ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue WVB is #16 in polls

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
Interesting that the three teams just ahead of them are Penn State, Kansas and Kentucky - three teams that they have beaten.

If Purdue wants to host the first round of the NCAA tournament it is important that they stay here or, hopefully, higher in the polls.

Also, those that care probably know but Chloe Chicoine once again won Big Ten Freshman of the week (for the 4th time) and Raven Colvin won Big Ten Defensive Player of the week (for the 2nd time.)

Interesting that the three teams just ahead of them are Penn State, Kansas and Kentucky - three teams that they have beaten.

If Purdue wants to host the first round of the NCAA tournament it is important that they stay here or, hopefully, higher in the polls.

Also, those that care probably know but Chloe Chicoine once again won Big Ten Freshman of the week (for the 4th time) and Raven Colvin won Big Ten Defensive Player of the week (for the 2nd time.)

Reactions: DocRon and Boilermb

I think that we are 14 in the RPI last time I checked. We are going to have some great opportunities to rack up some good wins. Gotta play Wisconsin twice though. I think we can be competitive but their block is huge! Looking forward to watching what Chloe we do being nearly a foot shorter. CC is crafty and skilled but that’s a big task for sure.

I think that we are 14 in the RPI last time I checked. We are going to have some great opportunities to rack up some good wins. Gotta play Wisconsin twice though. I think we can be competitive but their block is huge! Looking forward to watching what Chloe we do being nearly a foot shorter. CC is crafty and skilled but that’s a big task for sure.
I feel like we have a chance since we are the only other team to take Nebraska to five. The Nebraska-Wisconsin match on Saturday was fire.

I feel like we have a chance since we are the only other team to take Nebraska to five. The Nebraska-Wisconsin match on Saturday was fire.
This time can beat anybody-I really believe that. If this groups stays together they are going to be unstoppable.

Reactions: JeffBoiler

Shondell was asked about the oddity of the 3 teams right above them all being teams Purdue beat and 2 of the 3 on their court. Shondell was fine with it and even said he voted them ahead of Purdue. He also pointed out that for determining the top 16 teams that are hosts for the tournament is based on the RPI and Purdue is 15 in the RPI.

You are correct but we are ranked #18 this week. If we don't beat Penn State this week we will be lower. Not enough to host the first NCAA round.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT