ADVERTISEMENT

They Say "Money Talks" So Let's Talk

OCGN exploded yesterday and then even more in after hours. Bringing a vaccine to market.

that more than made up for my big losses in nakd.

Dollar cost averaging. But, I do agree with 70, in that when I take a position, I go with whatever I'm going to invest.
If it goes down 10% before your second 1/3 investment and then down another 10% before your final 1/3, yes, you've spread out the risk and you've spread that 20% loss out. But do you do the same if the stock is going up?
No.

OCGN exploded yesterday and then even more in after hours. Bringing a vaccine to market.

Yes, I saw that. I had some shares previously and held and held but gave up quite a while back. Glad to see your recoupment vis a vis NAKD

You like LMND long?
Up 82% since I bought it on Dec 3rd. It’s a current Motley Fool Stock Advisor pick.
I remember thinking it could be a pretty decent buy shortly after the IPO but lost track of it and I haven't followed it much afterward, but isn't pretty richly valued currently? I read that their controlling their gross loss ratio well with the renegotiation of their reinsurance contracts due in summer, which is quite positive. On the otherside it appears to currently exceed most target prices pretty substantially. Can you link, or explain, why it's a good buy for long? I can see why it's a very sensible hold for you, but I'm not so sure about a buy at its current level.

I remember thinking it could be a pretty decent buy shortly after the IPO but lost track of it and I haven't followed it much afterward, but isn't pretty richly valued currently? I read that their controlling their gross loss ratio well with the renegotiation of their reinsurance contracts due in summer, which is quite positive. On the otherside it appears to currently exceed most target prices pretty substantially. Can you link, or explain, why it's a good buy for long? I can see why it's a very sensible hold for you, but I'm not so sure about a buy at its current level.
Yeah a lot of their picks are considered “richly valued” by Wall Street, hence the term “Rule Breakers.”

Fool picks like NFLX, TSLA, MDB, TWIL, NVDA, and SHOP, were all “richly valued” when I bought them, but yet as a group are 10x what I paid for them. ABNB is another recent rec that I think is heading that direction.

They have misses too, but the sheer volume of 5 and 10 baggers easily outweighs those. The key that I have figured out is you have to buy all of them, so you don’t miss out on any of the home runs.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Yeah a lot of their picks are considered “richly valued” by Wall Street, hence the term “Rule Breakers.”

Fool picks like NFLX, TSLA, MDB, TWIL, NVDA, and SHOP, were all “richly valued” when I bought them, but yet as a group are 10x what I paid for them. ABNB is another recent rec that I think is heading that direction.

They have misses too, but the sheer volume of 5 and 10 baggers easily outweighs those. The key that I have figured out is you have to buy all of them, so you don’t miss out on any of the home runs.
Lol...I wasn't talking about richly valued to Wall Street but me.
Seriously, though, thanks for the explanation.

• Haha
Lol...I wasn't talking about richly valued to Wall Street but me.
Seriously, though, thanks for the explanation.
Oh, “Wall Street” was more a reference to your comment about target prices. I don’t look at those at all. In my experience, those are only pertinent to stocks you may want to sell in the next 3-5 years.

This is all only a backup plan if you get bored of printing money with your alternative energy stocks !
About a year ago when my granddaughter and I first started considering AE stocks she was touting FCEL and PLUG and bought early. I was somewhat resistant and would show her Motley Fool articles that were negative. She was successful in converting me and I bought in and have held. Her basis in FCEL was considerably lower than mine and she cashed out with a pretty good profit, although she liked PLUG better so she has retained it. Because my basis was higher the benefit to me was considerably less so I stayed. I have come close to getting out several times but didn't fortunately.

Ocugen, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCGN), a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing gene therapies to cure blindness diseases and developing a vaccine to fight COVID-19, today (2/7/21) announced that it has entered into definitive agreements with healthcare-focused institutional investors for the sale of an aggregate of 3,000,000 shares of its common stock at a purchase price of $7.65 per share in a registered direct offering. The offering is expected to close on or about February 10, 2021,

Last edited:

Ocugen, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCGN), a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing gene therapies to cure blindness diseases and developing a vaccine to fight COVID-19, today (2/7/21) announced that it has entered into definitive agreements with healthcare-focused institutional investors for the sale of an aggregate of 3,000,000 shares of its common stock at a purchase price of $7.65 per share in a registered direct offering. The offering is expected to close on or about February 10, 2021,
Hope you saw this and were in position to increase your shares. The institution purchase at that premium has certainly ignited the rocket today. Wish I wasn't fully invested this morning, and am embarrassed to not have sold some odd things upon seeing the notice.

Hope you saw this and were in position to increase your shares. The institution purchase at that premium has certainly ignited the rocket today. Wish I wasn't fully invested this morning, and am embarrassed to not have sold some odd things upon seeing the notice.

Nice call on AEZS as well

Reactions: 70boiler

I got in on OCGN at 1.71, not a massive position but pretty decent block, but yes, it's been a rocket ship the last few days. Put in a stop loss order and sold 1/2 my shares around 15. It's down to around 14 in after hours, probably profit taking. If it keeps dropping, I'll buy back in.

So, I've got some $ to deploy....what do you like right now?

I think I mentioned OZSC last week? It blew up today, 61%. I got in at .14 and it's only .37, so if you want to throw some $ at a penny stock in a hot sector of alt energy and EV, this might be a good one.

I got in on OCGN at 1.71, not a massive position but pretty decent block, but yes, it's been a rocket ship the last few days. Put in a stop loss order and sold 1/2 my shares around 15. It's down to around 14 in after hours, probably profit taking. If it keeps dropping, I'll buy back in.

So, I've got some $ to deploy....what do you like right now?

I think I mentioned OZSC last week? It blew up today, 61%. I got in at .14 and it's only .37, so if you want to throw some $ at a penny stock in a hot sector of alt energy and EV, this might be a good one.
Been looking at PLTR a bit but, as I suspect you are aware, I tend to pursue lower priced equities as jump ins. I still think that FCEL and PLUG have significant room, but will be less rapidly moving than the recent past has shown.
On true penny's, I like BSRC and HYSR, and for a crap shoot that might be one to unload if it starts to look shakey I like TSNP as the crap table choice. My guesses. I haven't seen much news that has led me to try to spread out from my current semi-comfortable choices.

Been looking at PLTR a bit but, as I suspect you are aware, I tend to pursue lower priced equities as jump ins. I still think that FCEL and PLUG have significant room, but will be less rapidly moving than the recent past has shown.
On true penny's, I like BSRC and HYSR, and for a crap shoot that might be one to unload if it starts to look shakey I like TSNP as the crap table choice. My guesses. I haven't seen much news that has led me to try to spread out from my current semi-comfortable choices.

Been watching PLTR as well.
Bought some March 19 $3 AEZS calls. Big pull back from yesterday but an interesting story. Definitely a gamble.
Also bought more HYSR at .25. My original position was at .20
I have March FCEL 21 calls. Up 165% on those. Might take that money off the table soon.

Potential dip for FCEL given an Amendment to its December, 2020 Prospectus. The amendment indicates the sale of about 1m shares at $19 pursuant to previous warrants. While this was partially built in via the earlier warrant issue, a dip today wouldn't be shocking.

Potential dip for FCEL given an Amendment to its December, 2020 Prospectus. The amendment indicates the sale of about 1m shares at $19 pursuant to previous warrants. While this was partially built in via the earlier warrant issue, a dip today wouldn't be shocking.

Got a tip from a day trading buddy on CRBP. I'm taking a shot at it with some options.

It's +19.32% after hours...wish I was with you buying

was watching SNDL for a week now but never pulled the trigger.
Weed stocks are hot right now. Might throw a few $k at a couple of penny marji stocks like ERBB, GRMH and CGRN and hope to catch a flyer.

For those wanting to get a quick buck, NOVAVAX Vacccine is prepared to kick ass according to Motley Fool. I bought less than a year ago (recommended it here) for 14.88 per and today it's after hour is 309+. I think it will go to over $400 in the not too distant future.

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
Judging by post and pre markets that i am seeing, I have accepted this is likely to be another day where I bend over and utter the famous words "Thank you, sir. May I have another?"
Hopefully, my paddling today will be gentle...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT