ADVERTISEMENT

Someone explain this to me.....

Why don’t lefties, Livs and Dems call on Hamas to release the hostages and surrender?
That’s a serious question.
They all want Israel to cease fire but they’re not asking for anything in return from Hamas.
Why not?
Come on resident Lefties, Libs and Dems….stand up, let your voices be heard. We know you all support Palestine, so why don’t you state it here that Hamas should surrender and release all the hostages?
That’s the guaranteed way to get Israel to stop flattening Gaza.

Come on resident Lefties, Libs and Dems….stand up, let your voices be heard. We know you all support Palestine, so why don’t you state it here that Hamas should surrender and release all the hostages?
That’s the guaranteed way to get Israel to stop flattening Gaza.
Of course Hamas should surrender and release the hostages.

Reactions: GregJM24
U.S. citizens probably commit crimes at a higher rate than undocumented residents. Most of the drugs that cross our border are not being carried by undocumented people but are crossing at regular ports of entry.

• Angry
Reactions: SKYDOG
Lol. Hamas lives among people who try to kill them everyday but they were scared to act because of trump.

Believe it or not ace, billions of people and governments all over the world do what they’re gonna do every day and don’t give a flying fck about trump or Biden.
That is not how it works, Bagram Bob.

Hamas is controlled by Iran. Iran was afraid of Trump, especially after he removed their iconic monster Gen. Soleimani from the planet.

Iran has no fear of Joe Crow, especially after his incompetent and deadly withdrawal from Afg. Thus, Hamas had the green light to attack Israel because Iran has no fear of Biden.

Spoken like a true limp twisted Libby…..
It’s called Peace through strength.
Trump drew a line and nobody dared cross it. Name someone who did.
Now, let’s compare the multiple geopolitical conflicts that have taken place under Biden? Weird coincidence? C’mon Bob, you know nobody, including the US people respect Biden.
Bob is a dumbass, proves it over and over. He doesn't understand cause and effect or unintended consequences which Democrats are famous for.

I'm not on here enough to follow things, but if we don't know how many drugs are snuck across the border, how do we know that most or even the same type of drugs are at regular ports of entry. If you were sneaking drugs across wouldn't you want some deception...some distraction...some insignificant loss for a greater gain?

Did I miss the sampling scheme to determine that US citizens "probably" commit crimes (is this by category of crimes) than those we have no record such as illegals and is that due to the extensive background on the illegals to catch them which tells us that if they were doing it...we would catch them. Hard to follow things if not spending a lot of time here to understand the background of various posts

Reactions: Boilermaker03
I'm not on here enough to follow things, but if we don't know how many drugs are snuck across the border, how do we know that most or even the same type of drugs are at regular ports of entry. If you were sneaking drugs across wouldn't you want some deception...some distraction...some insignificant loss for a greater gain?

Did I miss the sampling scheme to determine that US citizens "probably" commit crimes (is this by category of crimes) than those we have no record such as illegals and is that due to the extensive background on the illegals to catch them which tells us that if they were doing it...we would catch them. Hard to follow things if not spending a lot of time here to understand the background of various posts
What everyone misses is illegals are commiting a crime by being here per the laws of the United States. I know it is hard for D's to follow from point A to point B. So 100 percent of illegals that are here are criminals. Then what percentage of them commit an additional crime that are caught and what percentage commit an additional crime and go back to Mexico without being caught? Until you know those numbers I will stick with 100 percent of illegals are criminals.

What everyone misses is illegals are commiting a crime by being here per the laws of the United States. I know it is hard for D's to follow from point A to point B. So 100 percent of illegals that are here are criminals. Then what percentage of them commit an additional crime that are caught and what percentage commit an additional crime and go back to Mexico without being caught? Until you know those numbers I will stick with 100 percent of illegals are criminals.
But the lefties, libs and dems will say that 100% of those crossing the border illegally are doing so seeking asylum. Therefore, the immigration laws don't apply and technically, they're not 'illegal immigrants'.
That's how the mental disease of liberalism works.

But the lefties, libs and dems will say that 100% of those crossing the border illegally are doing so seeking asylum. Therefore, the immigration laws don't apply and technically, they're not 'illegal immigrants'.
That's why remain in Mexico by Trump was such a great policy. One of many slow Joe, the D's and George Soros undid once Joe took office.

over 175 countries and mostly military age men is what has been stated. Does that sound like they are seeking asylum?

That's why remain in Mexico by Trump was such a great policy. One of many slow Joe, the D's and George Soros undid once Joe took office.
Don't believe that the problems from the open border are NOT desired for a second. It is exactly the desired consequence sought

Reactions: Joetboiler
Don't believe that the problems from the open border are NOT desired for a second. It is exactly the desired consequence sought
Why do you think democrats want to ruin people’s lives? Sex trafficking, crime, drug deaths, homelessness in the cities, reckless spending on most everything are on the Democrats. Can you imagine if you had a home on the border what you have to endure daily?

Why do you think democrats want to ruin people’s lives? Sex trafficking, crime, drug deaths, homelessness in the cities, reckless spending on most everything are on the Democrats. Can you imagine if you had a home on the border what you have to endure daily?
They don’t. Neither do republicans. Each wants policies that reflect their beliefs and values.

The difference at this point in time is that weak minded morons like you and TJ……..actually most all of you here……..have succumbed to the endless gaslighting and rhetoric that says it’s not a difference of opinion on the issues. It’s that one side is diseased, they hate America, and they are fundamentally evil. Makes things easier for you because you don’t have to actually look at facts or take time to consider why the other side feels the way they they do……….let alone engage in dialogue or compromise to solve problems. Your world is that of ten word answers to complex questions……..that always includes sec trafficking, drug deaths and crime. Oh and the dems are destroying our country.

You don’t just say the dems are ruining people’s lives. You say they WANT to. That’s ludicrous , narrow minded, and shows a complete lack of serious thought. But its sure easy to believe if you don’t think for yourself.

They don’t. Neither do republicans. Each wants policies that reflect their beliefs and values.

The difference at this point in time is that weak minded morons like you and TJ……..actually most all of you here……..have succumbed to the endless gaslighting and rhetoric that says it’s not a difference of opinion on the issues. It’s that one side is diseased, they hate America, and they are fundamentally evil. Makes things easier for you because you don’t have to actually look at facts or take time to consider why the other side feels the way they they do……….let alone engage in dialogue or compromise to solve problems. Your world is that of ten word answers to complex questions……..that always includes sec trafficking, drug deaths and crime. Oh and the dems are destroying our country.

You don’t just say the dems are ruining people’s lives. You say they WANT to. That’s ludicrous , narrow minded, and shows a complete lack of serious thought. But its sure easy to believe if you don’t think for yourself.
So tell us Bob, what is the reason the dems won't close the southern border?
We didn't have this problem when Trump was in office, why do we have it with Biden?

So tell us Bob, what is the reason the dems won't close the southern border?
We didn't have this problem when Trump was in office, why do we have it with Biden?
Despite your obsession with labeling me as one because I’m not MAGA, I’m not a dem and won’t speak for any of them.

As a guess, because I try to look at them as people who have beliefs and not as people afflicted with some nonexistent disease, I think they believe that less advantaged people that want to come to this country to make a better life for themselves and their families should be welcomed and encouraged…….because we are all immigrants or dependents of one. But like republicans, they go too far when it comes to implementing their policies. Government is inefficient and bloated. No one keeps their eye on the ball.

We had illegal immigration when trump was in office, but not to this degree. We had a huge fentanyl problem and human trafficking. I guess they were at “acceptable” levels because you and yours weren’t screaming about it.

Apparently trump doesn’t want any legal immigration as he constantly refers to those coming over the border as rapists, animals (not people), gang members, infestations, mentally insane, terrorists.
They are “poisoning the blood” of our country. He said that about undocumented immigrants. Do the documented ones have a different blood? Of course not. He’s saying that about ALL immigrants coming across the southern border. All of them are poisoning our blood. He doesn’t want any of them here, just like you…….unless they are content to cut your grass and clean your house.

These Democrats must want to ruin people’s lives since they are and do nothing to stop it. Good thing you don’t live or have a business on the southern border. You and your family would be terrified every day. No one is going to buy your property or business at a fair price. Police aren’t going to protect you as they are already overwhelmed. You refuse to acknowledge how bad things are for many.

These Democrats must want to ruin people’s lives since they are and do nothing to stop it. Good thing you don’t live or have a business on the southern border. You and your family would be terrified every day. No one is going to buy your property or business at a fair price. Police aren’t going to protect you as they are already overwhelmed. You refuse to acknowledge how bad things are for many.
Why do you keep saying the democrats did nothing. Nothing was done when the repubs had total control of the government. Then recently there was a no-partisan but conservative leaning bill in congress, ready to signed by Biden. Then the Chump literally told the repubs not to go through with it.

Is that the depth of your reasoning?
Are the people living in the border terrified everyday? Really? If you moved there you knew you were going to live with illegal immigration every day. It may be worse now but illegals crossing the border has always been a way of life there. If your family has been there forever then you’re used to dealing with it. AGAIN, the DEGREE may be more but these residents are used to illegal crossings. All you’re doing is, like everything else you spout, is painting everything is the worst possible terms, whether it be crime or drugs or trafficking……..because you hear trump blast away every time he opens his mouth.

The dems, and some pubs, tried to change the LAW and do something to STOP it, albeit pretty damn late. The pubs said no because trump said NO. He wants to keep the problem so he can keep feeding you red meat until the election. By your logic, trump WANTS TO RUIN PEOPLE’S LIVES too. Right?

Reactions: BNIBoiler
Why do you keep saying the democrats did nothing. Nothing was done when the repubs had total control of the government. Then recently there was a no-partisan but conservative leaning bill in congress, ready to signed by Biden. Then the Chump literally told the repubs not to go through with it.
we had no where near the illegal immigrant problem during Trump as we do with Biden.
Why? Because Biden is soft on illegal immigration.
Trump was building a wall, Biden stopped it. Why?

Despite your obsession with labeling me as one because I’m not MAGA, I’m not a dem and won’t speak for any of them.

As a guess, because I try to look at them as people who have beliefs and not as people afflicted with some nonexistent disease, I think they believe that less advantaged people that want to come to this country to make a better life for themselves and their families should be welcomed and encouraged…….because we are all immigrants or dependents of one. But like republicans, they go too far when it comes to implementing their policies. Government is inefficient and bloated. No one keeps their eye on the ball.

We had illegal immigration when trump was in office, but not to this degree. We had a huge fentanyl problem and human trafficking. I guess they were at “acceptable” levels because you and yours weren’t screaming about it.

Apparently trump doesn’t want any legal immigration as he constantly refers to those coming over the border as rapists, animals (not people), gang members, infestations, mentally insane, terrorists.
They are “poisoning the blood” of our country. He said that about undocumented immigrants. Do the documented ones have a different blood? Of course not. He’s saying that about ALL immigrants coming across the southern border. All of them are poisoning our blood. He doesn’t want any of them here, just like you…….unless they are content to cut your grass and clean your house.
So, pretty much as I thought, you're a bleeding heart liberal.
I mean, yeh, I understand why they want to come to this country. But there is a process to become a legal immigrant and swimming across a river and coming over illegally aint it.
It sounds to me like you're in favor of open borders? Anyone can come in if they're poor and would like to get a job here?

I mean, yeh, I understand why they want to come to this country. But there is a process to become a legal immigrant and swimming across a river and coming over illegally aint it.
It sounds to me like you're in favor of open borders? Anyone can come in if they're poor and would like to get a job here?
When your first act when you come to a country is illegal that country shouldn't reward you for it. D's neither understand or agree with this. They don't understand that the world is not fair and is never going to be.

we had no where near the illegal immigrant problem during Trump as we do with Biden.
Trump was building the wall with the money Pelosi and the dem congress gave him. Prior to this, the GOP controlled congress AND senate didn’t allocate crap for a wall when they had the chance.

I don’t know how many are following the impeachment of Mayorkas but the Democrats, in the Senate, won't take up the House request because they claim a policy difference is not reason for impeachment.
I guess a disregard for the law is now Democratic policy.
In defense of Mayorkas, he is just following orders and the Democrats absolutely don’t want this information exposed in a Senate trial!

Because the bill had little to due with closing the border. It was mostly pork as are most bills today.

Reactions: BoilerJS
Trump was building the wall with the money Pelosi and the dem congress gave him. Prior to this, the GOP controlled congress AND senate didn’t allocate crap for a wall when they had the chance.
Biden took some of the money and built a border fence around his beach house in Delaware.

Because the bill had little to due with closing the border. It was mostly pork as are most bills today.
The bill took a future POTUS rights to close the border and also passed increased then number of travel agents er border agents.

If you study the history and here is a good book

https://www.amazon.com/Conflict-Visions-Ideological-Political-Struggles/dp/0465002056/ref=sr_1_1?crid=BGJTB2WR7E2I&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.k2KxyVHpxEOmJ7XA1VDwZwO5nQAw7ztYfO9baNknFpJqRhWJv-fAOdIxceWdKYigZyJU5v-J3SiYcJpSx_jltIMWg8vFnv9qLFPh-tZL_ReXX1kONwKSkwHDzdix4OZ4PwfJ-EG_h7pnc2rWB0-oMNuCqNAlfpj0SZSTiKMe5bCKzhmKySKwh0Aehzaze8zuD3W9ycnwEs1i2eZxMZ5cOK2lqdc9zP5W-jD33d4PSwo.KI8gus6uM65tRqok3lp7EUD7Kze49anKaIW63dIGosA&dib_tag=se&keywords=a+conflict+of+visions+thomas+sowell&qid=1713569232&sprefix=a+conflict+,aps,153&sr=8-1

You will find a fundamental difference in how one side seeks to attack something and how the other side does it much different. Inside the book you will find a constrained view and an unconstrained view that has existed for hundreds of years. Now, you and I will have a lean where we are one or the other on most things, but will share the other approach sometimes on somethings. I believe the constrained and unconstrained views until the last few years shared more of the unconstrained view in "science"...quite possibly due to many shying away and having insufficient backgrounds in some science areas. Read the reviews as they are pretty good.

In his Social Justice Fallacies book he makes a very powerful and yet simple statement of which I'll get very close. Everyone has islands of knowledge and some islands are larger than others, but all are dwarfed by the sea.

That statement is fundamental to the constrained view in A Conflict of Visions. Relative to that ONLY, because there are other differences is the unconstrained view where if you only get the right leader (remember the larger island?) to lead the charge, things would be better...and whatever needs to happen to make the event happen is okay. His book will list historic figures and how they would side...AND if you will see the reviews, many found Thomas very fair.

The dems want total control. You can see it in all their actions and their larger island of knowledge in their mind believes that they are in a much better position to know exactly what needs to happen so they need to make those decisions as the larger island fully unaware their island is dwarfed by the sea of understanding... and so much they don't understand. You see, there are things we know and there are things we know we don't know, but it is always those things we don't know (the sea) that we don't know that always comes back and bites us.

We are not witnessing pockets of stupidity, but steps taken to ultimately meet their goal as has been done in history at times without being hindered by inconsequential fatalities in their eyes. I'm fascinated by the Medici family...the fathers of the Renaissance in Europe. I've spent two weeks in Florence and will soon go for another week. Their rise to power started as bankers with Giovanni (1300s+) leading the way. He had a saying that sometimes you have to do a little bad for a greater good. Perhaps that is what is believed? Giovanni's son, Cosimo De Medici took over for Giovanni upon his death to head the banks, but his love for arts he commissioned Filippo Brunelleschi to finish the dome of the duomo in Florence that Giovani never thought would happen. Brunelleschi had studied the Pantheon in Rome for years and employed the same approach to finishing the dome in the duomo in Florence. Cosimo's grandson Lorenzo the Magnificant had that internal struggle at different times between-sometimes you have to do a little bad for a greater good and his mother that said to do good, you need to be good.

Quite simply (and there are other things in play such as corruption for some and that has a few on the other side as well) the dems today believe it is their destiny to do whatever is necessary to accomplish their goals. It is why you see them trying the same failures again as retreads in hope that a different leader will now bring the success they believe will happen with the right leader.

The Repubs are well aware of the sea dwarfing the all islands and prefer more of an evolutionary route than a revolutionary route. I can't begin to present all the book conveys, but suggest it as good reading. I think the Medici in Netflix is GREAT, but there is a little embellishment in the series in what is otherwise pretty accurate. The movie has everything...

https://www.amazon.com/Conflict-Visions-Ideological-Political-Struggles/dp/0465002056/ref=sr_1_1?crid=BGJTB2WR7E2I&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.k2KxyVHpxEOmJ7XA1VDwZwO5nQAw7ztYfO9baNknFpJqRhWJv-fAOdIxceWdKYigZyJU5v-J3SiYcJpSx_jltIMWg8vFnv9qLFPh-tZL_ReXX1kONwKSkwHDzdix4OZ4PwfJ-EG_h7pnc2rWB0-oMNuCqNAlfpj0SZSTiKMe5bCKzhmKySKwh0Aehzaze8zuD3W9ycnwEs1i2eZxMZ5cOK2lqdc9zP5W-jD33d4PSwo.KI8gus6uM65tRqok3lp7EUD7Kze49anKaIW63dIGosA&dib_tag=se&keywords=a+conflict+of+visions+thomas+sowell&qid=1713569232&sprefix=a+conflict+,aps,153&sr=8-1

You will find a fundamental difference in how one side seeks to attack something and how the other side does it much different. Inside the book you will find a constrained view and an unconstrained view that has existed for hundreds of years. Now, you and I will have a lean where we are one or the other on most things, but will share the other approach sometimes on somethings. I believe the constrained and unconstrained views until the last few years shared more of the unconstrained view in "science"...quite possibly due to many shying away and having insufficient backgrounds in some science areas. Read the reviews as they are pretty good.

In his Social Justice Fallacies book he makes a very powerful and yet simple statement of which I'll get very close. Everyone has islands of knowledge and some islands are larger than others, but all are dwarfed by the sea.

That statement is fundamental to the constrained view in A Conflict of Visions. Relative to that ONLY, because there are other differences is the unconstrained view where if you only get the right leader (remember the larger island?) to lead the charge, things would be better...and whatever needs to happen to make the event happen is okay. His book will list historic figures and how they would side...AND if you will see the reviews, many found Thomas very fair.

The dems want total control. You can see it in all their actions and their larger island of knowledge in their mind believes that they are in a much better position to know exactly what needs to happen so they need to make those decisions as the larger island fully unaware their island is dwarfed by the sea of understanding... and so much they don't understand. You see, there are things we know and there are things we know we don't know, but it is always those things we don't know (the sea) that we don't know that always comes back and bites us.

We are not witnessing pockets of stupidity, but steps taken to ultimately meet their goal as has been done in history at times without being hindered by inconsequential fatalities in their eyes. I'm fascinated by the Medici family...the fathers of the Renaissance in Europe. I've spent two weeks in Florence and will soon go for another week. Their rise to power started as bankers with Giovanni (1300s+) leading the way. He had a saying that sometimes you have to do a little bad for a greater good. Perhaps that is what is believed? Giovanni's son, Cosimo De Medici took over for Giovanni upon his death to head the banks, but his love for arts he commissioned Filippo Brunelleschi to finish the dome of the duomo in Florence that Giovani never thought would happen. Brunelleschi had studied the Pantheon in Rome for years and employed the same approach to finishing the dome in the duomo in Florence. Cosimo's grandson Lorenzo the Magnificant had that internal struggle at different times between-sometimes you have to do a little bad for a greater good and his mother that said to do good, you need to be good.

Quite simply (and there are other things in play such as corruption for some and that has a few on the other side as well) the dems today believe it is their destiny to do whatever is necessary to accomplish their goals. It is why you see them trying the same failures again as retreads in hope that a different leader will now bring the success they believe will happen with the right leader.

The Repubs are well aware of the sea dwarfing the all islands and prefer more of an evolutionary route than a revolutionary route. I can't begin to present all the book conveys, but suggest it as good reading. I think the Medici in Netflix is GREAT, but there is a little embellishment in the series in what is otherwise pretty accurate. The movie has everything...

Here is Thomas talking about the difference between the French and American revolution which shows again the difference in visions..

Last edited:

Very informative posts that you presented. I never thought about it in this way. Very much appreciated the time and effort on your reply.

Reactions: tjreese
Name the pork. Dude, the bill was co-authored by republicans that would have put back some of what Biden took away. We can argue all day on whether or not that bill would have been good or not, but don't you think it's a bit much for a presidential candidate to tell members of his party to not go through with a bill that was close to being finalized? Y'all cannot tell that is not cultist behavior.

Your reading skills suck. You asked for reason and I gave you my interpretation. Your response is to then accuse me of holding those views. Stop asking me questions if you have no interest in the reply. You claim liberalism is a disease despite apparently being an educated person. You think no differently than the MAGA hayseeds. Purdue should refund your tuition.

Actually very little funding came from Congress. Trump diverted money from other areas, mostly from the military.

Actually very little funding came from Congress. Trump diverted money from other areas, mostly from the military.
You are correct. I thought I mentioned that in one of the many discussions about this. I think congress only allocated something like $4.5 Billion or what ever it was. I think the full amount needed to fund the total wall project was somewhere north of $20 Billion. The point I was trying to make was that when the repubs had total control of the government in 2017, they actually did not allocate crap for a wall. I found that to be odd since they are the ones that are bullish in having a wall built.

Name the pork. Dude, the bill was co-authored by republicans that would have put back some of what Biden took away. We can argue all day on whether or not that bill would have been good or not, but don't you think it's a bit much for a presidential candidate to tell members of his party to not go through with a bill that was close to being finalized? Y'all cannot tell that is not cultist behavior.
Very little in the bill to close the border. People in their right mind wouldn’t vote for this.

Very little in the bill to close the border. People in their right mind wouldn’t vote for this.

The bill was better nothing. No bill is perfect. But it was a right leaning bill on the border that would have been signed by Biden. Again I ask, should someone like a presidential candidate tell his party in congress to not go through with bills on the table?

The bill was better nothing. No bill is perfect. But it was a right leaning bill on the border that would have been signed by Biden. Again I ask, should someone like a presidential candidate tell his party in congress to not go through with bills on the table?
Obviously not!

Again I ask, is Trump being treated fairly for the alleged crime?

Lol. Thought you guys wanted to fix the border problem. Turns out you don’t want anybody else coming in after all.

Lol. Thought you guys wanted to fix the border problem. Turns out you don’t want anybody else coming in after all.
Right so if fixing the border in this bill is to allow 8500 in a day then it’s secure in your mind.

Got your wish on more money for the Ukraine. So at least there’s that.

Reactions: bonefish1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT