ADVERTISEMENT

Celebration is over....Time to Refocus

pulax78

Gold Member
Sep 20, 2001
Plantation, FL
I anticipate this to be a better game than expected. the DJ's are very capable players. I expect Diarra to be posted against Edey to avoid Burns fouls. However, when Burns is posted against Edey the big man could be a difficult play for Edey as he will be hard to move. On offense Burns is quick, has a nice spin move, Edey could be challenged. Does TKR post him? And the point guard Horne is very quick and disruptive, if he can knock Smith off his game it may cause more turnovers than usual. - How do you the match-ups? Where will we be challenged?

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I anticipate this to be a better game than expected. the DJ's are very capable players. I expect Diarra to be posted against Edey to avoid Burns fouls. However, when Burns is posted against Edey the big man could be a difficult play for Edey as he will be hard to move. On offense Burns is quick, has a nice spin move, Edey could be challenged. Does TKR post him? And the point guard Horne is very quick and disruptive, if he can knock Smith off his game it may cause more turnovers than usual. - How do you the match-ups? Where will we be challenged?
Truly amazing that Edey was able to put the team on his back yesterday to pull out the win. Shooting only 64% from the line and not being able to bury the three ball is often a loss. Edey saved the day.

The challenge will be coming off the high from getting to the final four. Hopefully the team is hungry and not just satisfied to be there. The rest of the players need to regain their confidence and go out and play. If they get an open look take the shot and not look to pass it off. Should that happen, I like their chances.

Last edited:
Diarra is a good defender and excellent rebounder. He is no where near thick enough to slow down Zach one on one.

I would put Burns on Edey to anchor and try to effect his positioning. Let Diarra provide help defense.

Next question is how they handle pick and roll.

Reactions: pulax78
Smith seems to follow up an ok or bad game with a great game. He had a decent game yesterday, but mostly first half, he didn't do as much second half, so I'm expecting him to come out on fire, same with all our guards.

I feel like this is going to be a repeat of the Gonzaga game. The two teams share some similarities. Shorter but quick bigs who are skilled, solid defense and good guards but they also play a shorter rotation and they also don't have an answer for Edey

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Diarra is a good defender and excellent rebounder. He is no where near thick enough to slow down Zach one on one.

I would put Burns on Edey to anchor and try to effect his positioning. Let Diarra provide help defense.

Next question is how they handle pick and roll.
Seems like Burns goes into a lot of drop coverage so if that happens, Braden should have a lot of opportunities to hit the midrange he’s so good at

Burns averages close to 3 fouls a game and hasn’t faced a guy like edey who is stronger than him. He can for sure give Zach some trouble but I think he may not know what he’s going to be up against until he has tried a few things.

I know everyone is good at this point, but smith wasn’t rattled by TSJ, Sparty guards, anyone we have faced so far in the tourney, so I think he’s going to have a big game

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT