ADVERTISEMENT

Next years starting 5

Interesting the first two posters leave out 2 year starter, Loyer as a starter who started for a NCRU Purdue. I think he still starts to begin next year.

But if he doesn't, means whomever takes his spot will be in the running for B10 FoY.....as Loyer is pretty darn good.

Interesting the first two posters leave out 2 year starter, Loyer as a starter who started for a NCRU Purdue. I think he still starts to begin next year.

But if he doesn't, means whomever takes his spot will be in the running for B10 FoY.....as Loyer is pretty darn good.
Fletch could be 6th man by later in year, but still get 25 min

Need to come up with 36 points(25 Zach and 11 Lance)………..more create your own and drive in shots…….

Seeing how some people think Fletch is a starter is hilarious and shows me that you guys are never serious about hanging banners.

This school is a joke. The world was laughing at you Monday. Haha, “we are f*****g winners”.

No that’s UConn, UCLA, Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina, you know schools that hang banners.

Zach, you and the rest of the school, you are just losers. You proved it once again.

Please
Seeing how some people think Fletch is a starter is hilarious and shows me that you guys are never serious about hanging banners.

This school is a joke. The world was laughing at you Monday. Haha, “we are f*****g winners”.

No that’s UConn, UCLA, Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina, you know schools that hang banners.

Zach, you and the rest of the school, you are just losers. You proved it once again.
please find another purpose for your life

The coaching staff will have all summer to decide upon the initial starting 5 and then subsequent substitution rotation. We obviously need to replace the points score of Zach and Lance, but also, and maybe more importantly, rebounding.

Editing to add, they will need to try to balance starters and bench production efficiency for both points scored and rebounds.

This is probably crazy to most here, but I would hope Berg improves enough to start both halves and help wear down the opponents starters, then sub as the game dictates, usually with a smaller, more skilled and quicker lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boilerfla
Furst will be the starting center. Doesn’t mean he will get the most minutes there.

His ability to stretch the floor pairs nicely with TKR getting the majority of the post touches. Also allows the team to continue starting the smaller backcourt of Loyer and Smith.

The final piece is Catchings starting at SF.

Harris, Cam, and Colvin are the first off the bench.

Please

please find another purpose for your li

The coaching staff will have all summer to decide upon the initial starting 5 and then subsequent substitution rotation. We obviously need to replace the points score of Zach and Lance, but also, and maybe more importantly, rebounding
Just looking at what the new group might be , l am not CMP , just an old part fan who loves the team , just looking at how the lineup meet change and the way we play , that's all Doc

Reactions: DrEss
Furst will be the starting center. Doesn’t mean he will get the most minutes there.

His ability to stretch the floor pairs nicely with TKR getting the majority of the post touches. Also allows the team to continue starting the smaller backcourt of Loyer and Smith.

The final piece is Catchings starting at SF.

Harris, Cam, and Colvin are the first off the bench.
Could be…

Maybe, is Colvin going to better than Heide? Heide had the head start this year

Is Furst going to be better than Catchings by Big 10 season? I know different positions, but TJR moves to C if Catchings is the deal at 4

Anyway, let’s be thankful they look deep and talented

Maybe, is Colvin going to better than Heide? Heide had the head start this year

Is Furst going to be better than Catchings by Big 10 season? I know different positions, but TJR moves to C if Catchings is the deal at 4

Anyway, let’s be thankful they look deep and talented
I think TKR moves to C anyway, it’s his better position. Curious to see about Berg?

Reactions: drewjin
Lots of Smith rumors on X. Probably baloney, but it would be his best shot for a big payday.

• Wow
Reactions: DrEss

Loyer is a solid player. He's elevated with an Edey who opens things up for him either with open shots or open driving lanes.

The issue/concern is when he doesn't have those. Then IMO he becomes a good player but someone who can be supplanted by a more athletic player.

The door is open for Colvin or Harris to replace him, they have to walk through it though. Loyer can also close the door by working hard on his body to get a little stronger and a little quicker.

I don't think Loyer can just roll out there with no improvement though and keep his starting spot. There is a lot of athletic talent behind him wanting that spot.

At least initially to start the season:

Smith
Colvin (assuming his defense keeps improving which it more than likely will)
Catchings
TKR
Berg

I do not like the idea of TKR as the starting 5 and hate the idea of Furst at the 5.

Heide, Loyer and Harris will all get major time and maybe the kid from MA will spell Smith. I hope Jacobson can be the back up 5 and the 6' 10 true frosh kid back up TKR at the 4.

I want next year to be as much about building the new players into warriors as it is winning. Can make a big run in 2 years if the new players get lots of valuable playing time.

Should be a really fun season!

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Brother, I will take that bet any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Loyer starts for as long as he’s at Purdue and healthy.
I disagree. If Colvin and Heide or anyone else shows ability to create their own shot and play solid defense - Painter will adjust. Loyer is an amazing shooter but he can be a huge liability on defense.

At least initially to start the season:

Smith
Colvin (assuming his defense keeps improving which it more than likely will)
Catchings
TKR
Berg

I do not like the idea of TKR as the starting 5 and hate the idea of Furst at the 5.

Heide, Loyer and Harris will all get major time and maybe the kid from MA will spell Smith. I hope Jacobson can be the back up 5 and the 6' 10 true frosh kid back up TKR at the 4.

I want next year to be as much about building the new players into warriors as it is winning. Can make a big run in 2 years if the new players get lots of valuable playing time.

Should be a really fun season!
I just don't see Berg being ready to start at center

I disagree. If Colvin and Heide or anyone else shows ability to create their own shot and play solid defense - Painter will adjust. Loyer is an amazing shooter but he can be a huge liability on defense.
I know you disagree or you wouldn’t have posted a starting lineup that excludes him 😉 I’ve never seen any factual basis for the narrative that he is a ‘huge liability’ on defense. IMO, and far more importantly in MP’s, that’s blatantly untrue. Are you saying that because he gets targeted at times to get isolated by bigger, more physical guards?

Obviously you’re entitled to your opinion and I’ve posted elsewhere that Fletch needs to improve his body to reach his potential. I just don’t see a two year full time starter and very productive player being displaced.

I know you disagree or you wouldn’t have posted a starting lineup that excludes him 😉 I’ve never seen any factual basis for the narrative that he is a ‘huge liability’ on defense. IMO, and far more importantly in MP’s, that’s blatantly untrue. Are you saying that because he gets targeted at times to get isolated by bigger, more physical guards?

Obviously you’re entitled to your opinion and I’ve posted elsewhere that Fletch needs to improve his body to reach his potential. I just don’t see a two year full time starter and very productive player being displaced.
We switched our defense in every game to put hide him or put him on the least likely scoring threat. Teams specially isolate on him because he gets beat frequently. The flopping and falling show he tries to sell his lack of physicality on both sides of the ball.

Said it elsewhere, it might not be easy for him, but adding 10-15 lbs of muscle in the off-season will go a long way. Find the trainer Braden used to put on 50lbs in high school. Half kidding but he should call up Dakota and ask him to mentor him on the defensive side. Dakota made up for lack of quickness by knowing his opponent inside and out. He excelled at being in the right place on defense.

We switched our defense in every game to put hide him or put him on the least likely scoring threat. Teams specially isolate on him because he gets beat frequently. The flopping and falling show he tries to sell his lack of physicality on both sides of the ball.

Said it elsewhere, it might not be easy for him, but adding 10-15 lbs of muscle in the off-season will go a long way. Find the trainer Braden used to put on 50lbs in high school. Half kidding but he should call up Dakota and ask him to mentor him on the defensive side. Dakota made up for lack of quickness by knowing his opponent inside and out. He excelled at being in the right place on defense.
I don't think your first point is true. We typically put Lance on the opposing team's best offensive threat but Fletch and Braden typically (not always) then took positional assignments. Does he lack physicality and get overpowered at times? Absolutely. None of that is even close to the same as being a 'huge liability' on defense.

I have said the exact same thing as you regarding 10 to 15 pounds of muscle doing him a world of good, I couldn't agree more. I also agree that Fletch could benefit from really taking pride in scouting and prep on defense the way that DM and Rayday did.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

The mental steam pressure in this hill jack is HIGH!
I think he might blow!
And spew little "we suck" pieces of red and white all over the room.
Wait for it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT