ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs IU matchups next year

Are you talking about the B10 Tournament game? Not sure that's the outcome you'd be looking for. And I'll take Edwards on Bryant all day.
You really don't understand it do you. With Hammons in the paint, your guy is gonna get swatted no matter who guards him. Edwards just had to deny him position and if he fails, AJ comes from the weak side and denies. You really should go back and watch the two games we had against Wisconsin. You may learn something.

You really don't understand it do you. With Hammons in the paint, your guy is gonna get swatted no matter who guards him. Edwards just had to deny him position and if he fails, AJ comes from the weak side and denies. You really should go back and watch the two games we had against Wisconsin. You may learn something.
I actually didn't see the first game, but the second was ugly. Not sure why you're really pumping that one up.

Agree to disagree on Hammons. He'll cause issues, but not as many as last year, IMO.

I actually didn't see the first game, but the second was ugly. Not sure why you're really pumping that one up.

Agree to disagree on Hammons. He'll cause issues, but not as many as last year, IMO.
He's a senior. He will cause more. You've slammed him on here a few times. It's cute.

First I do agree with the general take on freshman bigs. Most of that is typically true, but not always. There are plenty of examples of freshman bigs who have been able to step in, play right away, stay out of foul trouble (for the most part) and contribute in a big way. I would say it's especially true for the highly ranked guys. I fully expect Stone and Bryant to be very good next year. I would expect Davis at MSU to be very good as well. Giddens will probably contribute at OSU as well.

Perea would not have started this year. I'm not sure he would have even been first off the bench. I could see him as the second man off the bench, easily.

I pretty much disagree with everything you put out there for the IU/PU game. I don't see any of that happening. Honestly, I laughed a little reading it. Like the fatigue comment. Who was fatigued last year? Lol. And the "taller guards" comment is just comical. Seriously. You act like Yogi doesn't play against a taller guard EVERY NIGHT. If Yogi and JBJ have a statistically normal night, IU will win. I think Hammons will actually have to guard Bryant not allowing him to just patrol the lane like last year. Williams will win the battle against Edwards, easily. Yogi will get his no matter who guards him. Not sure about JBJ and RJ but I would expect a big sophomore jump (just like you do from your guys) and would be even more efficient. It sure seems like you expect your players to get leaps and bounds better while everyone else is just sitting idle. So approaching it from your standpoint, I would expect Hammons and Haas to get their points. I would expect your awful shooting to continue between Mathias, Stephens, Davis and your PG's.

So with all of that said, I think that IU will win unless Purdue plays above their norm which I don't think will happen, and even if it does, people here will blame the refs, of course.

What a load of crap. We return our whole team (swap Hill for Octeus) and may still get the Notorious BIGGIE. Painter has beaten Crean three times in-a-row. Painter solved Crean's frenetic, guard-oriented offense last season, as did a number of other BIG coaches. What makes you think that IU is going to be better next season than last season? You lost Davis, Perea, and Stanford Robinson, right? Crean can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

First I do agree with the general take on freshman bigs. Most of that is typically true, but not always. There are plenty of examples of freshman bigs who have been able to step in, play right away, stay out of foul trouble (for the most part) and contribute in a big way. I would say it's especially true for the highly ranked guys. I fully expect Stone and Bryant to be very good next year. I would expect Davis at MSU to be very good as well. Giddens will probably contribute at OSU as well.

Perea would not have started this year. I'm not sure he would have even been first off the bench. I could see him as the second man off the bench, easily.

I pretty much disagree with everything you put out there for the IU/PU game. I don't see any of that happening. Honestly, I laughed a little reading it. Like the fatigue comment. Who was fatigued last year? Lol. And the "taller guards" comment is just comical. Seriously. You act like Yogi doesn't play against a taller guard EVERY NIGHT. If Yogi and JBJ have a statistically normal night, IU will win. I think Hammons will actually have to guard Bryant not allowing him to just patrol the lane like last year. Williams will win the battle against Edwards, easily. Yogi will get his no matter who guards him. Not sure about JBJ and RJ but I would expect a big sophomore jump (just like you do from your guys) and would be even more efficient. It sure seems like you expect your players to get leaps and bounds better while everyone else is just sitting idle. So approaching it from your standpoint, I would expect Hammons and Haas to get their points. I would expect your awful shooting to continue between Mathias, Stephens, Davis and your PG's.

So with all of that said, I think that IU will win unless Purdue plays above their norm which I don't think will happen, and even if it does, people here will blame the refs, of course.
I get it. You're arrogantly stupid. Not surprising since you feed at the trough at the Stye.

He's a senior. He will cause more. You've slammed him on here a few times. It's cute.
And I think our guards will cause more issues for you guys this year. Regardless, I expect it to be a very good game with a lot on the line for both teams which is exciting. I don't see a blow out for either team, in any case.

What a load of crap. We return our whole team (swap Hill for Octeus) and may still get the Notorious BIGGIE. Painter has beaten Crean three times in-a-row. Painter solved Crean's frenetic, guard-oriented offense last season, as did a number of other BIG coaches. What makes you think that IU is going to be better next season than last season? You lost Davis, Perea, and Stanford Robinson, right? Crean can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.
Care to take a look and tell me how many points, rebounds and minutes we lost here? Lol.

Care to take a look and tell me how many points, rebounds and minutes we lost here? Lol.
Purdue won't be relying on new blood to win this game. Unless we get Swanigan, the guys we will be relying on has beat this team twice already. If you're hoping Bryant changes that, consider this. He will be in foul trouble by the half or Hammons and Haas will both have 20 points each starting the second half.

I realize you have hope for change with this frosh. He may make a change against some teams. Purdue however will not be that team. Once again we will be a "bad matchup" for IU. BTW, we all know that is really code for "a better team".

Bryant will be a good player in the Big Ten but having to go up against substantially bigger players will probably be more than you can legitimately expect from a frosh unless he grows into the size of Shaq by next Fall.

He was measured at 6'9.5" with shoes on at a recent event. Haas and Hammons are going to tower over him.

Purdue won't be relying on new blood to win this game. Unless we get Swanigan, the guys we will be relying on has beat this team twice already. If you're hoping Bryant changes that, consider this. He will be in foul trouble by the half or Hammons and Haas will both have 20 points each starting the second half.

I realize you have hope for change with this frosh. He may make a change against some teams. Purdue however will not be that team. Once again we will be a "bad matchup" for IU. BTW, we all know that is really code for "a better team".
We won't be relying on Bryant to win the game for us. I do think he helps us, but Yogi, JBJ, RJ and Williams will be carrying the load. I'm not sold on Bryant being in foul trouble just because I haven't seen him enough in real games (meaning outside of All Star games). Like I said to Mathboy, I do agree that seems to be typical of freshman big men, but it's definitely NOT always the case.

I realized that you guys think that because you won last year at IU that things won't be different by any circumstances, but I actually think we'll be just fine against Purdue at IU this year. I'll just leave you with this, you won by 4 and we had ZERO big men. If you can't see how things may (again, I said MAY) be different this year, then we just have to agree to disagree.

Bryant will be a good player in the Big Ten but having to go up against substantially bigger players will probably be more than you can legitimately expect from a frosh unless he grows into the size of Shaq by next Fall.

He was measured at 6'9.5" with shoes on at a recent event. Haas and Hammons are going to tower over him.
At what event? When he played against some of the top big men in his class, he's done pretty well. He'll be just fine. I understand it though, most here are incapable of thinking a freshman can come in and contribute in a meaningful right away.

As long as Crean is your coach, with the line-ups both teams have, Purdue has a definite advantage. Newsflash, Loosier, Painter >> Crean in terms of coaching ability. We've beaten IU three times straight, and there has been nothing IU has done to make themselves significantly more able to match up with our inside game than last season.

Unless you're adding the second coming of Tyler Zeller next season, which you're not, Purdue has a big advantage over IU inside.

As long as Crean is your coach, with the line-ups both teams have, Purdue has a definite advantage. Newsflash, Loosier, Painter >> Crean in terms of coaching ability. We've beaten IU three times straight, and there has been nothing IU has done to make themselves significantly more able to match up with our inside game than last season.

Unless you're adding the second coming of Tyler Zeller next season, which you're not, Purdue has a big advantage over IU inside.
Welp. Adding a 6'10 McDonalds All American center does NOTHING to match up with your bigs. Is the bold above a real comment?

I can say the same about your guards. You have done nothing to match up with Yogi. You'll have an advantage down low and we'll have an advantage at the guard spot. We've done a hell of a lot more to match the disadvantage down low than you have done to match the disadvantage at the guard spot.

Welp. Adding a 6'10 McDonalds All American center does NOTHING to match up with your bigs. Is the bold above a real comment?

I can say the same about your guards. You have done nothing to match up with Yogi. You'll have an advantage down low and we'll have an advantage at the guard spot. We've done a hell of a lot more to match the disadvantage down low than you have done to match the disadvantage at the guard spot.
Lol, Yogi still can't play defense. And actually we have and will improve our offensive ability with the addition of Cline and the 5th year PG transfer. But you're being just your usual biased blind self.

It always cracks me up to see you mental midget pigsters tout some recruit as the savior and that iu is the only school that can improve.

Really? Your guards all had below average games against us last year, even at IU. Outside of Yogi, IU has no advantage over Purdue in a game of basketball. If your talking a game of horse, sure IU wins. I doubt we see too much dunking between ones legs in our game however.

Really? Your guards all had below average games against us last year, even at IU. Outside of Yogi, IU has no advantage over Purdue in a game of basketball. If your talking a game of horse, sure IU wins. I doubt we see too much dunking between ones legs in our game however.
Reality isn't one of snu's strong suits.

Reactions: Matt18Jones
I'd take JBJ and Johnson over Stephens all day, every day. Mathias has a chance to be a very good player so I'll withhold some judgement but at first cut, I'd still take JBJ and RJ over him as well. Anyway, we'll see what happens soon enough.I was dreading our games against you all last year. This year, I'm looking forward to it. I just can't wait to see this place after the game. It's gonna be awesome.

Oh, here's another link for you. I'm sure these Sports Illustrated are just trolling IU fans for likes though, so don't put much stock into it. :D
http://www.si.com/college-basketbal...-north-carolina-kentucky-kansas?xid=si_social
http://www.si.com/college-basketbal...-north-carolina-kentucky-kansas?xid=si_social

I'd take JBJ and Johnson over Stephens all day, every day. Mathias has a chance to be a very good player so I'll withhold some judgement but at first cut, I'd still take JBJ and RJ over him as well. Anyway, we'll see what happens soon enough.I was dreading our games against you all last year. This year, I'm looking forward to it. I just can't wait to see this place after the game. It's gonna be awesome.

Oh, here's another link for you. I'm sure these Sports Illustrated are just trolling IU fans for likes though, so don't put much stock into it. :D
What? IU is ranked in the preseason? That's your proof? Of course IU is likely to be ranked in the preseason. They have one of the largest fan bases in America. That gets more clicks. I believe IU was ranked when we smoked them last year, too. Your point?

Other people's opinions in May don't concern me. I actually watched the games. Your razor thin on depth in all positions. You have one guy who will have an advantage. You seem to think offensive skills is the only part of the equation. Our guards played yours physical and took away any advantage on paper that existed. I doubt that changes and superior defense wins out over

You seem to be hung up on what other people say. I actually watched the games. Your guards folded when ours played physical defense on them. They all shot under their average, including Yo

You seem to think anyone here cares what others are saying about you in May. We've all seen the games. We can see past the hype and compare what was and what has changed. IU is razor thin across the board. For you to expect each of your players to reach their full potential, the one you envision, is not realistic. Purdue is going to have solid, proven talent 10 deep and a clear advantage in the post. IU will have to shoot lights out to win this game. But if you want to hang your hat on ifs, feel free. Just don't expect anyone here to buy into it. Once again, we've all seen the games.

Purdue will be favored, even in Bloomington, especially if we sign Biggie. I mean what is a realistic rebound advantage Purdue will enjoy over IU now that IU has exactly one big on the entire roster who will get playing time? 3/2 advantage? More?

Crean has struggled with defense throughout his tenure but especially last year and they return essentially the same team.

Thomas Bryant as a FR will not be much of an upgrade over Peres last year, if one at all.

IU should win a lot of games because their guards can outscore opposition and most teams don't have our bigs, but Hammons has dominated IU and Crean simply doesn't have an answer for him.

Bryant will be dominated trying to guard Hammons and Haas for even one half, let alone the entire game. Hartman will probably be forced to play center again due to foul trouble.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
I'd say stylistically and based on the size disparity, IU is one of the 2 or 3 B1G teams I can confidently say I'm sure we will beat next year.

We have a better coach and a better, taller roster. I would just be absolutely shocked if we lost to IU next year with these teams rosters, especially with how we dominated them inside twice last year.

What SNU fails to anticipate is the "unfortunate event" that will likely occur on the IU campus this fall involving booze/dope that will leave one or more of the vaunted Loosiers on the DL for the season once again.

Reactions: SNU0821
Other people's opinions in May don't concern me. I actually watched the games. Your razor thin on depth in all positions. You have one guy who will have an advantage. You seem to think offensive skills is the only part of the equation. Our guards played yours physical and took away any advantage on paper that existed. I doubt that changes and superior defense wins out over

You seem to be hung up on what other people say. I actually watched the games. Your guards folded when ours played physical defense on them. They all shot under their average, including Yo

You seem to think anyone here cares what others are saying about you in May. We've all seen the games. We can see past the hype and compare what was and what has changed. IU is razor thin across the board. For you to expect each of your players to reach their full potential, the one you envision, is not realistic. Purdue is going to have solid, proven talent 10 deep and a clear advantage in the post. IU will have to shoot lights out to win this game. But if you want to hang your hat on ifs, feel free. Just don't expect anyone here to buy into it. Once again, we've all seen the games.
Real talk here.

I honestly don't think I'm being unreasonable when I say that IU can beat Purdue next year without playing their best game of the year. I think both of our teams are going to be in the top four or five in the league. Both our teams should be ranked when we play. Yes you are going to have an advantage at center and yes we're going to have an advantage at point guard. The rest of the players in the middle are too tough to call for one reason or another and it's gonna come down to who has a better game. Could JBJ play better than he did at IU against Purdue last year? Or with Ray Davis play him like he did last year? I could see either happening. Who wins between Vince and Williams? I could see either. What about Mathias and Robert Johnson, who knows. I like our guys better. You like your guys better. Shocker. I don't expect only our guys will get better. I expect most players to get better. But I also can acknowledge that some freshman can come in and play well right off the bat. Seems most around here are incapable of doing so.

For IU, the biggest two questions for this season were what would we do about our size down low and would our defense get better? We answered the first with Bryant. The second seems to be already heading in the right direction again because of Bryant but we'll have to wait and see how the defense looks against real competition. I will say, it can't get any worse than it was last year, though. For Purdue, where is the scoring going to come from and who is going to replace Octeus? You guys brought in Hill but still have some question marks at the point guard spot. He comes from a lower conference and didn't put up as good of numbers as Octeus did before he was at Purdue. Will Stephens be able to live up to the hype and actually be a consistent shooter? Can he be MORE than just a spot up shooter? What about Davis? Can he consistently hit the outside shot? Mathias? Seems most here are assuming that all three of those guys are going to be 40% shooters from 3pt land when in actuality they were far from it (Stephens was close but he was only slightly better than his freshman year). Both of our teams have major question marks. But the good news is both our teams have way less question marks than a lot of the teams in the B10. So in actuality it seems like I expect our players to get better and YOU expect your players to get better. The difference is I can acknowledge that your players will get better (and other players around the league) and you have good players on your team. You simply can't admit that any IU player could possibly get better or BE better than an Purdue player or that IU could be better than Purdue next year.

The only reason I keep pointing out these early rankings is for those that want to completely discount talent and the huge disadvantage we played with all year and acknowledge the benefits of bringing in a talented center can do for a team.

And you're not proven at 10 deep. LOL. Not. Even. Close.

Neither is iu. Not even close. And until proven otherwise, iu hasn't changed much since the last time we beat you. I know you like to discount improvements by other teams and think iu is the only one that change it's ways and get better, but as usual you are wrong.

I mean seriously why are you even here? Is your obsession with Purdue just getting the better of you? I mean no one here is going to buy the crap you are pitching no matter how much you try and sell it. Just go stick with the rest of the mental midget pigsters where you belong.

Neither is iu. Not even close. And until proven otherwise, iu hasn't changed much since the last time we beat you. I know you like to discount improvements by other teams and think iu is the only one that change it's ways and get better, but as usual you are wrong.

I mean seriously why are you even here? Is your obsession with Purdue just getting the better of you? I mean no one here is going to buy the crap you are pitching no matter how much you try and sell it. Just go stick with the rest of the mental midget pigsters where you belong.
I never claimed we were a proven 10 deep. And in actuality, IU changes a lot by adding Bryant. Why would we go from being projected to finish in the bottom third of the conference to finishing in the top three and being ranked in the top 20 if nothing has changed?

Speaking of mental midgets, lol, if you read my last post, you'll see that I'm NOT discounting improvements by other teams. LOL.

I am shocked.... Shocked that you might disagree with my prediction of Purdue kicking IU butt this coming year. Wow, what a revelation. :cool:

Look, Yogi had no legs at the end of the game in Bloomington. We won't even discuss the game at West Laffy. If all you do is look at the stats, you can't see what I'm talking about. If you watch the game, you will know what this meant to Yogi. You could see his jump shooting fall off as the game went on. He started short arming his shots at the end because his legs were gone. You can expect much the same result this year. This is the "fatigue" I was talking about.

It is one of Painter's strategies, to make the PG of opponent tired and take away his legs by the end of the game. That is one of the advantages of tall guards. (The fact that you don't understand the obvious advantages of taller guards says you may be being obtuse here). They force the smaller guards into expending more energy. That is also why he has his point pick up the defense in the back court. It's why he rotates his guards in and out so much. It's all about the energy equation.

It is akin to running up the middle in football when you face a small DL , or running wide when you face big DL. The specific play may not be succesful at first, but you want to wear out the opponent, so by the 4th quarter, he stops making plays. You will often see a Purdue game be close for a half, then at the start of the second half, Purdue will sprint ahead. Some of that has to do with opponent fatiugue. This doesn't always work, but with an opponent as thin as IU, with an ineffective bench, it has been a pretty good strategy the last few years. Even the most talented team can get tired.

:cool:

Real talk here.

I honestly don't think I'm being unreasonable when I say that IU can beat Purdue next year without playing their best game of the year. I think both of our teams are going to be in the top four or five in the league. Both our teams should be ranked when we play. Yes you are going to have an advantage at center and yes we're going to have an advantage at point guard. The rest of the players in the middle are too tough to call for one reason or another and it's gonna come down to who has a better game. Could JBJ play better than he did at IU against Purdue last year? Or with Ray Davis play him like he did last year? I could see either happening. Who wins between Vince and Williams? I could see either. What about Mathias and Robert Johnson, who knows. I like our guys better. You like your guys better. Shocker. I don't expect only our guys will get better. I expect most players to get better. But I also can acknowledge that some freshman can come in and play well right off the bat. Seems most around here are incapable of doing so.

For IU, the biggest two questions for this season were what would we do about our size down low and would our defense get better? We answered the first with Bryant. The second seems to be already heading in the right direction again because of Bryant but we'll have to wait and see how the defense looks against real competition. I will say, it can't get any worse than it was last year, though. For Purdue, where is the scoring going to come from and who is going to replace Octeus? You guys brought in Hill but still have some question marks at the point guard spot. He comes from a lower conference and didn't put up as good of numbers as Octeus did before he was at Purdue. Will Stephens be able to live up to the hype and actually be a consistent shooter? Can he be MORE than just a spot up shooter? What about Davis? Can he consistently hit the outside shot? Mathias? Seems most here are assuming that all three of those guys are going to be 40% shooters from 3pt land when in actuality they were far from it (Stephens was close but he was only slightly better than his freshman year). Both of our teams have major question marks. But the good news is both our teams have way less question marks than a lot of the teams in the B10. So in actuality it seems like I expect our players to get better and YOU expect your players to get better. The difference is I can acknowledge that your players will get better (and other players around the league) and you have good players on your team. You simply can't admit that any IU player could possibly get better or BE better than an Purdue player or that IU could be better than Purdue next year.

The only reason I keep pointing out these early rankings is for those that want to completely discount talent and the huge disadvantage we played with all year and acknowledge the benefits of bringing in a talented center can do for a team.

It's really quite simple. Your defense doesn't equal or better our offense. Bryant won't change that. No way he makes it the entire game against Hammons and Haas. Your offense has also been shown to not equal or better our defense. Once again Bryant won't be a difference if he is even playing. You have one back up for 3 guards and no one to back up Bryant other then Holt. Yeah, that won't help. You will absolutely have to have your guards shoot lights out to even stay close. Yo weakness is our biggest strength by a long shot.
Real talk here.

Well if everything improves evenly, our defense will still be better then your offense. Our offense will still be better then your defense. Bryant may help your defense for a short period. But with our bigs and guards who can drive, he won't be in for long. Next up will be Holt after sitting on the bench and watching Hammons to dominate, only to sit and have an even bigger Haas come in to shove around. We can throw 5 or 6 guards at your 4 guards and negate any advantage they have in skill set with our defense and rim protector. You will absolutely have to shoot lights out to keep it close. Once again, it will be your defense and lack of it that overcomes any streaky shooting You may be able to pull off. We out match you on both sides of the ball and your lack of bench will only make that worse.

We won't need to go 10 deep on IU, but we could if needed. Id say these 9 could handle it and all have previous experience so not unknowns. If Swanigan wears gold and black, you may want to find something else to do that day.

Hill, PJ
Stephens, Mathias
Ray
Edwards, Smotherman
Hammons, Haas

It's really quite simple. Your defense doesn't equal or better our offense. Bryant won't change that. No way he makes it the entire game against Hammons and Haas. Your offense has also been shown to not equal or better our defense. Once again Bryant won't be a difference if he is even playing. You have one back up for 3 guards and no one to back up Bryant other then Holt. Yeah, that won't help. You will absolutely have to have your guards shoot lights out to even stay close. Yo weakness is our biggest strength by a long shot.

Well if everything improves evenly, our defense will still be better then your offense. Our offense will still be better then your defense. Bryant may help your defense for a short period. But with our bigs and guards who can drive, he won't be in for long. Next up will be Holt after sitting on the bench and watching Hammons to dominate, only to sit and have an even bigger Haas come in to shove around. We can throw 5 or 6 guards at your 4 guards and negate any advantage they have in skill set with our defense and rim protector. You will absolutely have to shoot lights out to keep it close. Once again, it will be your defense and lack of it that overcomes any streaky shooting You may be able to pull off. We out match you on both sides of the ball and your lack of bench will only make that worse.

We won't need to go 10 deep on IU, but we could if needed. Id say these 9 could handle it and all have previous experience so not unknowns. If Swanigan wears gold and black, you may want to find something else to do that day.

Hill, PJ
Stephens, Mathias
Ray
Edwards, Smotherman
Hammons, Haas
So much for having a real conversation. I guess you tried though. I thought you may be able to have a real talk about the game but instead I get a fanboy response. One statement...You say we would have to "absolutely shoot lights out" to keep it close? You won by 4 at IU last year and we shot 5-16 from 3pt range which is well under our average. Given the addition Bryant and all of our shooters back, it would appear to any reasonable person that we WON'T have to shoot lights out to win in Bloomington. At Purdue, it may be a different story but unfortunately for you, we don't play there this year. Thanks for at least trying to break it down. You failed, but at least you tried. I'm sure you thought Purdue was going to beat Cinci in the tournament and then beat UK too, right? Lol...

Last edited:
So much for having a real conversation. I guess you tried though. I thought you may be able to have a real talk about the game but instead I get a fanboy response. One statement...You say we would have to "absolutely shoot lights out" to keep it close? You won by 4 at IU last year and we shot 5-16 from 3pt range which is well under our average. Given the addition Bryant and all of our shooters back, it would appear to any reasonable person that we WON'T have to shoot lights out to win in Bloomington. At Purdue, it may be a different story but unfortunately for you, we don't play there this year. Thanks for at least trying to break it down. You failed, but at least you tried. I'm sure you thought Purdue was going to beat Cinci in the tournament and then beat UK too, right? Lol...
You come to the Boiler board and absolutely think your team has no flaws and will accept NO argument from this side then you want to talk about "FANBOY" responses. Better take the cover off your mirror.

I
lol, if you read my last post, you'll see that I'm NOT discounting improvements by other teams. LOL.
Now I have to explain your own posts to you, wow you just get more and more helpless. YEs you are basically discounting improvements because while you tout Bryant, you constantly bring up Purdue's play next year while discounting that Stephens might get better, or Dakota, or anyone else on the Purdue team.

Seriously go back to the pighole where the rest of the mental midgets hang out. You are only going to continue to be made to look the fool here.

Now I have to explain your own posts to you, wow you just get more and more helpless. YEs you are basically discounting improvements because while you tout Bryant, you constantly bring up Purdue's play next year while discounting that Stephens might get better, or Dakota, or anyone else on the Purdue team.

Seriously go back to the pighole where the rest of the mental midgets hang out. You are only going to continue to be made to look the fool here.
You didn't go to Purdue, did you?

You didn't go to Purdue, did you?
You never finished your GED, did you?

In fact here is just a small sample of you not thinking players can improve. Taken right from the first page of this thread no less:

Snu the mental midget: "Why would Mathias be expected to catch up?"

To which you were quickly shot down with similar comments I have made about player improvement. So, yeah, you do need your own posts explained to you.

You come to the Boiler board and absolutely think your team has no flaws and will accept NO argument from this side then you want to talk about "FANBOY" responses. Better take the cover off your mirror.
No flaws? I've said repeatedly our defense was god awful last year. How good we are next year will depend on our defense improving. I think it will but can't say how much. We're thin in the front court. Everyone knows this. Now that doesn't necessarily mean it's a flaw, but it's a limitation at least. I've admitted to our flaws and have complemented Purdue because I think you guys are going to have a good team next year. There's a difference between talking about the gives and takes of the game but pete pretty much said there is (basically) zero chance that IU wins AT IU against Purdue. Yup, and I'm the homer.

I have my masters in finance. Your lack of response to my question was good enough...
Just because you printed out a masters diploma doesn't mean you actually have one you know right?

And I didn't answer because it wasn't warranted as I don't really give a rip what someone like you thinks. But no, I didn't attend Purdue but went to West Point instead. All of my family went to Purdue I simply chose a different path but follow Purdue regardless.

I'm heading out for the day so others will have to continue to keep you in check. It's not that hard to do really, hell you often do it to yourself. But you can relax, I've made you look foolish enough for one day and will do it again tomorrow.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT