ADVERTISEMENT

ND's Brian Kelly Admits What We All Thought

Man, you sure do know college basketball... it explains A LOT; it explains why Bob Knight had a winning record against Gene Keady and why Clappy the Clown has a winning record versus Matt Painter!

Now that you have been caught in an obvious, delusional lie, we can surmise that you have lied elsewhere in your post above. We can also take it as Bryant was "kellied"! LOL

Time for you losers to put up another statue:

Unsportsmanlike_Conduct_Jesus_zps0022db95.jpg

Why don't you do a little bit of research before making yourself sound like an even bigger dufus than you previously have done:

1. Tom Crean does not own a winning record vs. Matt Painter. In fact, since Tom Crean took hold of the IU job in the spring of 2008, Matt Painter has beaten Tom Crean with a record of 8-4.
2. Bob Knight did not have a winning record against Gene Keady. From the 1981 to the end of the 2000 season (Gene's first and Knight's last), Purdue held a 21-20 advantage.

***Numbers for these victories were taken from this webpage: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana–Purdue_rivalry ***

The University to our north has publicly returned to the dark days of cheating Lou Holtz. Kelly and the Football Office has had different admission standards than the rest of the school which many of us had thought happened when he took the job but this was his first public statement today! Only one or two of his current scholarship players would have been admitted to THE UNIVERSITY if they had to qualify under the admission standards like the rest of the students there! Lou left or was fired when THE UNIVERSITY was tired of some of the problems associated with his low admission standards players and returned the decision to the Admissions Office and to the same standards for all back in the day!
Paul Horning and several other former athletes, who played at a time when the NCAA didn't delve into academics all that much, called for the relaxation of admittance standards for student athletes. Northwestern's football success is largely due to their doing the same thing probably 20 years ago. Many Duke students were quoted a long time ago as being upset that not only do athletes get favorable admission standards, they also get a lot more independent study classes than regular students. Ergo, this is pretty much commonplace at private schools that for the most part have high admission standards.

Paul Horning and several other former athletes, who played at a time when the NCAA didn't delve into academics all that much, called for the relaxation of admittance standards for student athletes. Northwestern's football success is largely due to their doing the same thing probably 20 years ago. Many Duke students were quoted a long time ago as being upset that not only do athletes get favorable admission standards, they also get a lot more independent study classes than regular students. Ergo, this is pretty much commonplace at private schools that for the most part have high admission standards.
That's fine but many ND fans have to get off their high academic horse as they just another football factory, by the some have not such as Stanford and still compete just fine with the Big Boys!

Why don't you do a little bit of research before making yourself sound like an even bigger dufus than you previously have done:

1. Tom Crean does not own a winning record vs. Matt Painter. In fact, since Tom Crean took hold of the IU job in the spring of 2008, Matt Painter has beaten Tom Crean with a record of 8-4.
2. Bob Knight did not have a winning record against Gene Keady. From the 1981 to the end of the 2000 season (Gene's first and Knight's last), Purdue held a 21-20 advantage.

***Numbers for these victories were taken from this webpage: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana–Purdue_rivalry ***

Wow, REALLY?? I had NO idea on either count, so I stand corrected; it's obvious that only you knew otherwise, since no one else refuted my silly, irresponsible claims the past four weeks! Thank you so much for setting me straight.

You, like ProudToBeND, must know an awful lot about college basketball AND sarcasm!

sarcasm_zpsvjguk9sj.jpg

The best part about this IrishBlooded - I am from Indiana - tons of friends that went to Purdue. I would drive down to West LaLa all the time when Notre Dame played Purdue. All my buddies that attended Purdue were Notre Dame Football fans. Would wear the ND Shirt on GameDay at their own frats.

The truth of the matter is: IU was really good at basketball and so was Notre Dame - at the same time. If you were born in the Hoosier state, it was kind of natural to root for both. Purdue, well, they kind of suck at everything athletic wise. I am not an IU basketball fan - and it is always a pleasure beating IU, as well as Purdue, in the Crossroad match-up.

Look, it has been almost a decade since Purdue has beaten Notre Dame in anything. Women's and Men's basketball curb stomps them consistently. Football is usually a decent game, but they have not won since 2007. Over the last 30 years - six times. I get why they are upset.

You guys consistently curb-stomp us in basketball? Is that why Digger Phelps refused to play us?

I'm curious: how many of the ND posters here actually received their degree from there?

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

The best part about this IrishBlooded - I am from Indiana - tons of friends that went to Purdue. I would drive down to West LaLa all the time when Notre Dame played Purdue. All my buddies that attended Purdue were Notre Dame Football fans. Would wear the ND Shirt on GameDay at their own frats.

The truth of the matter is: IU was really good at basketball and so was Notre Dame - at the same time. If you were born in the Hoosier state, it was kind of natural to root for both. Purdue, well, they kind of suck at everything athletic wise. I am not an IU basketball fan - and it is always a pleasure beating IU, as well as Purdue, in the Crossroad match-up.

Look, it has been almost a decade since Purdue has beaten Notre Dame in anything. Women's and Men's basketball curb stomps them consistently. Football is usually a decent game, but they have not won since 2007. Over the last 30 years - six times. I get why they are upset.
Well if Purdue sucks so badly,how come they own a 25 win advantage over the Loosiers in hoops and have beaten them three times in a row?Its only natural to root for IU in basketball and ND in football if you don't have the fortitude to back a team through thick and thin.

Reactions: ghostoffatjack
Lizzie that got her boobie touched while making out with Shembo?? Lulz. And the QB that had to SIT OUT AN ENTIRE YEAR?? Yeah, that's ridiculous, huh? If it happened at an SEC school they would have made him run some stairs. Oh wait, no chance of it happening ta an SEC school because they aren't actually required to attend class. You people are trying WAAAYY too hard.
Yup it's confirmed. You're twelve.

The University to our north has publicly returned to the dark days of cheating Lou Holtz. Kelly and the Football Office has had different admission standards than the rest of the school which many of us had thought happened when he took the job but this was his first public statement today! Only one or two of his current scholarship players would have been admitted to THE UNIVERSITY if they had to qualify under the admission standards like the rest of the students there! Lou left or was fired when THE UNIVERSITY was tired of some of the problems associated with his low admission standards players and returned the decision to the Admissions Office and to the same standards for all back in the day!

of course its different. Do you know how hard it is to get into ND? You have to have a very high GPA and SAT score to even have a chance b/c so many people apply. Probably many of the athletes in ALL sports wouldnt get in if it wasnt for sports not just football.

of course its different. Do you know how hard it is to get into ND? You have to have a very high GPA and SAT score to even have a chance b/c so many people apply. Probably many of the athletes in ALL sports wouldnt get in if it wasnt for sports not just football.
don't really know about Kelley, but it looks like The Horns made a bad hire, he looks clueless.

don't really know about Kelley, but it looks like The Horns made a bad hire, he looks clueless.

I think most ND fans are looking at this year to see if BK is ever gonna be an elite coach. So far he's been a slightly above average coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT