ADVERTISEMENT

Morton commits to Colorado State

Cupps will see some minutes as a backup point. 10 minutes would be good for him. He was thrown into a spot he wasn't near ready for last season. He will be in a better role next season. He works his butt off, he can play more. But he's still better than Morton.

Cupps will see some minutes as a backup point. 10 minutes would be good for him. He was thrown into a spot he wasn't near ready for last season. He will be in a better role next season. He works his butt off, he can play more. But he's still better than Morton.
He won’t be at IU after this year. And how will he see 10 mins? He will be the 10-12th guy in the rotation.

And he’s not better than Morton. If anything he’s Morton 2.0.

Morton would shut him down so fast and blow by that kid…but it’d be great to see that 1 on 1 action. Cupps is now recruited over and probably will transfer next year, as will Newton, as they are both about to not see much mins, unless in mop up duty.
Cupps was an idiot to think he could play at IU. Far over-rated when Woody signed him on the advice of an assistant.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Cupps was an idiot to think he could play at IU. Far over-rated when Woody signed him on the advice of an assistant.
Some at IU said he’d be better than Braden Smith and had a higher ball IQ than Smith….and then he got recruited over and won’t see the floor this year or next

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
No. But he just isn't good. That's why he only played 10mpg this past season because there were finally better options for Painter to go with. Does anyone understand what it would take for him to become All-conference in the MWC? Morton couldn't be all-conference in the MAAC.
The poster wished him well. That's it. It's ok for people to say nice things about our former players however irrational they might be. Stop thought policing our board.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
He won’t be at IU after this year. And how will he see 10 mins? He will be the 10-12th guy in the rotation.

And he’s not better than Morton. If anything he’s Morton 2.0.
He may or may not be at IU. Hard to say. He's probably still getting a pretty penny. But Indianas guards are Rice, Carlyle, Galloway, Leal, Cupps and Newton right now. Him playing 10 minutes will depend on the jump he makes. If he can become a 3pt threat, he will play. He shot pretty well percentage wise last season, he just never shot it.

He may or may not be at IU. Hard to say. He's probably still getting a pretty penny. But Indianas guards are Rice, Carlyle, Galloway, Leal, Cupps and Newton right now. Him playing 10 minutes will depend on the jump he makes. If he can become a 3pt threat, he will play. He shot pretty well percentage wise last season, he just never shot it.
How do you see the minutes breakdown between all these guys?

How do you see the minutes breakdown between all these guys?
There's 80 minutes to split between the 1-2 spots. Galloway will probably get 20-25 at the 2 off the bench I'd assume. Rice and Carlyle will be in the 20-30 area. Like I said, Cupps playing 10min a game will depend on what kind of jump he makes. Especially as a shooting threat. Thankfully, Woodson isn't just putting all his stock in Johnson and Galloway. It'll be Rice, Carlyle, Cupps that can play the 1. Rice, Carlyle, Galloway, Tucker, Newton that can play the 2. Last year it was Galloway, Cupps and Leal at the 1 and 2 for a lot of the year.

There's 80 minutes to split between the 1-2 spots. Galloway will probably get 20-25 at the 2 off the bench I'd assume. Rice and Carlyle will be in the 20-30 area. Like I said, Cupps playing 10min a game will depend on what kind of jump he makes. Especially as a shooting threat. Thankfully, Woodson isn't just putting all his stock in Johnson and Galloway. It'll be Rice, Carlyle, Cupps that can play the 1. Rice, Carlyle, Galloway, Tucker, Newton that can play the 2. Last year it was Galloway, Cupps and Leal at the 1 and 2 for a lot of the year.
I’m going to guess he’s closer to 5 mins a game.

I can’t see him playing much as the 10th guy in the rotation. Teams go at most 9,and that’s pushing it, towards conference play and end of year.

I’d assume it’d be :

Rice
Carlyle
Mbgkao
Reneau
Ballo
Galloway
Tucker
Goode
Big to back up Ballo and Reneau
Cupps/Newton
Leal

Not sure how he will get 10 min or really how Goode can make a big impact for IU…especially when Woodson doesn’t value the 3—maybe that changes this year.

I’m going to guess he’s closer to 5 mins a game.

I can’t see him playing much as the 10th guy in the rotation. Teams go at most 9,and that’s pushing it, towards conference play and end of year.

I’d assume it’d be :

Rice
Carlyle
Mbgkao
Reneau
Ballo
Galloway
Tucker
Goode
Big to back up Ballo and Reneau
Cupps/Newton
Leal

Not sure how he will get 10 min or really how Goode can make a big impact for IU…especially when Woodson doesn’t value the 3—maybe that changes this year.
At this point, I'm not sure there will be a big man backup that'll really ever play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT