ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern at Purdue: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

That foul call at the end made up for some of the no calls on Edey and some of the terrible calls against Gillis.

Reactions: Schnelk
Bringing it and very much needed. Not just in the box score either.

images
nect year if Mason wants to stay let Furst go

Reactions: MetMyWifeAtHarrys
The complainers were out in force in this thread, but this was a great win! Edey’s free throws were not falling and Northwestern could not miss for most of the game, but Purdue never panicked and gutted it out!
When NW took a lead in the 2nd half I bailed on the board because I knew what was coming.

Reactions: goboilers2
Did Buie get a tech for telling the ref "ya'll choked"? I'm not a lip reader but that's what it looked like to me.

The game can be looked at differently. Our guards continually got beat off the dribble, we needed a ton of ft's or we missed a ton of ft's and they needed to shoot lights out. Bottom line....we got the W.
Most of the shots today were made 3's. Not putting that on our guards getting beat.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
When NW took a lead in the 2nd half I bailed on the board because I knew what was coming.
There was some doubters, even some crying about the refs (laughable) I guess they want a 50-6 free throw advantage. Purdue gutted it out, off with the free throws, it happens. Also, NW is a good team, they freaking battle, I like them.

Reactions: Abugabby
I feel like if they put Mason on the line at the end and said "shoot until you miss" we would have won by 30.

Wow what a game. NW is such a good offensive team. Yes if we hit fts like normal there is no OT but damn full credit to the three headed monster of Biue, Langborg and Berry for pushing Purdue as hard as anyone at home this year. Outstanding offensive effort from them.

I knew NW would bring it hard tonight and they did.

But this game is Braden Smith's. Dropping dimes and making plays EVERY second he was in the game. Unreal PG play. This game is his best possible response to all of the haters/doubters. Oh yeah I think Edey played something like 43/45 minutes tonight. His stamina is unheard of for a player as big as he is!

BTFU WHAT A WIN!!!

The game can be looked at differently. Our guards continually got beat off the dribble, we needed a ton of ft's or we missed a ton of ft's and they needed to shoot lights out. Bottom line....we got the W.
Yes, big freaking win, I’m thrilled the Boilers got it. NW is a good team, they never quit I know that!

Reactions: DrEss
Thankfully after Buie made the 3 over Edey, he did not shoot for about 5 possessions in a row. That helped big time. Maybe he was tired, who knows.

Reactions: Abugabby
Most of the shots today were made 3's. Not putting that on our guards getting beat.
You do understand off the dribble and dribble drive are 2 different things...correct? They actually did both and got into the paint a bunch.

Man the NW fans running to blame the refs. In the plays leading up to that there was a double dribble by Boie, Braden Smith was tackled and Gillis got called for a phantom foul. YES, wild Free Throw disparity but NW hacks the ENTIRE game with almost reckless abandon. It's their strategy. To blame the loss on that one call (we were still leading the game by the way) is insanity. lolol

You do understand off the dribble and dribble drive are 2 different things...correct? They actually did both and got into the paint a bunch.
Paint shots were at the end and OT. Want nearly as bad as it normally is.

Man the NW fans running to blame the refs. In the plays leading up to that there was a double dribble by Boie, Braden Smith was tackled and Gillis got called for a phantom foul. YES, wild Free Throw disparity but NW hacks the ENTIRE game with almost reckless abandon. It's their strategy. To blame the loss on that one call (we were still leading the game by the way) is insanity. lolol
Correct, however, we had fans on here bitching about the refs, that’s the nature of these things, it’s always the refs fault when things go bad. I thought the refs were fine, they blew a few both ways, Purdue got some home cooking, happens on every home court gym.

Collins went full clown mode at the end. Should be suspended a game or two. You cannot just walk on the court and verbally assault the ref while rushing at him while the kids are still playing.

Him revving the crowd up at the end was the deal breaker for me, lost all respect. Total man child.

I hope we face NW in the BTT. You get you moneys worth for sure. Wow. 2 OT games. It's a real rivalry from the NW side. Collins turned into a clown and Boo Buie was flipping off the fans leaving the court. Classy. We better be ready to shoot free throws next time... I think Northwestern is big mad. :D

I hope we face NW in the BTT. You get you moneys worth for sure. Wow. 2 OT games. It's a real rivalry from the NW side. Collins turned into a clown and Boo Buie was flipping off the fans leaving the court. Classy. We better be ready to shoot free throws next time... I think Northwestern is big mad. :D
if Boo did that he's a douche, that 24 yr old should be playing elsewhere

It was a hook foul, Purdue got a break on that one, that’s why Collins got the boot.
To me it looked like the defender kicked his knee out to dislodge Jones a clear path. I know what Hummel said but his knee was out there instead of actually being in front of Jones.

Reactions: Boiler8285
I don’t want to see them solely so Zach isn’t injured or hurting from playing them. Their strategy was hack a Zach (worked cuz he didn’t hit FTs) and dare refs to call the fouls. They called a good amount but still missed a bunch.

Also love that Collins went at Courtney Greene. Just told him what we all want to tell him…that he sucks at his job

Really? You want to play the team that nearly swept us and took borderline luck to win at home?

I would rather not see them again this year, they have our number.

Reactions: seminolesboilers
Yeah how did Boo get away with that blatant double dribble?! Also Collins was on the floor not once but two trips down the floor toward the end…he was on the floor and had to avoid the ball as it went out of bounds, right before the “controversial” play where Lance got fouled

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT