ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal (?)

*ahem*

WE WILL KNOW MORE TOMORROW!!!! :D

You had to come back, huh? Damn you......

speedball-planet-apes.gif

First. Nobody is talking about red shirts! If a player redshirts, he is still counted towards scholarships.

Second. I have personal experience/knowledge a player could use a full academic scholarship instead of using an athletic scholarship. In that manner, the player receives a scholarship and it frees up an athletic scholarship. Last month it was posted here that 10 of our players made the all academic BIG 10. I have to believe one of those 10 players could be eligible to receive an academic scholarship. If the athlete receives an academic scholarship, everything is solved. My son was a walk-on for track and received an academic scholarship for 4 years and an athletic scholarship for one year. His college was able to use his athletic scholarship for a different athlete.

Third, athletes are allowed to make their own NIL deals. Edey made a bunch of his own NIL deals. So a walkon can make his own NIL deal. And if Purdue has any intelligence they could use NIL as a substitute for a scholarship.

Forth, before Painter signed Harris, he said publicly it wouldn’t be an issue. So he either made a deal with Harris and his parents, or he already had something else already in place to handle to extra scholarship!

And 5th, I was in Carterville this weekend. So SI boiler, go get on your lawn tractor and mow your yard! I know a lot more than you do! Let’s see you offer an original thought rather than constantly bad mouth others! Go Ohio St

How do you know if he doesn’t have the credits to graduate now? I mean these kids are basically on campus all year so if he was doing classes all summer, not out of the realm of possibility.

I have no knowledge if he does, but Luke Goode is the same class as him and Goode did senior night at Illinois because he had the credits to graduate.
I mean no disrespect with my comments towards anyone here. I don't have any idea if Furst has enough credits to graduate or not....none whatsoever. I only speak from personal experience from myself and my son who both attended Purdue. I graduated in 4 years and went on to become a doctor. My son got into school after 3 years at Purdue but did not have enough credits to earn a degree. He was accepted early because he never made less than an A his entire life and completed all the prerequisite classes. Getting into medical school, dental school, vet school is VERY competitive. You don't get accepted into these professions unless your GPA approaches 3.8-4.0. It would only be a GUESS that after 3 years he does not have enough credits for a degree, but I cannot be certain of that. He is not majoring in anything easy. He will be required to take and excel in upper level biology, chemistry and physics. No easy task while playing for the second best team in the nation. I wish him well. His Purdue education will be a feather in his cap during his application process. I have no idea what Luke Goode is majoring in, but if he is not pre med like Furst, it would be much easier to graduate early. Just my opinion based on experience. I always appreciate reading your posts about Purdue bball, you seem to have a good grasp of things.

Last edited:
I mean no disrespect with my comments towards anyone here. I don't have any idea if Furst has enough credits to graduate or not....none whatsoever. I only speak from personal experience from myself and my son who both attended Purdue. I graduated in 4 years and went on to become a doctor. My son got into school after 3 years at Purdue but did not have enough credits to earn a degree. He was accepted early because he never made less than an A his entire life and completed all the prerequisite classes. Getting into medical school, dental school, vet school is VERY competitive. You don't get accepted into these professions unless your GPA approaches 3.8-4.0. It would only be a GUESS that after 3 years he does not have enough credits for a degree, but I cannot be certain of that. He is not majoring in anything easy. He will be required to take and excel in upper level biology, chemistry and physics. No easy task while playing for the second best team in the nation. I wish him well. His Purdue education will be a feather in his cap during his application process. I have no idea what Luke Goode is majoring in, but if he is not pre med like Furst, it would be much easier to graduate early. Just my opinion based on experience. I always appreciate reading your posts about Purdue bball, you seem to have a good grasp of things.
Goode graduated from the business school

First. Nobody is talking about red shirts! If a player redshirts, he is still counted towards scholarships.

Second. I have personal experience/knowledge a player could use a full academic scholarship instead of using an athletic scholarship. In that manner, the player receives a scholarship and it frees up an athletic scholarship. Last month it was posted here that 10 of our players made the all academic BIG 10. I have to believe one of those 10 players could be eligible to receive an academic scholarship. If the athlete receives an academic scholarship, everything is solved. My son was a walk-on for track and received an academic scholarship for 4 years and an athletic scholarship for one year. His college was able to use his athletic scholarship for a different athlete.

Third, athletes are allowed to make their own NIL deals. Edey made a bunch of his own NIL deals. So a walkon can make his own NIL deal. And if Purdue has any intelligence they could use NIL as a substitute for a scholarship.

Forth, before Painter signed Harris, he said publicly it wouldn’t be an issue. So he either made a deal with Harris and his parents, or he already had something else already in place to handle to extra scholarship!

And 5th, I was in Carterville this weekend. So SI boiler, go get on your lawn tractor and mow your yard! I know a lot more than you do! Let’s see you offer an original thought rather than constantly bad mouth others! Go Ohio St
Wole, to your 2nd point. Are you sure that's within the rules? Basketball and Football are head count sports. I thought I read somewhere that you can only have 13 scholarship players for basketball regardless of the funding source for said scholarship. I could be wrong so maybe you or someone else can confirm?

No I don’t believe you missed anything. I personally don’t see why that couldn’t be done but have no actual knowledge about the rules. After a brief google search it appears like it may be possible if someone is willing to offer a walk on a NIL deal
I believe walk ons received NIL this year. Check the NIL store. If you see a walk on's image, they received NIL $$.

Did you call the cops on any golfers? Oh, I guess with covid over there's less need for Karens in Carterville.

Your 2nd point is false. The NCAA doesn't allow it. If your statement was true, Purdue's scholarship dilemma would be solved. 10 players were Academic All-B1G. Purdue could justify putting all on academic scholarships and recruit even more players with the freed up athletic scholarships.

Appreciate the info - I was thinking maybe Waddell, Berg (and maybe someone else either decommits or transfers).
You mean you are hoping that Waddell, Berg (and maybe someone else) leaves.
Loyer is useless in every way. He’s D2 talent at best. Doesn’t do anything well, it gets exposed without Edey.
He was more valuable to this team with Zach, even as an underclassman.
Things will change, but he'll be an upperclassman next year.
That tends to make a difference. ;)
You're (lack of) talent evaluation has your opinion sketchy. At best.

Reactions: BBG
I suspect 3) is not relayed to Waddell but Big's comments about Harris using Big Dog's $$$ to pay for school to free up a scholly. Don't see it. Lots of other programs would offer him in a minute before Dad paid for Purdue. Mostly, just Big's talking to himself, as usual.
Yeah, I mean I don't think Deion Sanders is paying for his kids even though he could and he reinvented the portal in football. Some people might do it but it will be the exception and not the rule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT