ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers for Rush

A quick anecdote, my father-in-law (a fairly opinionated liberal Democrat) was a dean at Indiana State University for several years back in the late '90's / early '00's. Some students approached him and asked if he would be chairman for the Rush Committee for the Fraternity that he had belonged to / was an alumni of. It turned out to be the "Rush Limbaugh Committee" and he didn't find that out until the first meeting. To his credit, he performed the task as required and started watching / listening to Rush's broadcasts so that he could execute his role faithfully, even if he disagreed with almost every word that came out of Rush's mouth. I think he was chairman for three years before finding someone to pass it off to.

Reactions: BSIT
A quick anecdote, my father-in-law (a fairly opinionated liberal Democrat) was a dean at Indiana State University for several years back in the late '90's / early '00's. Some students approached him and asked if he would be chairman for the Rush Committee for the Fraternity that he had belonged to / was an alumni of. It turned out to be the "Rush Limbaugh Committee" and he didn't find that out until the first meeting. To his credit, he performed the task as required and started watching / listening to Rush's broadcasts so that he could execute his role faithfully, even if he disagreed with almost every word that came out of Rush's mouth. I think he was chairman for three years before finding someone to pass it off to.
Great story. I thought you were going to say Rush caused him to go from liberal to conservative. TIC

“We’re all human” except for the people you constantly dehumanize. He’s a racist, scumbag, and his passing will be a net gain for the world. And I don’t care what any of you think. F*ck your feelings, snowflake

“We’re all human” except for the people you constantly dehumanize. He’s a racist, scumbag, and his passing will be a net gain for the world. And I don’t care what any of you think. F*ck your feelings, snowflake
Wow you're pretty ignorant regarding Rush

Reactions: atlboiler2156
LOL, I bet neither he or MANelson85 even know who James Golden is
Ha! Of course not. And remember, anybody who is a Conservative must be hated. You know the rules of that “tolerant” left. They know the “facts” and you better listen or else.

Imagine being that angry all of the time. It has to be exhausting.

There are reasons not to like him that have nothing to do with politics or political beliefs. Rush Limbaugh vehemently denied the health risks of smoking. I hope that no one who listened to him believed that second-hand smoke does not damage anyone. In fact, he denied that actually smoking did harm. He even said that we should be grateful for the taxes that cigarette companies pay.

There are reasons not to like him that have nothing to do with politics or political beliefs. Rush Limbaugh vehemently denied the health risks of smoking. I hope that no one who listened to him believed that second-hand smoke does not damage anyone. In fact, he denied that actually smoking did harm. He even said that we should be grateful for the taxes that cigarette companies pay.

Agree.

You are being a little over the top with quoting him though.

None the less, Rush didn't treat smoking as the health risk that it is.

You did accurately recall the commentary from the years Mr. Limbaugh took the side of the tobacco industry, at the expense of medically proven public health.

More importantly, Bethboilerfan,....We hope that this post signals your re-emergence on the General Discussion Forum....a place that can always benefit from your civility and decorum !!

As I've stated before, YOU wouldn't know a fact if it bit you in the ass. Your posts are all the same....every time.
You say that but continue to post utter delusions that aren't even close to reality. How did Obama try to destroy organized religion? You never explained that. How many counties did Clinton win in 2016 again? Dumbass. Notice how you can never actually point out any factual inaccuracies in my posts in the threads that we've had? You conservatives are so blinded by the propaganda machine you believe everything your fascist masters say.

Reactions: doubleyous
You say that but continue to post utter delusions that aren't even close to reality. How did Obama try to destroy organized religion? You never explained that. How many counties did Clinton win in 2016 again? Dumbass. Notice how you can never actually point out any factual inaccuracies in my posts in the threads that we've had? You conservatives are so blinded by the propaganda machine you believe everything your fascist masters say.
In what can only be described as one of the most crowded fields in history, the list of "Twin's Greatest Hits"...(i.e. his most ridiculous)....still has "Obama tried to destroy organized religion"...solidly in his All-time Top 5.
Like others,.....still waiting for his "evidence".

You’re the poster child for the ignorant conservative. I care about facts. Rush is a propagandist.

There is NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE that spews more propaganda than you. Your maniacal rants are hilariously entertaining, because you obviously never think, since you're so programmed to belch out your talking points...LOL

There is NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE that spews more propaganda than you. Your maniacal rants are hilariously entertaining, because you obviously never think, since you're so programmed to belch out your talking points...LOL
My god, you perfectly describe yourself every time you go on one of your rants. I can't remember since so many of you guys were repeating it, were you one of those that thought Republicans weren't allowed in the "secret meetings", weren't allowed to call any witnesses, and weren't allowed to cross examine? Somehow all of you guys absorbed those complete lies without question.

I didn’t know Rush Limbaugh lived on a wind farm. Thoughts are with him.
I laughed. I probably shouldn't have. But I laughed.

BTW, it is now being reported that Trump is considering awarding Rush the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Ummm…...wow.

The medal is awarded to someone for "an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors." I suppose you could argue he has made a "cultural" contribution, but this one seems to be pushing it a little. I give it about three hours until we hear from Bill Maher demanding his medal.

BTW, it is now being reported that Trump is considering awarding Rush the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Ummm…...wow.

The medal is awarded to someone for "an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors." I suppose you could argue he has made a "cultural" contribution, but this one seems to be pushing it a little. I give it about three hours until we hear from Bill Maher demanding his medal.
Biden got one so.....

Biden got one so.....
snoopy-red-baron.gif

Ummm…...wow.

Trump WHAT ??!!
The fecal matter will hit the oscillating appliance.

Biden got one so.....
Actually, I rescind my previous statement. Not because of the Biden part, but I looked up all the recipients of the Medal of Freedom and there were a lot more actors and musicians on that list than I thought. I believed it was a bit more of a higher standard to receive, but I was wrong.

Ummm…...wow.

BIll Maher would have to bend over to get his.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT