ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Michigan: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Game is more than over. Can we please put in the backup qb now? Even if you have ultimate faith in Card (hard to type that with a straight face) you might need the backup at some point in the season and now is a great time to get him some reps.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I dont understand the laughing and joking on the sideline by Card. He played like absolute shit (yet again) and is a huge reason why we lost. Have seen this in previous games as well.
Even worse, I think that was the OC laughing with him. Probably the two worst performances by our team today and they think it’s funny.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I dont understand the laughing and joking on the sideline by Card. He played like absolute shit (yet again) and is a huge reason why we lost. Have seen this in previous games as well.
I hated Sindelar for smiling after the Nevada game years ago, he passed for 600 or so yards but we lost.

Oh, why haven't they moved Lard's name down on the uniform so you can always read the C.

Been saying this for a while. Card is not our guy. We aren't making a bowl. Give our young guys a chance. Can't be any worse
My thought, too. Card is just 50% during this 4-game skid with more interceptions than touchdowns and fewer than 200 passing yards/game. Those would be sluggish numbers 30 years ago. Iowa/OSU/Michigan have great defenses, no doubt. But I'm starting to wonder if there's anyone viable behind Card.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Even worse, I think that was the OC laughing with him. Probably the two worst performances by our team today and they think it’s funny.
Quite embarrassing. Card was laughing with Burks towards the end of the NE game as well. I sure don't remember Blough or Oconnell giggling on the sidelines during an ass kicking.

Been saying this for a while. Card is not our guy. We aren't making a bowl. Give our young guys a chance. Can't be any worse
Which “young guys” ? If they’re being coached by the same clowns that Card is, they’re probably even worse.

Well, we kept Michigan from covering the spread. That’s almost like a win at this point. :D

Quite embarrassing. Card was laughing with Burks towards the end of the NE game as well. I sure don't remember Blough or Oconnell giggling on the sidelines during an ass kicking.

Candidly, that is not good optics at all when your side of the ball has not carried its weight, and that's putting it mildly. And win as a team, lose as a team - coaches too. Certainly it's a game, but you're a competitor too, aren't you?

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
My thought, too. Card is just 50% during this 4-game skid with more interceptions than touchdowns and fewer than 200 passing yards/game. Those would be sluggish numbers 30 years ago. Iowa/OSU/Michigan have great defenses, no doubt. But I'm starting to wonder if there's anyone viable behind Card.
I think it’s a combination of poor pass protection, Card not having confidence in that protection, always feeling rushed and can’t set up (happy feet) and the inability of the WRs to get open against good coverage.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I think it’s a combination of poor pass protection, Card not having confidence in that protection, always feeling rushed and can’t set up (happy feet) and the inability of the WRs to get open against good coverage.
He has missed a ton of wide open guys. And missed a ton of receivers that had good coverage but they still could have caught it of it was a good pass. He is just terrible. One of the worst we've had in a long time. Which is sad.

Definitely not much protection by line, not understanding why Purdue can’t recruit good offensive linemen and have a good line, isn’t the offense based on passing a lot more than running, so how can you do that with a bad line.

Definitely not much protection by line, not understanding why Purdue can’t recruit good offensive linemen and have a good line, isn’t the offense based on passing a lot more than running, so how can you do that with a bad line.
Line certainly isn't good, but a good offensive coordinator should still have plays to neutralize that especially with a QB that can run.

Reactions: NashvilleBoiler
Line certainly isn't good, but a good offensive coordinator should still have plays to neutralize that especially with a QB that can run.
There's literally nothing a coach can do with no line. Especially against top 5 team. They were sitting on the short stuff. Our line....especially the tackles couldn't block long enough for the longer routes to develop and its not like we have a bunch of game breaking wrs.

There's literally nothing a coach can do with no line. Especially against top 5 team. They were sitting on the short stuff. Our line....especially the tackles couldn't block long enough for the longer routes to develop and its not like we have a bunch of game breaking wrs.
Was O’Connell’s line better? How about Blough’s? You are 100% incorrect. There are dozens if not hundreds of things you can try to do to make up for a struggling O-line.

Unfortunately we have a qb who panics nearly every pass play.

Brohm and his staff had outstanding offensive stats pretty much every year he was here despite having ok to terrible o-lines because he knew how to coach offense.

plus every game seems like a different line at OL due to injuries

Agreed,
CRW made some changes in the MI Game that he should have made 8 games ago.....
I thought that he called a pretty smart game against MI.
Disagree. What changes?

I think the team played a bit better but in the first 15 minutes of the game we had multiple busted coverages and yet another play where we tried to cover their best athlete with a LB because we refuse to use our FS to cover and instead put him so far from the play to actually help.

Until the D gets lined up properly, covers properly and stops playing 10 vs. 11 this d could have all the talent in the world, it would still be disadvantaged.

Was O’Connell’s line better? How about Blough’s? You are 100% incorrect. There are dozens if not hundreds of things you can try to do to make up for a struggling O-line.

Unfortunately we have a qb who panics nearly every pass play.

Brohm and his staff had outstanding offensive stats pretty much every year he was here despite having ok to terrible o-lines because he knew how to coach offense.
Bingo about Card. He panics almost every single pass play. Commentators were even pointing it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT