ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue departed for Phoenix this afternoon.

TMA62

Junior
Nov 3, 2001
Were all the teams supposed to report to Phoenix tomorrow morning? (I thought that they would travel either tomorrow or Thursday at the latest)

Hopefully they get three days of putting up shots in that NFL stadium to acclimate.

If we shoot our percentage from three, we win by double figures. If we go ice cold again, it's going to be a lot tougher.

Hopefully they get three days of putting up shots in that NFL stadium to acclimate.

If we shoot our percentage from three, we win by double figures. If we go ice cold again, it's going to be a lot tougher.

Well unless both teams go ice cold, us going ice cold is an extremely high probability of an exit. As it took a 40 pt game to save us last time. So would take that again (doubtful ) or a monster game by TKR and Edey both.

Well unless both teams go ice cold, us going ice cold is an extremely high probability of an exit. As it took a 40 pt game to save us last time. So would take that again (doubtful ) or a monster game by TKR and Edey both.
Was Tennessee's defense a factor in our cold shooting for 3's?

I dont know. Seemed like a lot of good looks to me.
Likely, this was an 'off' game for them.

They have almost an entire week to get ready for the next game and need to bring their "A" game. If they have another game of cold shooting it will likely send them home.

Zach and TKR should do well in that big place vs the pack, if the outside shooting goes cold , do what other good teams do and drive it to the basket, Smith vs Horne will be big

I dont know. Seemed like a lot of good looks to me.
Purdue needs to hit one of their first three or four three pointers. They had a number of wide open early shots. If they miss their first three or four I’m afraid the yips will kick in.

Reactions: bonefish1
NC State has been on fire. But I also don’t think they’ve been defended extremely well. From what I’ve seen Oakland and Duke were poor in coverage leaving NC State with great looks. Of course, they did their job and made them pay. I haven’t thought we’ve played great defense this year - but we’ve really stepped it up in the tourney. Hopefully, our defense will affect their shooting percentages. Can’t let them get the wide open looks they’ve been getting.

Does anyone know the team hotel location? I love the Family atmosphere of the Pep Rally sendoff before boarding the team busses headed to the Stadium and would like to attend.

Purdue needs to hit one of their first three or four three pointers. They had a number of wide open early shots. If they miss their first three or four I’m afraid the yips will kick in.

A couple of us have joked about this - it's the Reverse Chally Principle, especially for Gillis and Loyer.

For context, back when Nemanja Calasan ("Chally" as Cliz called him) was getting minutes more than a decade ago, if he made his first three-pointer, he seemed to have a green light and would just shoot them at will - make or miss (often miss) at least for the first half - "LET IT RAIN!" If he missed, he was much more judicious. So, it was......please miss it, Chally. :)

When Loyer or Gillis make their first (certainly first two), they seem to be on fire the whole game - or so the theory goes......

I still have stomach quivers from the Silver Dome. Those rims were just orange rings in the middle of nothingness.

A couple of us have joked about this - it's the Reverse Chally Principle, especially for Gillis and Loyer.

For context, back when Nemanja Calasan ("Chally" as Cliz called him) was getting minutes more than a decade ago, if he made his first three-pointer, he seemed to have a green light and would just shoot them at will - make or miss (often miss) at least for the first half - "LET IT RAIN!" If he missed, he was much more judicious. So, it was......please miss it, Chally. :)

When Loyer or Gillis make their first (certainly first two), they seem to be on fire the whole game - or so the theory goes......
I remember being at those games and loving and hating when he shot. But he was fun and got the most out of his abilities down low as well.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
our guys have to get over that , if you miss your first 3 then become timid. I watched the Bama - Clemson game and Sears started 0-6 and then caught on fire, also Girard had a bad 1st half but warmed up in the 2nd . Scheirman is another guy that can light it up quickly, can't have timid shooters

our guys have to get over that , if you miss your first 3 then become timid. I watched the Bama - Clemson game and Sears started 0-6 and then caught on fire, also Girard had a bad 1st half but warmed up in the 2nd . Scheirman is another guy that can light it up quickly, can't have timid shooters
The only one I've seen any semblance of hesitation from this year is Gillis a few times. I'm not remotely concerned this is an issue.

The only one I've seen any semblance of hesitation from this year is Gillis a few times. I'm not remotely concerned this is an issue.
the last 9 mins vs Tenn had similarities to fdu last year, Smith, Gillis, Fletch had numerous shots but didn't pull the trigger, it was all in to passing it in to Zach and this year he bailed us out

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
the last 9 mins vs Tenn had similarities to fdu last year, Smith, Gillis, Fletch had numerous shots but didn't pull the trigger, it was all in to passing it in to Zach and this year he bailed us out
I've watched the game twice and have no idea what you are talking about. Running offense and passing up good shots for great shots isn't timidity, it's smart.

The only guy who is an unconscious shooter is Jones. He doesn’t GAF.
Gillis and Fletch start second guessing, pump faking, wondering if they should feed the post instead of launching the open 3.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
NC ST left today. Interesting to see if that extra day benefits Purdue.

Don't I know it. I had Gillis for 2+ 3s. Needed one more assist from Braden too which probably would have come on them.
How do you feel about the game Saturday? Do we cover? Under or over?

I took the cover and the under.

There's just a ton of money from the public flowing towards NCST, but that's mostly wish casting slash hoping for a bigger payout.

Yep. What is weird is, on FanDuel, 78% of the money is on NC State but the spread hasn't budged off the 9.5 that it opened at.

@Chi-Boiler, what does that mean the bookmakers think will happen?
Our number came down to 9 this morning and 8.5 presently. I don't know if it means that the bookmakers think anything specific will happen, but if the money is coming in on NC St, they need to move so they get more on Purdue. Thus, it comes down.

There's just a ton of money from the public flowing towards NCST, but that's mostly wish casting slash hoping for a bigger payout.
I think a lot of people feel like they are Hot and on a streak and we didn’t play a good game across the board missing our threes. I think the narrative again has gone to the gonna get challenged by a double digit seed again even though it is in the final four. I’ve heard some guys yapping about Burns getting the better of the battle of the bigs. With all that I agree it’s folks looking for a bigger payout along with continued skepticism about Purdue.

The only guy who is an unconscious shooter is Jones. He doesn’t GAF.
Gillis and Fletch start second guessing, pump faking, wondering if they should feed the post instead of launching the open 3.
I thought Gillis's stroke looked good - they just didn't fall.

Our number came down to 9 this morning and 8.5 presently. I don't know if it means that the bookmakers think anything specific will happen, but if the money is coming in on NC St, they need to move so they get more on Purdue. Thus, it comes down.
That's what I hoped would happen. I've been waiting for the spread to come down to put money on Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT