ADVERTISEMENT

Swanigan to visit Purdue tomorrow.....

Journal and courier reporting "My conversations with sources have not indicated that Swanigan is expected to visit Purdue today, or at all."

Here is the link to the article:http://www.jconline.com/story/natha...tball-caleb-swanigan-saga-continues/70989090/

Unfortunately I think we got played by Dakich.

Hoping Im wrong and this JC reporter just doesnt have any good contacts.

Well he's saying tonight Swanigan to Purdue if he pulled that and nothing ever surfaces.... I'm done he's a pos tool imo

i like our team next year regardless of swanigan - although no denying it would be a huge boost
i gave up on recruiting after robert vaden switched long ago, you guys should too!
(and the one time i broke my rule and followed close/got excited - tyler zeller, doh).

Last edited:
Swanigan will come to Purdue only if he decides to come here for at least 3 years. I think he will have trouble getting minutes next year. However, this will be his best option long term.

I think AJ will play more 4 and Edwards, Taylor and Smotherman will all battle it out for the rest of the 4 minutes and probably half of the 3. You have 3 returners fighting for the 90% of the 2 and half the 3. The good news is a 5th year point guard would be an idiot not to want to transfer here.

Swanigan will come to Purdue only if he decides to come here for at least 3 years. I think he will have trouble getting minutes next year. However, this will be his best option long term.

I think AJ will play more 4 and Edwards, Taylor and Smotherman will all battle it out for the rest of the 4 minutes and probably half of the 3. You have 3 returners fighting for the 90% of the 2 and half the 3. The good news is a 5th year point guard would be an idiot not to want to transfer here.

I don't think there's any way Painter doesn't start a McDonald's All-American from Day 1. Swanigan would be an immediate starter.

Reactions: burbo

You are completely full of $h!#. You will rarely see Haas and Hammons together on the floor.

If CS decides to come, he will get heavy minutes at the 4, and Edwards will slide to the 3. Hammons starts at the 5 and Haas backs him up.

Journal and courier reporting "My conversations with sources have not indicated that Swanigan is expected to visit Purdue today, or at all."

And now for the next sentence:

"However, there's also no reason to think he won't at some point."

I think this is just a journalist who actually abides by jounalistic creed and doesnt report news until it is substantiated. Sounds like the sources were completely vague. Probably gave answers like, "maybe, maybe not". And Barnes also responded to a reporter on thursday when asked about the mSU decommitment (after it had been reported) something like ....i havent heard, i dont know, i'll have to check on that.

Journalism today is such a grey area. when and what to report....gotta be tough. Not saying Caleb is coming to purdue. But i dont believe the sentence you chose from the article is representative of what is going on, or even the intent of the article itself.

AJ wants to play in the NBA. He is working hard to broaden his offensive skills by learning to dribble left and right and putting up a jump shot or drive to the basket. He will still play at the 5 with his back to the basket, but he will become more complete like Frank was last year. If you don't think he will become more complete than you have not been following his career. The biggest challenge for AJ will be moving his feet to keep up with quicker players. He plays great team d, but he realizes he must improve his man to man d.

The fact that Caleb is reconsidering shows that he is a smart young man and not wanting to do a 1 and done. He will come to Purdue just to battle AJ, who is bigger and stronger at the 4 and to battle the other 3 who have similar size and quickness. I think Caleb wants to be a better ballplayer and is not just interested in showing his skills to the NBA scouts. He wants to be a better ballplayer and I can assume a better all around person, who will study hard.

I think you are also misjudging the 3 incumbents who will work hard during the off season. These young men have a better understanding of what it takes to be better. If you think they will slack off, because an All American is coming, you are mistaken. They will work harder.

We have a very good team here and I think you have failed to realize that.

Reactions: tjreese
Not sure how long I'll be gone, last year I did this and it ended up being about 3 months or so. And right after I left, the area I worked so hard on was wiped out .. go figure :mad:

Anyway .. we may have to do carrier pigeon.... I hope at least my phone will get SOME reception at times ...

BBG, be safe and God bless.

Reactions: SNU0821
Swanigan. Dang new forum, won't let me edit the subject.
Interesting thread. I don't know what to make of Swanigan or his recruitment. If we don't get him, I hope you guys do.

To the OP (4purdue): LOL re "Swabian." We're all still getting used to this new format, but I did manage to figure out how to edit the threat title. Only the OP (or a mod) can do it. If you're the OP, you will see the words "Thread Tools" just above the initial post when you open up your thread. Cilck on those words, and you get a couple of options, one of which is "Edit Title." You can figure it out from there.

Edit: Thought I'd add that I'm a Cal alum, as my handle might confuse a few of you, given that Purdue is located in [West] Lafayette. I live in Lafayette, CA, an SF Bay Area suburb just east of Berkeley.

Interesting thread. I don't know what to make of Swanigan or his recruitment. If we don't get him, I hope you guys do.

To the OP (4purdue): LOL re "Swabian." We're all still getting used to this new format, but I did manage to figure out how to edit the threat title. Only the OP (or a mod) can do it. If you're the OP, you will see the words "Thread Tools" just above the initial post when you open up your thread. Cilck on those words, and you get a couple of options, one of which is "Edit Title." You can figure it out from there.

Edit: Thought I'd add that I'm a Cal alum, as my handle might confuse a few of you, given that Purdue is located in [West] Lafayette. I live in Lafayette, CA, an SF Bay Area suburb just east of Berkeley.
What is Cal's status with scholarships. I've heard they are out. Is that correct? With or without Swanigan, I think both Purdue and Cal are going to be high NCAA seeds next year.

Oh crap. CS will ride pine?? who in the hell thinks like that? I put the chances of that playing out at "0". And why did I even waste time responding? LOL!

What is Cal's status with scholarships. I've heard they are out. Is that correct? With or without Swanigan, I think both Purdue and Cal are going to be high NCAA seeds next year.

Cal doesn't have a scholarship currently. Cuonzo would have to pull a Crean.

Oh crap. CS will ride pine?? who in the hell thinks like that? I put the chances of that playing out at "0". And why did I even waste time responding? LOL!
Ya....lol.... That's like saying Glenn Robinson would ride the pine. CS will start and play 35 min. a game... End of story.

35 minutes. No. He will start and play as many minutes as he can but no way 35. He won't have to stamina don't they only play 32 total in high school or something like that? And not nearly as active. Plus he'll have to sit to keep him out of foul trouble. He'll start and finish games which will be most important. Everything in between will be gravy.

So, so wrong.

35 minutes. No. He will start and play as many minutes as he can but no way 35. He won't have to stamina don't they only play 32 total in high school or something like that? And not nearly as active. Plus he'll have to sit to keep him out of foul trouble. He'll start and finish games which will be most important. Everything in between will be gravy.
Lol..... He plays 2 or 3 games a day in AAU ball, which is run and gun.... He will not get tired playing 35 min. in our 1/2 court offense style. He will play as much as he wants if he comes here.

Lol..... He plays 2 or 3 games a day in AAU ball, which is run and gun.... He will not get tired playing 35 min. in our 1/2 court offense style. He will play as much as he wants if he comes here.
He's young. He can most likely do 35 mins. but nobody at Purdue plays 35 minutes/game other than here or there. Rotate, rotate.

Maybe, but we haven't had a recruit like him since Glenn, who did play 35 min.

AAU is run and gun, jog back on defense, then stand around until a guard jacks up a bad shot.... Not exactly what MP expects.

Cal doesn't have a scholarship currently. Cuonzo would have to pull a Crean.
That's not entirely true. Davon Dillard has yet to sign, and it's been rumored there's a chance he doesn't clear NCAA's clearinghouse. So there is still an open schollie.

Did Swanigan visit PU this weekend?
I kind of doubt it, I know Homesteads prom was last night. Reports from Friday were that he was not on campus. The kid has been recruited by all these schools for the last 3 years. I doubt he needs to visit any of them again, and probably knows where he wants to go. Not sure what the wait on announcing is.

CS will play a lot and I expect the others to push that much more

That's not entirely true. Davon Dillard has yet to sign, and it's been rumored there's a chance he doesn't clear NCAA's clearinghouse. So there is still an open schollie.

Well, as of right now, the scholarship is not open as it's been offered to him and he's committed to it. Cuonzo can take it away, but it's probably not going to be known in the next few days about the NCAA cleaninghouse. It's also simply a rumor, as you point out.

As of right now, Cal has no scholarships to offer.

Reactions: Cleanface
Oh my. There is a actually a story at espn.com agreeing with me and telling how deep Purdue is now that we landed the PG we needed. The writer said Purdue is top 25 possibly top 10 team and this is without CB. The author is writing this with last years AH in mind. Again the point of my post is that I think AH will enhance his game and be able to play some minutes at the 4. I would think at least 10 and possibly 15. Haas will also improve and play 25-30. This brings AH total to around 30. This means at the center and forward spots there are 25 minutes for Edwards, Smotherman and Taylor at the 4 and around 15 minutes for them at the 3 spelling Davis. Are you telling me that they won't improve?

If CS comes he will have to fight for his minutes. We have 6 good players fighting for 120 minutes. There is an adjustment playing at the College level and if CS is smart, he will want to learn and improve his game. Maybe he can come in and dominate, but I hope he has the maturity to come in and learn the game and next year when Davis and AH leave, then he can dominate and from there he has a better chance to play as an NBA All Star.

Last edited:
Oh my. There is a actually a story at espn.com agreeing with me and telling how deep Purdue is now that we landed the PG we needed. The writer said Purdue is top 25 possibly top 10 team and this is without CB. The author is writing this with last years AH in mind. Again the point of my post is that I think AH will enhance his game and be able to play some minutes at the 4. I would think at least 10 and possibly 15. Haas will also improve and play 25-30. This brings AH total to around 30. This means at the center and forward spots there are 25 minutes for Edwards, Smotherman and Taylor at the 4 and around 15 minutes for them at the 3 spelling Davis. Are you telling me that they won't improve?

If CB comes he will have to fight for his minutes. We have 6 good players fighting for 120 minutes. There is an adjustment playing at the College level and if CB is smart, he will want to learn and improve his game. Maybe he can come in and dominate, but I hope he has the maturity to come in and learn the game and next year when Davis and AH leave, then he can dominate and from there he has a better chance to play as an NBA All Star.

Have you ever seen a McDonald's All-American not start right away?

Have you ever seen a McDonald's All-American not start right away?
Mike robinson? don't remember him starting right away. I think he was our last McD

Edit: i stand corrected As A Freshman (1996-97)
Started 20 of 29 games ... first Purdue freshman to start his initial college game since Melvin McCants in 1985-86 ... three double-doubles ... scored in double-figures in five of his first six games and 17 overall ... improved his free throw percentage in Big Ten play (78.7 percent, up from 27.3 in the first 10 non-conference games) ... CBS-TV Purdue Player-of-the-Game vs. Kansas in the NCAA ... two-game NCAA averages of 13.0 points and 9.5 rebounds

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT