ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue is in CBS Very Early Top 25+1 Ranking

Fair enough. If that's what he meant, then I apologize for my reply. Typically when I read "win at all costs" I think of shady type stuff and I thought the student athlete stuff was a separate point. Although, regarding the student athlete comment, IIRC, IU has had a very good APR under Crean.

Yeah the comment about Maker staying a year and a half in school came from Maker's guardian. I believe he said Thon could come mid season, stay for a year and a half or come in 2016 and stay one year. That's all they said, I don't really have an opinion on how long he would stay but I would typically lean toward your comment that a player like himself who would be drafted really high based on potential alone is too much to pass up for most.

I don't know the rule well enough but I thought Heller stated it a while ago and it was something like they need to be a year removed from high school or something to that nature. Could be way off, but that's the way I remember it.

achb is correct in devining my meaning . In no way do I think there is money being handed to any IU recruit, Maker included. ALthough I do wonder about some of the nice vehicles involved in some of these "incidents" that have happened. Poor-as-chuch-mice Pereira was driving what car when he hit Davis?

I just think Maker makes a travesty of the one & done rule, by going to school for one semester to play college ball. It is a joke to consider him a "student-athlete". He is a much better fit at a school that makes no pretense of educating their athletes (for example OSU or UNC).

:cool:

achb is correct in devining my meaning . In no way do I think there is money being handed to any IU recruit, Maker included. ALthough I do wonder about some of the nice vehicles involved in some of these "incidents" that have happened. Poor-as-chuch-mice Pereira was driving what car when he hit Davis?

I just think Maker makes a travesty of the one & done rule, by going to school for one semester to play college ball. It is a joke to consider him a "student-athlete". He is a much better fit at a school that makes no pretense of educating their athletes (for example OSU or UNC).

Gotcha. Sorry for the response.

Perea wasn't driving, Holt was. And, IIRC, it was some sorority girls jeep. She and her friends were in the car at the time.

As far as Maker, I think you have to be 19 or one year removed from HS. If he were to come mid season, he wouldn't be one year removed and therefore would only be eligible if he's 19 at the deadline for entry. I don't know his age, but it's definitely possible that he could stay a year and a half. I've also read that some recent tournaments have shown him to be a little more raw than what his highlight vids would have people believe, and therefore not necessarily a shoe-in for the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT