ADVERTISEMENT

Morton vs. Burns ?

All’s well that ends well!

And I guess my point was, is putting Morton on Burns any crazier than putting Braden on Knecht?
I think it is if you have Caleb as a choice between the two. Ethan would not fall for the old man craft as much as Caleb might, but Caleb has length, quickness and is a horse on the boards and can run the court. The effectiveness of O might be similar. Now if Ethan could effectively front, which Purdue pretty much has never done in years of play, then maybe Ethan.

Now someone named Braden, Lance or Fletcher were going to have Knecht. You could make an argument for Fletch having a bit more height on the perimeter instead of Braden or Lance. Fletch as an individual defensive player I don't think is as strong as Lance or Braden (but not as bad as some believe either) and if that is the choice and you have Lance as the best defender...do you put him on Kneicht or try to take advantage of him on the PG and try to make it more difficult for their offense to get going helping the whole team? Just opinions and advantages to different things IMO. What do you hope to get and what are you willing to give up comes into play again.

I actually think Loyer has been fairly decent on the defensive end during the tournament. Not great but solid and playing smart!
I agree. He's working hard and fighting thru screens better than he ever has. He'll never be a lockdown defender but he hasn't been a net negative. He had a couple of steals against Tennessee too, including a big strip of Knecht in the 2nd half.

Reactions: tjreese
I agree. He's working hard and fighting thru screens better than he ever has. He'll never be a lockdown defender but he hasn't been a net negative. He had a couple of steals against Tennessee too, including a big strip of Knecht in the 2nd half.
Fletch knows the game. He typically knows what to do even if sometimes his body doesn't oblige

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT