ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Michigan State Game Thread

If we can get a couple of other guys to play with that intensity, we'd win a lot of games.

Hey....maybe the light goes on....proof positive what can be done....and also getting confidence from making plays down the stretch.

These young men needed a game like that....overcame adversity.....and pulled it out of the fire.

Helluva way to start a weekend.....time for a beverage!

giphy.gif

Yes they did and they deserve credit for that but CMP on the right folks in at the right times and had them in the position to make plays. He had a good plan and the players executed.

This always makes me laugh. If we win its Painter! If we lose, "Painter isn't on the court taking shots!!". LOL. I love it!

Reactions: jtanoos1
FFFFFFFFFF*******************CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I rarely hear kim yell during a game and she was really into it. GREAT win. But very fortunate . Tre had a LOT of pressure and exceeded them. I have no faith in his face up quick release. But it was gold.

Now, players have got to value possessions more than they have shown. It wasn't a good game for Gillis but he had no problem sacrificing his body diving for the ball. I imagine Matt got into them at half...GOOD, they needed it. Purdue set the tone with D at the start and MSU started taking the casual shots and Purdue continued the aggressiveness on O and I'm so damn happy

This always makes me laugh. If we win its Painter! If we lose, "Painter isn't on the court taking shots!!". LOL. I love it!
Sometimes. Sometimes not. In this case the sub of Edey kept the ball alive and the in-bounds play to free up Tre was awesome. yes the players executed but the coach put them in position to take advantage of their strengths and make plays. Good job everyone.

Sometimes. Sometimes not. In this case the sub of Edey kept the ball alive and the in-bounds play to free up Tre was awesome. yes the players executed but the coach put them in position to take advantage of their strengths and make plays. Good job everyone.
I still love the selective reasons for wins and losses. Makes me laugh every time!

That asshole has been on ignore for a long time. Hahaha Boiler up!

That move won the game.
That worked out for Purdue and made sense. Tre had to be tired and his FT shooting adds suspense, but I suspect the biggest move was Matt's halftime chat. THAT or a leader emerged because Purdue cranked up the D significantly and caused 3 or 4 turnovers out of the gate. Personally. I hope it was a player rather than Matt, but they fought and fought. They just have to value possessions. I was very concerned when Purdue clawed back in and Jaden shoots a 3 and the msu build the lead a bit. You have to climb over when you finally get there. Purdue doesn't have the margin of error to just let players play however as some fans believe. This is big time and the room for error is small to get into the tourney. Any big can win on a given night. What a win😁

I recall several good inbound plays this year. It wasn't that long ago that the fire Painter crowd constantly shouted that Purdue never ran good inbound plays. There may have been some truth to it, but this game ending play shows that Painter knows a thing or two about basketball.

I recall several good inbound plays this year. It wasn't that long ago that the fire Painter crowd constantly shouted that Purdue never ran good inbound plays. There may have been some truth to it, but this game ending play shows that Painter knows a thing or two about basketball.
I have to watch that last out of bounds. Several moved to the block with several rubs and tre emerged. Almost like they made a wall. Still I doubt Matt wanted a face up and instead a jump hook, but Tre had room and took the open shot with boilermaker blood pressure dropping 30 points a few seconds later

Exactly. This was a group win because the players executed the plan to perfection.

Anyone else notice Painter talking to Newman before the inbounds play and then Newman literally just stood there after the inbounds.. Seemed like talking was used as a decoy to make the defender think the ball was coming to him.

Reactions: Zaphod_B

Are you kidding me? Seriously? Are you trying to convince some of us that Painter drew up that play exactly as it was ran? They all looked like Keystone Cops in the paint. My mouth was open watching the chaos unfold at the rim thinking they'd be getting a 5 second call. No coach draws up a play where everyone goes in the paint and bumps into each other like lost robots. like that. I'm pretty stoked that we won, but it was a busted play that Tre managed to break free from and hit the little drop. That play was all 100% Tre making something out of nothing.

Are you kidding me? Seriously? Are you trying to convince some of us that Painter drew up that play exactly as it was ran? They all looked like Keystone Cops in the paint. My mouth was open watching the chaos unfold at the rim thinking they'd be getting a 5 second call. No coach draws up a play where everyone goes in the paint and bumps into each other like lost robots. like that. I'm pretty stoked that we won, but it was a busted play that Tre managed to break free from and hit the little drop. That play was all 100% Tre making something out of nothing.
Says the leader of the fire painter crowd...go figure.

Might want to read the front page article about it. There was a designed play drawn up and executed, even has a name but my lack of coffee this morning is making me forget.

Now that doesn't take away from Tre doing what had to be done, but Painter most certainly deserves credit for having a plan and it hasn't been the first time this year.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Someone comments on "The game" and the rebuttal is directed at the person.....go figure.
Because the "game comment" was a back handed stab at the coach from a guy that openly wants him fired...or have you changed your position?

Might want to read the front page article about it. There was a designed play drawn up and executed, even has a name but my lack of coffee this morning is making me forget.

Now that doesn't take away from Tre doing what had to be done, but Painter most certainly deserves credit for having a plan and it hasn't been the first time this year.
The only name for a play I read was the rebound play. "Rebound war". I'm giving Painter that call as it was big. I'm still calling it Tre made something out of nothing on the last play. Just my POV.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT