ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers for Rush

Obviously, more than you.

Trump's family members work in the family real estate/construction business and they were wealthy, before Trump became President..
Biden has been a politician for 50 years and leveraged his position to make his family members rich. Biden was broke, when he got into politics, but he's a multimillionaire now.

Confused by your response...are you saying it's only okay to leverage your political position for personal/familial gain if you already had money? Or are you saying it's only okay if what you are doing is related to your profession prior to taking office?

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in blaming Biden for doing it and not caring that the President does. In both cases it's unethical and in both cases the $hit stinks.

Meanwhile while I'm at work I can't offer to buy a public school teacher lunch because that could be considered a bribe.

I tend to be independent in my thinking, and don’t get caught up in the latest and best story of the moment. I knew I should not have posted here, because these sorts of discussions fail on so many points. Often, you must choose a side, and defend it with vehemence that leaves balance and logic behind. I truly dislike that sort of irrational nonsense. Much of what you post seems to reflect a strong opinion, but little else. That is why I find you over the top, so to speak. I don’t mean to insult you, but I find that Dems that foam that way are truly detrimental to the success of the party. Independent thinkers like me look at this stuff and think WTF.

For example, you defend your position by quoting some poll about 60%. Is that a logical conclusion drawn from facts? Which facts are you believing and which are you discounting? All I get from you is the party line. Which norms and rules has Trump disregarded? Which institutions has he disparaged? It seems the FBI did some bad things and violated rules around FISA warrants. Maybe they deserved some heat?

My number one factual beef with Trump is his redirection of funds to build the wall. Had we a functioning government, the House Dems would have allocated funds for the wall. They didn't and I think the president should has respected that decision. However the courts upheld his authority to do what he did, so the point is mute.

I would like to promote a balanced and rational discussion with actual facts and logic, rather than throwing platitude at each other.

:cool:

Are you going to use your "facts and logic" as an "independent thinker" to go after the multitude of right-wing gibberish on this board, or are you only concerned with "your Democrats"?

Are you going to use your "facts and logic" as an "independent thinker" to go after the multitude of right-wing gibberish on this board, or are you only concerned with "your Democrats"?
Point some out to me. I would very much like to engage in a healthy & respectful debate.

The problem with this thread, and with any political thread on here, is that no matter what position I take, I am bound to piss off fellow Boilermakers. I respect everyone's right to hold their political opinions, and perhaps I should just keep mine to myself. This is a period of almost violent and diverse opinions on politics. It is fueled by talk media that must find controversy to attract viewers. I could yell "It's a set up!" but few would listen. Ugh!

If I stop participating in this debate, it will because I respect other Boilermakers' opinions and see no need to attempt to change minds that are already set in mental concrete.

Boiler Up!

Last edited:
And how history will remember the impeachment is up for debate.
Will it be remembered as a failed attempt to remove a POTUS who overstepped his authority?
Or will it be remembered as a Political Cue by the opposition party because they despised the POTUS and held the majority in the House.
I

I don't think middle school and high school textbooks will remember it as anything but an impeached president. There is too much history to be covered to go into anything as detailed as you are suggesting.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
Reactions: Bill4411
It is this kind of crap that makes me crazy. Why does Putin and Trump have any common dependence?
"This kind of crap" ?? And you went back 80 posts to read the original post from 11:17 P.M., Thursday, that generated my 2 subsequent posts, including the above ?? If not, then who the f__ are you to characterize anything as "crap", not knowing it might be only something in a one-to-one conversation that you jumped into ??
Lighten up. No desire to have to do another similar clarification.

You goofballs still talking impeachment? It’s over, move on.

We are discussing the history of impeachment of U.S. presidents. Apparently we are "moving on" more quickly than Trump! Also, I did not call you a name and I expect the same respect from posters so ciao.

We are discussing the history of impeachment of U.S. presidents. Apparently we are "moving on" more quickly than Trump! Also, I did not call you a name and I expect the same respect from posters so ciao.
Ah, gotcha. And that’s exactly what the impeachment of Trump is now, history. Thanks, Beth!

This just in:

EVERYTHING that happened before this very moment is "over" .
That would include the imaginary scandals involving the Bidens. " Move on ".
Please edit your future post content accordingly.
You don’t have to reply to every single one of my posts FYI.

No U.S. president has ever been impeached and removed by Senate. Nixon resigned before that happened.
The Republican's were turning on Nixon once the transcripts of the White House tapes were released. If Nixon had not released those tapes I doubt that he would have had to leave but people like Barry Goldwater and other party members told him it was either resign or be removed. Things were definitely different in that era.

The Republican's were turning on Nixon once the transcripts of the White House tapes were released. If Nixon had not released those tapes I doubt that he would have had to leave but people like Barry Goldwater and other party members told him it was either resign or be removed. Things were definitely different in that era.
Right wing propaganda machine hadn’t been spun up yet. If Fox News existed back then, Nixon would have had no problem at all.

LOL if the Dems remain in control of the House, you may be right. In the meantime, he'll be Keeping America Great
Maxine Waters won’t stop until the eight great years are over. Her and the homeless looking guy, Al Green. What a crew.

LOL if the Dems remain in control of the House, you may be right. In the meantime, he'll be Keeping America Great
The only thing we’re the best at right now is borrowing money. The stock market is high, but that bubble will burst at some point and we’ve robbed ourselves of one of the most effective tools for dealing with the aftermath

The other 319,999,999 Americans will probably make a greater contribution, in that regard.

Unfortunately a lot of people take what Rush said verbatim as legitimate news and his successors like Alex Jones and Dana Loesch. If you only listen to these types of shows it completely warps your mind because a lot of it is just propaganda.

Rush is NOT news he's commentary & entertainment.

The same can be said about a steady diet of CNN & MSNBC. There is little news and a lot of hysterics & propaganda. I watch FOX the most, since they have a steady stream of reasonably articulate Liberals on there to give more balance to the arguments. I'll watch CNN & MSNBC occasionally, but the hand wringing and hyperbole get old fast. I watch the Sunday morning talking heads, which provides a fair amount of perspective.

If the subject is Trump, anyone that says nothing good about him or nothing bad about him is suspect, since NONE of us is all good or all bad. The same applies to the parties, as well. The Dems are not all good or all bad, nor are the Reps. Anyone that is objective can appreciate that. We all have to recognize that the people in both parties may have differing views, but that does not make either of them evil.

Reactions: mathboy and BSIT
You're actually putting commentary from CNN & MSNBC in the same category as the demonstrable
depraved trash that came out of Limbaugh's mouth, for 30+ years ?? Fat Boy set records for incivility
and coarseness that will never be challenged. ( Conservative commentary, on the radio, has had hundreds of practitioners that have honorably informed the public discourse over the years, on radio. The typical Limbaugh listener became the loudest " lock-her-up" Trump rally fanatic)

Have you watched CNN & MSNBC lately? You call those rants civil? Just because they tell you what you want to hear, you overlook the hysterics & hyperbole.

Have you watched CNN & MSNBC lately? You call those rants civil? Just because they tell you what you want to hear, you overlook the hysterics & hyperbole.
I don't know what to say. I'm at a loss.
Civility/Coarseness: Rush Limbaugh vs Cable News. ?
Twilight Zone.
Goodnight.

Reactions: Monkey Pox
The only thing we’re the best at right now is borrowing money. The stock market is high, but that bubble will burst at some point and we’ve robbed ourselves of one of the most effective tools for dealing with the aftermath

Were you this concerned when Obama doubled the National Debt in 8 years, or are you upset now, because Trump's doing it too?

Reactions: BSIT
Confused by your response...are you saying it's only okay to leverage your political position for personal/familial gain if you already had money? Or are you saying it's only okay if what you are doing is related to your profession prior to taking office?

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in blaming Biden for doing it and not caring that the President does. In both cases it's unethical and in both cases the $hit stinks.

Meanwhile while I'm at work I can't offer to buy a public school teacher lunch because that could be considered a bribe.

You're confused, because you're making an incorrect supposition. Explain where Trump is making money from the Presidency? He's donated his $450K salary to charity every year. Where has he used his office or influence to make him or his family wealthier. Ivanka isn't getting paid. None of the sons are getting paid from the government or any government contracts. Where is he manipulating the system, like Biden did?

Reactions: BSIT
"This kind of crap" ?? And you went back 80 posts to read the original post from 11:17 P.M., Thursday, that generated my 2 subsequent posts, including the above ?? If not, then who the f__ are you to characterize anything as "crap", not knowing it might be only something in a one-to-one conversation that you jumped into ??
Lighten up. No desire to have to do another similar clarification.

He recognizes your posts for what they are.
I know you think you're brilliant, but you really do say a lot of dumb things in an effort to be provocative. Throttle back and quit trying to be the Dems Holy Avenger, swooping in to vanquish us poor ignerent Republicans. Try being more civil and less arrogant and I'll cut you some slack.

Reactions: mathboy

Nixon resigned because he didn't want to drag the country through an impeachment. Clinton set the new standard.
Hopefully, this won't be the new normal, but the current House set the bar really low.
All you need now is a simple majority and a vivid imagination and you can impeach anyone.

Were you this concerned when Obama doubled the National Debt in 8 years, or are you upset now, because Trump's doing it too?
Yes, I’ve been concerned about the national debt since George W Bush. It’s going to be a huge problem, but the boomers keep borrowing money to fight pointless wars in the Middle East and to give people tax cuts. My generation is going to be stuck with the mess of figuring out how to pay that down.

You're confused, because you're making an incorrect supposition. Explain where Trump is making money from the Presidency? He's donated his $450K salary to charity every year. Where has he used his office or influence to make him or his family wealthier. Ivanka isn't getting paid. None of the sons are getting paid from the government or any government contracts. Where is he manipulating the system, like Biden did?
Taking constant vacations to his properties puts money right into his pocket.

Reactions: Boilerup8986
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT