ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers for Rush

Nixon resigned because he didn't want to drag the country through an impeachment. Clinton set the new standard.
Hopefully, this won't be the new normal, but the current House set the bar really low.
All you need now is a simple majority and a vivid imagination and you can impeach anyone.
All you need now is a complete lack of integrity and respect for Presidential norms....and you can wind up GETTING impeached.....

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I tend to be independent in my thinking, and don’t get caught up in the latest and best story of the moment. I knew I should not have posted here, because these sorts of discussions fail on so many points. Often, you must choose a side, and defend it with vehemence that leaves balance and logic behind. I truly dislike that sort of irrational nonsense. Much of what you post seems to reflect a strong opinion, but little else. That is why I find you over the top, so to speak. I don’t mean to insult you, but I find that Dems that foam that way are truly detrimental to the success of the party. Independent thinkers like me look at this stuff and think WTF.

For example, you defend your position by quoting some poll about 60%. Is that a logical conclusion drawn from facts? Which facts are you believing and which are you discounting? All I get from you is the party line. Which norms and rules has Trump disregarded? Which institutions has he disparaged? It seems the FBI did some bad things and violated rules around FISA warrants. Maybe they deserved some heat?

My number one factual beef with Trump is his redirection of funds to build the wall. Had we a functioning government, the House Dems would have allocated funds for the wall. They didn't and I think the president should has respected that decision. However the courts upheld his authority to do what he did, so the point is mute.

I would like to promote a balanced and rational discussion with actual facts and logic, rather than throwing platitude at each other.

:cool:
I'm sure an independent thinker like you knows there are independents, republicans, and former republicans all over this country that are vehemently opposed to trump. You seem to have fallen into the same trap as the trumpers.......assumimg that anyone who opposes Trump is a dem.

I post facts here all the time......as well as opinions. The facts I post back up my opinion of trump.

I didn't quote "some poll". I believe the average approval rating for trump for the first three years is 42%. The point is that my perspective is not "over the top", it's the same as more than half the country.

I gotta say I can't believe you actually asked what norms and rules Trump has disregarded. ......and what institutions he has disparaged.
Off the top of my head.....

In his first speech as president, he stood in front of the CIA wall and complained about the press and the reporting of his inauguration crowd.

Got into a public fight with a gold star family.

Didn't lay a wreath at the tomb of the unknown soldier on veterans day because it was raining.

Publicly calls for his AG to investigate a political opponent .

Publicly attacks the FED chair on interest rate policy.......repeatedly.

Tax returns

Separation policy at the border.

Taking the word of the Russian President over his own intel agencies.

His interference of military justice in the Gallagher case.

The press is the enemy of the people.

Publicly attacking judges and courts when verdicts go against him.

Saying article 2 gives him the right to do whatever he wants.......including pardoning himself.

Hosting the G7 at his own club.

"Demand"ed the DOJ investigate itself.

Called for supporters to knock the crap out of supporters .

Publicly called for foreign governments to investigate a political opponent.

Fired one and tried to fire another official who was investigating him.

Attacking public companies that criticize his tariff policy.....or choose to move overseas.

Could go on. Some of these are just protocol and some are very serious.......and everything in between. I suppose you could give the same response as the trumpers........that he didn't break any law so no problem. I would hope you can see beyond that excuse.

I'm sure an independent thinker like you knows there are independents, republicans, and former republicans all over this country that are vehemently opposed to trump. You seem to have fallen into the same trap as the trumpers.......assumimg that anyone who opposes Trump is a dem.

I post facts here all the time......as well as opinions. The facts I post back up my opinion of trump.

I didn't quote "some poll". I believe the average approval rating for trump for the first three years is 42%. The point is that my perspective is not "over the top", it's the same as more than half the country.

I gotta say I can't believe you actually asked what norms and rules Trump has disregarded. ......and what institutions he has disparaged.
Off the top of my head.....

In his first speech as president, he stood in front of the CIA wall and complained about the press and the reporting of his inauguration crowd.

Got into a public fight with a gold star family.

Didn't lay a wreath at the tomb of the unknown soldier on veterans day because it was raining.

Publicly calls for his AG to investigate a political opponent .

Publicly attacks the FED chair on interest rate policy.......repeatedly.

Tax returns

Separation policy at the border.

Taking the word of the Russian President over his own intel agencies.

His interference of military justice in the Gallagher case.

The press is the enemy of the people.

Publicly attacking judges and courts when verdicts go against him.

Saying article 2 gives him the right to do whatever he wants.......including pardoning himself.

Hosting the G7 at his own club.

"Demand"ed the DOJ investigate itself.

Called for supporters to knock the crap out of supporters .

Publicly called for foreign governments to investigate a political opponent.

Fired one and tried to fire another official who was investigating him.

Attacking public companies that criticize his tariff policy.....or choose to move overseas.

Could go on. Some of these are just protocol and some are very serious.......and everything in between. I suppose you could give the same response as the trumpers........that he didn't break any law so no problem. I would hope you can see beyond that excuse.
" (You) could go on" ??
Hell, Bb6....you barely scratched the surface...….

Bolton's book = Mueller report...who gives a shit, but i am gonna sell some books to a bunch of dumb ass leftists!
"Who gives a shit ? "
Presumably, all of the people that buy Bolton's book, plus all the people who will learn from the media of what Mr. Bolton's book has to say.. You know...from LEFTISTS like Ambassador Bolton.

"Who gives a shit ? "
Presumably, all of the people that buy Bolton's book, plus all the people who will learn from the media of what Mr. Bolton's book has to say.. You know...from LEFTISTS like Ambassador Bolton.
EGO MANIACAL Ambassador Bolton. There are multiple reasons as a Republican not to like the guy, the least of which is a "tell all" book that may or may not be totally factual.

The reason it's sold old on Amazon is...and read slowly...it's you liberal Trump Haters last great hope to get POTUS out of office before he wins again.

EGO MANIACAL Ambassador Bolton. There are multiple reasons as a Republican not to like the guy, the least of which is a "tell all" book that may or may not be totally factual.

The reason it's sold old on Amazon is...and read slowly...it's you liberal Trump Haters last great hope to get POTUS out of office before he wins again.
Amazon is the largest bookseller in the US. It would be ****ing stupid not to sell a book on Amazon.

Interesting timing on the book and interesting timing of the "leaked transcript" too. Bolton sees dollars. Can't blame him but it was all so transparent from the get go. Another poorly coordinated hit job by the lib journos and their masters in the Democratic party. Try again!

Interesting timing on the book and interesting timing of the "leaked transcript" too. Bolton sees dollars. Can't blame him but it was all so transparent from the get go. Another poorly coordinated hit job by the lib journos and their masters in the Democratic party. Try again!
Ignore your own eyes and ears, the only truth is the truth given to you by the Party.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Definitely a dodo head or ditto head or whatever they call themselves these days
What do you call yourself? Funny, you have been a member for over 13 yrs with 500 posts in that time and all of the sudden you are on board patrol with your lib buddies saying the same stupid crap they post over and over and over on every thread.

No it does not. He gets no salary from Trump businesses. None. He's losing money while making you money.
Lol. No, he gets no salary from Trump businesses right now as president. The money goes into the business......which he owns......which he can take a salary from after he leaves office. Do you really not understand that?

Reactions: glidresquirrel
What do you call yourself? Funny, you have been a member for over 13 yrs with 500 posts in that time and all of the sudden you are on board patrol with your lib buddies saying the same stupid crap they post over and over and over on every thread.
Geesh, sorry about ribbing your Dad a little bit. Aren’t you supposed to be full time stalking Indy35 & doubleyous?

Calling someone a robot while posting the same thing constantly. I'm sure you don't see the irony.
I'm just following your lead. Propaganda, facts, evidence, dishonesty. Nothing worthwhile of course.

7,700+ posts and still getting nowhere. Amazing.

I provided sources all the time, how delusional can you be?
https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2019/05/trump-reported-2-3-billion-in-income/
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/12/17/us/politics/trump-emoluments-money.html

You claimed he isn't making any money, now you try and prove that you weren't talking out of your ass once again.
@TwinDegrees2 did you find that evidence yet? Something that contradicts Trump’s own disclosures to the Office of Government Ethics?

Reactions: Monkey Pox
Geesh, sorry about ribbing your Dad a little bit. Aren’t you supposed to be full time stalking Indy35 & doubleyous?
Right, excuse me for being curious but you apparently have been a long time member that didnt post for years and suddenly posting everywhere. Why is the question of why so hard to answer? Seems pretty obvious that that W and 35 are very upset having people on here that post truth vs their crap of thinking they own the board . So PUB answer the question? You a Cicada?

Lol. No, he gets no salary from Trump businesses right now as president. The money goes into the business......which he owns......which he can take a salary from after he leaves office. Do you really not understand that?
But....right now he gets nothing. And gives his salary back to a charity every quarter. Can you not temper your hate that much to admit he's doing a good thing by donating it? BTW....he's required to take $1.00 every quarter.

@TwinDegrees2 did you find that evidence yet? Something that contradicts Trump’s own disclosures to the Office of Government Ethics?
Brother, have you ever been to a brothel? Do you understand why there are brothels? They're in business because guys like you can't get laid for free. Trump takes no money while in office from his business. Just like Carter took no money while in office. Difference between Cousin Jimmy and DJT is that Jimmy was pretty much an idiot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT