ADVERTISEMENT

Next years starting 5

I have not read all of this thread. RUMOR has it that Purdue could do this to land Carey Booth.
Interesting…I guess my questions would be (not trying to come off mean)

1. Where would he fit? We are log jammed everywhere, especially in the front court

2. Why would he come here? (I would assume to be developed by Coach Brantley? And maybe shrews put it in a good word?)

Reactions: oldboiler52
Seeing how some people think Fletch is a starter is hilarious and shows me that you guys are never serious about hanging banners.

This school is a joke. The world was laughing at you Monday. Haha, “we are f*****g winners”.

No that’s UConn, UCLA, Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina, you know schools that hang banners.

Zach, you and the rest of the school, you are just losers. You proved it once again.
Keep saying that over and over again until you believe it. The only joke I have seen today is you. Someone that trolls on others teams sites obviously is the biggest lover there is. Go to the bar a drink your shitty life away. Indiana and UCLA wishes they had a program like Purdue right now. Go away loser you are not wanted here.

First about walkons. Furst’s brother was a walkon. King was a walkon. Two other guys were walkons. Didn’t Painter sign two more walkons for next year? How many walkons do we actually need? The answer is probably 0. But Painter brings them in anyway.

As for Smith, how many games did he really get into foul trouble? 2? 3? I could see someone playing PG to back him up like Morton did. But I really can’t see recruiting a PG to be a Backup pg. can’t Cox, or Harris or Benter be Smith’s backup PG? Couldn’t Loyer move over to be a pg for a few minutes?

A lot of posters here seem to love Myles and Heide and Harris And believe they will move into the open spots. But guys like Jacobson and Burgess and Catchings had just as high rankings. It’s not like one player was a top 20 player while the other was a top 200 player.

While not a popular idea on this board, it is possible Jacobson could work his way to becoming our starting center. Or Burgess could work his way to become our starting 4. And TKR could be the starting 4 with Jacobson or the starting 5 with Burgess. While not very popular with posters here, it is possible.

It’s also possible Catchings might start at the 3 and finally eliminating Painter’s 3 guard offense. It would sure be awesome to finally see a forward play the 3 spot at Purdue. That’s his projected pro position so why waste his talents playing the 4?

And that leaves Heide, Myles, Harris and the rest all fighting with Loyer for the 2 spot and backup roles.

I think it would be awesome to have a staring 5 of Jacobson, tkr, Catchings, Loyer and smith With Colvin, Harris, Heide cox and burgess coming off the bench.

Speaking of the portal and potential delay in who else is leaving to make room talk. Saw this from Jeff Goodman. I noticed that Mason and Morton were at some Purdue event even though they had put their names in the portal. Is there a chance with how our NIL is structured the players are waiting to complete their deals and get their last checks before entering? Again, just spitballing.

Reactions: drewjin
People here keep talking about smith needing a backup. The guy would play all 40 minutes every game if painter would let him. Smith doesn’t need a backup at pg
Only if we play full shot clock half court basketball. We start running, which we should with this years lineup, we will need more rest for everyone.

Yeah everyone needs a backup. Smith wants to, play 40 but looks gassed and plays gassed without rest.
His defense will really improve if he gets a few minutes off each half. He's already pretty good, but think he could be a real menace on that end too if he's fresh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT