ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Michigan: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Bingo about Card. He panics almost every single pass play. Commentators were even pointing it out.
He panics and then never quite commits to throwing or running it so we get a lot of tripping and flailing and usually a loss or turnover. But guys…that’s Brohm fault.

Reminds me of etling....been hit too many times
Being smart and decisive here is a learned skill. Card has seen enough of this he should make better choices now. He was better in the Michigan game but I also think the OC could have done him a few more favors and ran him more or gotten him on the run more.

Bad scheme + bad play calling + bad decisions have gotten us the 2-7 we have now!

Reactions: Bippus33
Disagree. What changes?

I think the team played a bit better but in the first 15 minutes of the game we had multiple busted coverages and yet another play where we tried to cover their best athlete with a LB because we refuse to use our FS to cover and instead put him so far from the play to actually help.

Until the D gets lined up properly, covers properly and stops playing 10 vs. 11 this d could have all the talent in the world, it would still be disadvantaged.
We played more zones coverage than in any game prior. CRW did a better job at coaching down and distance on D.
Took the points when he could instead of going for long first downs or for 6.
Are we still falling behind at the start of games, yes.
I'm pointing out some positives so that I'm not cast as a hater or something worse.
Improvement seems to becoming in baby steps and I have resigned myself to accept the little things and let things play out....

Last edited:
Being smart and decisive here is a learned skill. Card has seen enough of this he should make better choices now. He was better in the Michigan game but I also think the OC could have done him a few more favors and ran him more or gotten him on the run more.

Bad scheme + bad play calling + bad decisions have gotten us the 2-7 we have now!
Fire Brohm inretrospect and in absentia!!!!!!

Reactions: pboiler18
We played more zones coverage than in any game prior. CRW did a better job at coaching down and distance on D.
Took the points when he could instead of going for long first downs or for 6.
Are we still falling behind at the start of games, yes.
I'm pointing out some positives so that I'm not cast as a hater or something worse.
Improvement seems to becoming in baby steps and I have resigned myself to accept the little things and let things play out....
another positive, I noticed in the Mich game the the players didn't quit which is a good sign that they didn't give up playing being 4 tds down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT