ADVERTISEMENT

Swanigan to visit Purdue tomorrow.....

He only has until the 20th to sign so he could commit, which would be crazy awesome.

He only has until the 20th to sign so he could commit, which would be crazy awesome.

@rickbozich: Hearing Purdue indeed the likely landing sport for 5-star recruit Caleb Swanigan. If that happens, better put Boilers in your Top 20.

All I have to say is this, and I'll only say it once, but if he commits to PU he damn well better be "committed" to this team and be ready to lay it on the line. This PU team has too much going for it, and I don't want any one and done attitudes screwing that up. I don't know where his allegiance lies, but my advice to him is go all the way, or don't go at all. If he can be a team player by doing what is best for the team then WELCOME ABOARD! I'm done on this matter LOL.

All I have to say is this, and I'll only say it once, but if he commits to PU he damn well better be "committed" to this team and be ready to lay it on the line. This PU team has too much going for it, and I don't want any one and done attitudes screwing that up. I don't know where his allegiance lies, but my advice to him is go all the way, or don't go at all. If he can be a team player by doing what is best for the team then WELCOME ABOARD! I'm done on this matter LOL.
Pit bull... You were worried JO was going to screw us up last year....lol

Reactions: gkmorris
truman.jpg

Where are those couple long time trolls that celebrated when he chose msu? Anybody think this may of been the plan all along???? String Izzo up along with that egotistical fanbase for revenge!!!!! Would be hilarious

AMEN!

agreed

He's obviously a talent but if he is going to choose Purdue, he will need to mesh well with his teammates. It's cliché, but he really would need to have a team-first mindset vs. the idea of possibly wanting to have the most touches, points, rebounds, minutes, and so forth.

I have to wonder what is causing this sudden change of heart. It seems odd, especially if he chooses Purdue after saying they weren't really in his top 3 when he committed to Michigan State. Well, at any rate, I hope he chooses Purdue. He would add another strong presence to the frontline!

Boiler Up

I just can't help but think that if he actually does end up picking purdue. Then I believe this was a pre planned assault to msu being the strong PU ties. They deserve a dish of revenge like this more than anybody with all the horse poop there pulled on purdue. I find it absolutely hilarious either way....

Nothing else makes sense if he comes here. Nothing's changed I don't buy the story that he just now is realizing he would start at the 4 here. Leaving purdue out of the top 3 and such.... If so it was absolutely brilliant

I just can't help but think that if he actually does end up picking purdue. Then I believe this was a pre planned assault to msu being the strong PU ties. They deserve a dish of revenge like this more than anybody with all the horse poop there pulled on purdue. I find it absolutely hilarious either way....

Nothing else makes sense if he comes here. Nothing's changed I don't buy the story that he just now is realizing he would start at the 4 here. Leaving purdue out of the top 3 and such.... If so it was absolutely brilliant
You know I woke up this morning and read this thread and admit, I pee'd a bit in my excitement... then I read your post and you I think might be on to something ... this is just sheer genius if so.

He better freakin announce this weekend or I may not be able to find out for a while since I'll be without the internet! AHHHH!!!!

You know I woke up this morning and read this thread and admit, I pee'd a bit in my excitement... then I read your post and you I think might be on to something ... this is just sheer genius if so.

He better freakin announce this weekend or I may not be able to find out for a while since I'll be without the internet! AHHHH!!!!
No internet, yipes culture shock. How long are you gone for? Any idea? I'm pretty good at fires and I could smoke signal you-one puff he's here, two puffs he's waiting.

No internet, yipes culture shock. How long are you gone for? Any idea? I'm pretty good at fires and I could smoke signal you-one puff he's here, two puffs he's waiting.
Not sure how long I'll be gone, last year I did this and it ended up being about 3 months or so. And right after I left, the area I worked so hard on was wiped out .. go figure :mad:

Anyway .. we may have to do carrier pigeon.... I hope at least my phone will get SOME reception at times ...

The only thing about this is, for as definitive as this statement sounds it could mean nothing. I get Dakich probably means he thinks he is coming here, but if he does not he will claim this tweet meant he isn't coming here and it's "done" because wasn't coming as in Purdue's chances of getting him are "done". He worded this cryptically to cover himself both ways. If he isn't that smart, well he got lucky.

Or it could just mean "Swanigan visiting purdue" meaning " swanigin to purdue is done " lol

Maybe he got in a fight with his girlfriend because she doesn't want him to go so far away for college...

CMP needs to be able to handle difficult personalities. A lot of top 25 type of players will bring attitudes and me first crap, but you need that talent to win. I hope he is team first, but if not, this will be a good chance for CMP to adjust and help Swanigan and the team acclimate to each other.

CMP needs to be able to handle difficult personalities. A lot of top 25 type of players will bring attitudes and me first crap, but you need that talent to win. I hope he is team first, but if not, this will be a good chance for CMP to adjust and help Swanigan and the team acclimate to each other.
Swanigan isn't me first thankfully. I've watched him play a few times and he really seems to like feeding the post yet he still ends up with his points.

However, I semi-disagree with your statement about learning how to deal with attitudes. If that attitude disrupts a team chemistry (see RJ) then it isn't worth it IMO. A little drama is expected, but when it destroys team chemistry it can be more detrimental than it is worth.

If this happens....thank MP and the staffs persistence, thank Rosie Barnes .....and most of all thank Ray Davis for being a leader and talking to Biggie.

Lot's of stuff pointing our direction...but watch out for Kentucky (The leader in all business decisions ala Anthony Davis).

I hope he signs with Purdue because it is the logical and best choice for him and his future.

1) He gets national exposure next year starting at the 4 spot possibly on a top 15 team.
2) He gets to learn from AJH and Haas.
3) He gets to practice against Taylor and Edwards at the 4 spot that can help him learn the system.
4) He can have a Ray Davis who is from the Fort mentor him in the process.

I think the one most overlooked thing in the recruitment process is the current members on the team.

It is part of their responsibility to help the coaches close some of these deals by helping with the relationships they have.

Davis is a big part of this if he comes to Purdue. (Also Cline and Weatherford are a plus)

If he does come to Purdue Taylor's minutes get cut but I think Taylor is a great team player and will do whatever he can to help Purdue win.
*Note: Plus bot Taylor and Biggie have skills to solidify the 4 spot with no drop off. (Edwards too if foul trouble)

This would be the best and deepest team at Purdue in a long while....future is bright.

Next year starting: Davis, Mathias, Edwards, Biggie, Hammons with PJ/Weatherford, Stephens/Cline, Smotherman, Taylor, Haas off the bench.

2 years starting: Mathias, Stephens, Edwards, Biggie, Haas with PJ/Weatherford, Cline, Smotherman, Taylor and Brunk/Benson/Etc.

Future is bright for sure either way...........

Boiler Up and fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Via Twitter.

As we all should know, recruiting news is not always the most reliable.

Dan Dakich immediately backtracked.

And you also have to keep in mind that a lot of people take someone else's comments and go with that as their own and say "I'm hearing…". One of the articles published on SB Nation or whatever about him coming here based it on Dakich's comments. So not like there are multiple reports on it. It's multiple reports on one person's comments.

Parent/guardian (in this case Barnes) won't sign the letter of intent. Let the kid go where he wants.

Interesting. Jeff Eisenberg tweeted this yesterday: If Tom Izzo was already tired of the challenges of big-time recruiting, I'm guessing the Swanigan saga is only adding to that.

And many other people feel Izzo is tired of dealing with it and are worried it will cause him to retire (ala Gary Williams).

Swanigan isn't me first thankfully. I've watched him play a few times and he really seems to like feeding the post yet he still ends up with his points.
I can't remember where I read it, think an Indy Star article, but he talked about how he loved playing with the other big guy on the HS team, I can't remember his name, Batt I think. He talked about how he loved having another big guy on the floor to dish too and open things up for him. I'll try to find the article.

EDIT
So as expected I was fusing things together but there is this

""I want another big that can rebound and I can throw it to – kind of like I have with Dana (Batt)," Swanigan said of his 6-9 teammate, Dana Batt. "Sometimes, Dana looks like a five and sometimes I look like a five. You never know. It doesn't matter. You have to show you can play everywhere on the floor. I don't want to be pigeon-holed where I have to do all the rebounding and all the dirty work.""
http://www.jconline.com/story/sport...ketball-appealing-to-caleb-swanigan/24764743/

and
""He gets as much satisfaction out of the assist as he does getting the bucket himself," said 6-9 senior Dana Batt, a Colgate commit who goes against Swanigan every day in practice. "If he gets it on the block, he's telling you to cut and get to the basket. He's looking for you.""
http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ed-mr-basketball-candidate-for-2015/16190519/

So he definitely seems like he wants to be a 4 and play with other bigs. As everyone has been saying.

Parent/guardian (in this case Barnes) won't sign the letter of intent. Let the kid go where he wants.
Information on the Premium board indicates that Barnes signed the LOI after MSU was announced, but Swanigan never signed it and sent it back in.

ADVERTISEMENT