ADVERTISEMENT

The great thing about being a Purdue fan...I will love next year's team just as much as I love this team.

Abugabby

Junior
Jun 1, 2001
Early top 25's are coming out now and every one I've seen has Purdue in the top 10. We get way more athletic next year and will likely rely on the 3 more because we will have 8 guys that can shoot 40%. Heide and Colvin on the floor together with Smith at the point will be high-flying and I expect to see a lot of alley-oops. We still have good size but the size is different with Berg and Jacobsen (if he doesn't RS) with range out to the three line. I don't suspect we will rely as heavily on the inside game, but TKR is a good option down low.

The rumors of our demise have been greatly exagerrated. Purdue isn't going anywhere.

Early top 25's are coming out now and every one I've seen has Purdue in the top 10. We get way more athletic next year and will likely rely on the 3 more because we will have 8 guys that can shoot 40%. Heide and Colvin on the floor together with Smith at the point will be high-flying and I expect to see a lot of alley-oops. We still have good size but the size is different with Berg and Jacobsen (if he doesn't RS) with range out to the three line. I don't suspect we will rely as heavily on the inside game, but TKR is a good option down low.

The rumors of our demise have been greatly exagerrated. Purdue isn't going anywhere.
Top 10-15 team seams about right. Colvin and Heide are next men up! Add in Catchings and Harris and you got a good top 7.

Next year will suck but will be a learning year. The following year is when they start to get back on track.
Rumor in Phoenix was that Loyer has thought about transferring to Illinois to play with Goode. I don't believe that he would go to Illinois, but I believe he and his dad will look for a better option.

Next year will suck but will be a learning year. The following year is when they start to get back on track.
Rumor in Phoenix was that Loyer has thought about transferring to Illinois to play with Goode. I don't believe that he would go to Illinois, but I believe he and his dad will look for a better option.
Why would Loyer leave a team he has started on as a true freshman for two years,
to go play at Illinois, who will be recruiting over him at guard? I love Loyer but he’s not going to be starting at a lot of other good P5 schools. He fits Painters system well and has close ties to Purdue.

I would be shocked if Loyer transferred to Illinois. 2 year starter, just went to the national championship, fits the system, is loved by and loves his teammates...that rumor sounds like a load of bull pucky.
Of course, in the portal era nothing really surprises me anymore.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
If Loyer thinks he isn’t gonna get enough minutes I definitely think he might transfer. More talent is coming in and Colvin and Heide are only gonna get better.

Reactions: RDUBoiler
Think about how athletic next year’s team is gonna be - TKR, Catchings, Heide, Colvin, Harris, and Smith. I would say only Smith and TKR are definitely starters. Add Benter, Burgess and Jacobsen and the future looks fantastic. We are gonna play completely different - up tempo way more and I predict tons of highlight dunks! I also wouldn’t rule out one portal pickup depending on transfers and red shirts.

Think about how athletic next year’s team is gonna be - TKR, Catchings, Heide, Colvin, Harris, and Smith. I would say only Smith and TKR are definitely starters. Add Benter, Burgess and Jacobsen and the future looks fantastic. We are gonna play completely different - up tempo way more and I predict tons of highlight dunks! I also wouldn’t rule out one portal pickup depending on transfers and red shirts.
I would guess Smith, TKR and Heide for sure. Heide had already established himself as the first guy off the bench...he will only get better over the summer.

Totally agree. Last night was rough, but still like the trajectory of this program.

Smith is the foundation the next 2 years. It's his show now and will be fun to watch him shoot more and get out in transition to set up teammates. Coach Painter always runs his offense through his best player. It's never been a PG, so it should be fun to see what offense looks like.

I think it's reasonable TKR could be a 14 and 8 guy at the 5.

Loyer getting sets run for him like Cline/Mathias/Sasha could really make him a more dangerous weapon. I wish they would have done this more this season to keep teams off balance from the pound it to Zach routine. He needed more shots.

Haven't given up on Furst yet. Consistent minutes will do wonders for him IMO.

Colvin/Heide should be ready to take next step.

Catchings is most talented Freshman since.....?

Harris is a tough, big physical guard this team could have used last night.

CJ Cox and Jack Benter seem like the next edition of guys the rest of the country overlooked. A couple highly skilled guys with winning pedigree.

Jacobson/Burgess both have great upside for coach Brantley to work with. Jacobson could be rim protector like Haarms and Burgess has a motor you can't teach.

It also will be interesting to see if defensive strategy changes back to hedging ball screens and pressuring more on the perimeter with Zach gone.

Sorry for the long response, but I really like where Matt has the program. Of course they'll miss Zach, but it will be fun to see how Painter adjusts to this new rosters strengths.

If Loyer thinks he isn’t gonna get enough minutes I definitely think he might transfer. More talent is coming in and Colvin and Heide are only gonna get better.
Covin and Heide are forwards at this point. Fletch is a 2 guard. Smith/Loyer/Colvin or Heide is entirely likely unless Colvin develops the ball handling (and D) to play 2 guard. That is possible. Heide is too big to guard 2's adn we'll absolutely need his rebounding next year. Forward.

It would be highly strange & quite remarkable if the mindset of a starting guard in a NC game would think for 1 second he would not get enough minutes the following year.

Reactions: Schnelk and BBG
What is funny is you actually think you are fooling ANYONE here in to thinking you're a Purdue fan.

This schtick of yours only works on low iq'd mouth breathers.. so in other words.. iu fans.
Correct. Dude is too obvious with it.

After the Tennessee game I infiltrated the Tennessee Vols board. I've been posting slight digs at them since and not a single fan has caught on. Hell, I'm posting POLLS to troll them. Here is my poll on whether the Edey block was a foul. I'm explaining to any Vol fan who thinks Edey fouled on "The Block" why it wasn't a foul.

To their credit, 40% admit it was clean.

GKzt9akWUAAPoNG

Reactions: BBG
Covin and Heide are forwards at this point. Fletch is a 2 guard. Smith/Loyer/Colvin or Heide is entirely likely unless Colvin develops the ball handling (and D) to play 2 guard. That is possible. Heide is too big to guard 2's adn we'll absolutely need his rebounding next year. Forward.
Semantics. We really play a 3 guard offense. Wing and Small forward are interchangeable these days.

Reactions: Boilermakerdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT