should be someone on the sideline whose only job is tracking that amd every time out going to the refs and showing them the non called 2 hands

Well glad they brought it up. There should be someone on the sideline whose only job is tracking that amd every time out going to the refs and showing them the non called 2 hands
Krazy...at some point you just gotta start enjoying this. Don't let the moment pass you by while fretting about the past or the future. Dude, do I really need to remind you that we are in the freaking national championship game? What an awesome gift for Boiler fans everywhere. Be at peace, and enjoy. Many of us have been waiting a lifetime for this moment!

I am sure they know and have talked every game, but if they aren’t calling it , you have to play through it. I would think Painter would ask before the game if they will set the tone early and call it, if not Purdue should do it too.

Hand checking has been a point of emphasis for a while. You show me games where this gets called for anyone.

Hand checking has been a point of emphasis for a while. You show me games where this gets called for anyone.
I saw it get called when it was done to Furst, because he is a normal player, not a giant. It gets called all the time.

Anyone? I saw a poster say he was watching the game today with a former player.

If anyone has a line at all of contact, please reach out and mention defenders putting 2 hands on edey with the ball in the post. By the rule book, this isnt a subjective thing, this is an automatic whistle the second a player puts a 2nd hand or fore arm into a post players back when they have the ball with back to basket.

This has been allowed in every single game of the tournament and it isnt being called. I havemt seen any players or coaches bringing it up to refs. Im sure the staff knows this, but they need to be all over the officials before the game monday to be watching for this and to blow the whistle the second that other hand or arm contacts edeys back. This isnt a judgement call missed foul, this is a blatant and easy to call rule that is being disregarded all tournament long.

If anyome has any contact lines, pls, use them and mention this
Do you really believe that the coaches are unaware? They have shared it not only in words, but in video for a few years now. It amazes me that you would consider them unaware or haven't tried to address it with it being so important to Purdue. You must not believe the coaches know much.

Last edited:
I saw it get called when it was done to Furst, because he is a normal player, not a giant. It gets called all the time.
I think @KentuckyBoiler was talking about hand checking and not an arm bar, but maybe he meant arm bar? Hand checking is normally associated with perimeter D and most generally defending the ball...just putting the hands on the offensive player.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
I think @KentuckyBoiler was talking about hand checking and not an arm bar, but maybe he meant arm bar? Hand checking is normally associated with perimeter D and most generally defending the ball...just putting the hands on the offensive player.
Correct, I was not talking about an arm bar. I was talking about actual hand checking.

My point is that a rule too that defenders are not supposed to be able to use, and it is not called either, except in the rarest of occasions.

Reactions: tjreese
Correct, I was not talking about an arm bar. I was talking about actual hand checking.

My point is that a rule too that defenders are not supposed to be able to use, and it is not called either, except in the rarest of occasions.
Got it. They stopped hand checking in the NBA for a while back when Jordan retired ( the first time) to try and improve flow and scoring. After he got 55 in his second game when he returned they quietly started allowing it.

Krazy...at some point you just gotta start enjoying this. Don't let the moment pass you by while fretting about the past or the future. Dude, do I really need to remind you that we are in the freaking national championship game? What an awesome gift for Boiler fans everywhere. Be at peace, and enjoy. Many of us have been waiting a lifetime for this moment!
Trust me I am enjoying it. After crying at the elite 8 win, a weight has been lifted. The rest is icing. I still want to win obviously. And I hate seeing teams blatantly getting away with rule violations.

I have waited my lifetime for this as well

Trust me I am enjoying it. After crying at the elite 8 win, a weight has been lifted. The rest is icing. I still want to win obviously. And I hate seeing teams blatantly getting away with rule violations.

12 years is a long time to wait.

Awesome. That's good to hear, man. I don't think anyone on this board questions your passion. But as you know, none of us has any control over what the refs do...whether they are biased, cheating, or whatever. Gotta just keep up the good vibes and let the chips fall where the may. Enjoy your Sunday, Boiler up on Monday, and expect a natty.

Reactions: krazychicagod
Awesome. That's good to hear, man. I don't think anyone on this board questions your passion. But as you know, none of us has any control over what the refs do...whether they are biased, cheating, or whatever. Gotta just keep up the good vibes and let the chips fall where the may. Enjoy your Sunday, Boiler up on Monday, and expect a natty.

Lets go!

Reactions: Old Gold n Black
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT