ADVERTISEMENT

Man enough to admit I'm wrong

Sadly, looks like Trump is going to win. Bad news for this country, but the rural white male has one more election left in them it looks like.

Feel free to gloat.
It appears the following things happened:

1) Trump did much better with white women than expected. (He only lost 48-44% to Clinton in exit polls).
2) The supposed "huge" Latino did not materialize the way the Ds kept saying (there was a bit of a surge in FL and NV, but not nationwide.)
3) The so-called Reagan Democrats (Trumpocrats) did come out of the woodwork in a big way for Trump.
4) Trump got more Sanders supporters than expected.
5) D voting was down for African-Americans, and Trump got double what Romney did (~8% according to exit polls.)
6) Trump did about the same as Romney with Latinos (~27% according to exit polls.)
7) Trump pierced the "Blue Wall" in WI, PA, and MI.
8) Americans like Obama, but they are not onboard with all of his policies. This was partially a repudiation of his policies (Especially Obamacare, which is highly unpopular.)
9) Evangelical Christian turnout was strongest since 2000.

Last edited:
I agree. I never thought that this would happen. I had more faith in the American people and their ability to reject a xenophobic, misogynistic bigot with zero experience, no concrete ideas, and little knowledge of how our government actually works. Too much faith it seems.

The people who voted for him deserve every awful thing that's coming. The blue collar white men who think Trump is going to somehow give them more money are in for a shock when nothing really changes except people like Trump getting more tax breaks. The markets are already taking a beating, and it's going to get worse.

I could not be more disgusted. I grew up in a GOP home and was, for a long time, sympathetic with the GOP party platform on many issues. This election, though, guarantees that the GOP will never see another vote from me - local, state, or national level.
Very well thought out and reasoned post. Pretty sure the GOP will be fine. I would wait to see how it plays out. You say he has no experience which is wrong. His experience is different. I've said for many years I'd like to see a business leader run this country. Admittedly he wouldn't have been my first choice but I am excited to see what happens under his leadership. Ignore the campaign rhetoric.

1) Trump did much better with white women than expected. (He only lost 48-44% to Clinton in exit polls).
2) The supposed "huge" Latino did not materialize the way the Ds kept saying (there was a bit of a surge in FL and NV, but not nationwide.)
3) The so-called Reagan Democrats (Trumpocrats) did come out of the woodwork in a big way for Trump.
5) D voting was down for African-Americans, and Trump got double what Romney did (~8% according to exit polls.)
6) Trump did about the same as Romney with Latinos (~27% according to exit polls.)
8) Americans like Obama, but they are not onboard with all of his policies. This was partially a repudiation of his policies (Especially Obamacare, which is highly unpopular.)
I don't know what happened nationwide, but here in Indiana, the senate race became a referendum on Obamacare. Young effectively tied Bayh to it, and the race turned on a dime.

.....a xenophobic, misogynistic bigot.....
That's why Trump won.
I agree. I never thought that this would happen. I had more faith in the American people and their ability to reject a xenophobic, misogynistic bigot with zero experience, no concrete ideas, and little knowledge of how our government actually works. Too much faith it seems.

The people who voted for him deserve every awful thing that's coming. The blue collar white men who think Trump is going to somehow give them more money are in for a shock when nothing really changes except people like Trump getting more tax breaks. The markets are already taking a beating, and it's going to get worse.

I could not be more disgusted. I grew up in a GOP home and was, for a long time, sympathetic with the GOP party platform on many issues. This election, though, guarantees that the GOP will never see another vote from me - local, state, or national level.
This is the mentality that got Trump elected. Wanting to stop an invasion by millions of Latinos who pour into our country illegally is not "xenophobia". Denying entry to a cult whose members openly advocate the killing of infidels is not "bigotry". Nor is it "racist", the label most used by the news media to describe those who do not share their liberal bias.

The news media and hateful leftist terminology are totally out of touch with mainstream America.

The craziest thing is not so much the popular vote, but that Trump will probably end up with less votes than Romney in 2012. None of the polling data hinted at any of this. Also 7 million? less voters than 2012. I figured record turnout, but 11 million less than 2008. Interesting. Definitely see a down the ballot effect as well.

Last edited:
I don't know what happened nationwide, but here in Indiana, the senate race became a referendum on Obamacare. Young effectively tied Bayh to it, and the race turned on a dime.
the problem with healthcare is not obamacare. It's the rising cost of healthcare itself. Without a doubt, Obamacare publicly gets the blame.

That's why Trump won.

This is the mentality that got Trump elected. Wanting to stop an invasion by millions of Latinos who pour into our country illegally is not "xenophobia". Denying entry to a cult whose members openly advocate the killing of infidels is not "bigotry". Nor is it "racist", the label most used by the news media to describe those who do not share their liberal bias.

The news media and hateful leftist terminology are totally out of touch with mainstream America.
next you will tell me individuals on here spewing racist shit are not racist either.

Sadly, looks like Trump is going to win. Bad news for this country, but the rural white male has one more election left in them it looks like.

Feel free to gloat.
Saying you're "Man Enough" makes it sound like you are somehow brave for coming on here and admitting the obvious. You were proven wrong whether you were going to admit it or not. You don't get credit for stating what we all already know is true.

Seems like a good summary. Regarding point 7, Hillary Clinton didn't once set foot in the state of Wisconsin during the general election campaign. Got what she deserved there, then, I'd say--first time that state voted red since Reagan.

Dude, you should be congratulated. While the rest of us were poll watching, you kept saying this isn't like those other elections, the polling models based on previous elections are inaccurate, and certain demographics would break for Trump enough to give him a good chance to win. You nailed it.

Despair much, Pastor? And why are you predicting only doom and gloom before you've seen what the man does? And, being mean-spirited, too..."you deserve every awful thing that's coming." Is that gonna be part of your sermon next Sunday? Geesh...I've never seen such negativity from someone who is supposed to be full of hope in Christ Jesus.

Reactions: sluggo69

So, are you in favor of repealing the Hyde amendment?

Seems like a good summary. Regarding point 7, Hillary Clinton didn't once set foot in the state of Wisconsin during the general election campaign. Got what she deserved there, then, I'd say--first time that state voted red since Reagan.
Thank you. I heard that this morning too. I was shocked when I heard it, but then again I shouldn't be. Her advisors actually thought she'd win in GA and AZ. Nobody but her people actually thought that would happen. Once again, just like in 2008 vs. Obama in the primary, HRC was too overconfident and it cost her big time. She underestimated Trump and her campaign just could not comprehend the seething hatred for the "political establishment" in pretty much everywhere in the nation besides the coasts, Chicago, and college campuses. This was a change election and she ran like a typical recent Democrat candidate. Totally out-of-touch with much of the country. She underestimated Bernie Sanders too. Had it not been for the "rigged" D system with Superdelegates set up by the DNC, she potentially could have lost to him in the primary. Sanders vs. Trump would have been very interesting.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Dude, you should be congratulated. While the rest of us were poll watching, you kept saying this isn't like those other elections, the polling models based on previous elections are inaccurate, and certain demographics would break for Trump enough to give him a good chance to win. You nailed it.
TOKen,

Thank you. I appreciate that. Many people, including Clinton's campaign, just seemed to not grasp the level of hatred for the "political establishment" in this country outside of the coasts, Chicago, and many college campuses. She was a deeply flawed candidate (he's not much better, but he is IMHO), and she drank too much of her own kool-aid I think.

This was truly a change election and it just seemed to me that Trump tapped into something that no politician has really been able to do since perhaps FDR - populism.

"The prayers of the saints are as incense unto the Lord".

"The prayers of the saints are as incense unto the Lord".
Thanks QAZ.
Americans spoke. I hope the Trump direction for this Country works. It will be an Obama policy reversal. If his ideas fail it will be another 4-10 years of gloom.
One thing I have learned over the years is the resilience of this Country. I never thought we would bounce back so quickly after the Carter debacle.
Just listened to HRCs concession. Still divisive. She wants the minority, GLB community, Muslims, Women to fight Trump tooth and nail. She is still campaigning on her assumption Trump is against all of this.
I dont believe he is. Interested to hear what Obama says.
I hope Trump is successful but if not I will be the first to show up and eat crow.
One thing for sure-we are all Boilers and more importantly we are all Americans.
Edit as much as I thought HRCs speech was divisive, Obama's was encouraging. I was impressed. Never liked his policies but his exit speech was excellent.

Last edited:
Thanks QAZ.
Americans spoke. I hope the Trump direction for this Country works. It will be an Obama policy reversal. If his ideas fail it will be another 4-10 years of gloom.
One thing I have learned over the years is the resilience of this Country. I never thought we would bounce back so quickly after the Carter debacle.
Just listened to HRCs concession. Still divisive. She wants the minority, GLB community, Muslims, Women to fight Trump tooth and nail. She is still campaigning on her assumption Trump is against all of this.
I dont believe he is. Interested to hear what Obama says.
I hope Trump is successful but if not I will be the first to show up and eat crow.
One thing for sure-we are all Boilers and more importantly we are all Americans.
Edit as much as I thought HRCs speech was divisive, Obama's was encouraging. I was impressed. Never liked his policies but his exit speech was excellent.
I hope Trump has a good Presidency.I think America will be fighting in the Middle East for years to come no matter who the President is.I will pray for our great nation and our new President.I dont think he can fulfill all of his promises but I would never want any Presidency to fail.

You are right about that.The dissapearance of good union jobs helped lead to the demise of middle class pensions and affordable health insurance.No politician can bring back the jobs that have gone overseas..

Trump said a lot of horrible things about a lot of people. However, that does not mean that people who voted for him are bigots, racists, haters, etc. To the contrary, the vast majority of his supporters have had it with Washington and the Press to the point that they overlooked his obvious horrible weaknesses and bought into his real message, not the one that the media amplified. His supporters want real equality for everyone and have seen that massive government programs have fallen woefully short.

As far as bringing jobs back that have left the country don't be so sure. There have been periods of time when jobs did find there way back to the US from Asia.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/allbusi...res-could-soon-become-a-torrent/#68a4b2cf7897

American businesses can outperform anyone making things in the US if given a level playing field. Contrary to the media view, most American companies only went off shore because they had to compete with foreign companies who were given huge incentives from their governments.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-10/exposing-how-china-cheats-trade-aluminum-industry

"The people who voted for him deserve every awful thing that's coming. "The blue collar white men who think Trump is going to somehow give them more money are in for a shock when nothing really changes except people like Trump getting more tax breaks. The markets are already taking a beating, and it's going to get worse."

I had to laugh at your paragraph two.The blue collar white men who think Trump is going to somehow give them more money are in for a shock " You sound like a mirror of the other side you are griping about. Do you REALLY believe that? I thought our union friends were mostly democratic?

I will be surprised if much really changes. To much $$$ flowing to both sides of our "ruling class". The world will not end tomorrow and my observation is the country doesn't make sharp left or right hand turns. They are mostly gradual.

My regret was the choice between a lunatic and a pathological liar.

I get that. My issue isn't that the Republicans are winning. I would have voted for Rubio or Kasich or, had they been the nominee, Ryan or Romney.

My issue is that Republicans are winning not because of their ideas, but because they stoked fear and racism and xenophobia; because of angry white men who are hateful, racist, misogynistic, and ignorant. The GOP sold its soul to the basest elements of society in order to sow "the Whirlwind."

That is despicable.

Actually you may want to look in a mirror for despicable because your blanket statement to try to label 60 million voters all under the same umbrella is prejudiced and despicable.

Hopefully the days of shouting "racist" or "bigot" at people who disagree with you on any political stance are over and we can actually debate the merits of the stances going forward.

Thank you. I heard that this morning too. I was shocked when I heard it, but then again I shouldn't be. Her advisors actually thought she'd win in GA and AZ. Nobody but her people actually thought that would happen. Once again, just like in 2008 vs. Obama in the primary, HRC was too overconfident and it cost her big time. She underestimated Trump and her campaign just could not comprehend the seething hatred for the "political establishment" in pretty much everywhere in the nation besides the coasts, Chicago, and college campuses. This was a change election and she ran like a typical recent Democrat candidate. Totally out-of-touch with much of the country. She underestimated Bernie Sanders too. Had it not been for the "rigged" D system with Superdelegates set up by the DNC, she potentially could have lost to him in the primary. Sanders vs. Trump would have been very interesting.

is that why we returned incumbents to congress en masse?

Reactions: TheCainer
OK, then provide the actual examples of racism. Copy and post right here, right now.
If you're that interested, go find it yourself. You can easily search those posters' names. One of them calls a black member of this board Oreo on a routine basis. The other is convinced that all Muslims should be rounded up and "humanely slaughtered".

I still can hardly believe that half the country would vote for someone that was caught emailing classified information on a non secure server. Someone that lied about it and was caught red handed. Even the FBI director admitted she would a least be fired for doing that if she was anyone else. If she was too stupid to realize what she was doing as she claimed then she is simply not qualified to be anywhere near the Whitehouse.
And then you get to Bill's "charity" where there was all sorts of pay to play for foreign governments. This stuff made Nixon's sins look pretty tame in comparison. And yet so many are still willing to go ahead and vote for her.
Even if you think both candidates were equally bad Trump was the better choice because his crony's are not nearly so established in the government. In 4 years that could be a different story but for now voting for Trump was the only way to stop the corrupt from getting so much power nothing could stop them.
I am not particularly optimistic but I think whatever happens will be less bad than if HRC won.

Reactions: threeeputtt
Saying you're "Man Enough" makes it sound like you are somehow brave for coming on here and admitting the obvious. You were proven wrong whether you were going to admit it or not. You don't get credit for stating what we all already know is true.

Since when are rural (medium and small cities) men and women entitled to any less compassion, concern and Presidential and Congressional attention then illegal immigrants, refugees and minorities. They have been ignored and they responded through the electoral process and not by rioting, demonstrating or burning and destroying public and private property.

Since when are rural (medium and small cities) men and women entitled to any less compassion, concern and Presidential and Congressional attention then illegal immigrants, refugees and minorities. They have been ignored and they responded through the electoral process and not by rioting, demonstrating or burning and destroying public and private property.

Those people forfeit those rights for living a life of privilege.

Trump said a lot of horrible things about a lot of people. However, that does not mean that people who voted for him are bigots, racists, haters, etc. To the contrary, the vast majority of his supporters have had it with Washington and the Press to the point that they overlooked his obvious horrible weaknesses and bought into his real message, not the one that the media amplified. His supporters want real equality for everyone and have seen that massive government programs have fallen woefully short.

As far as bringing jobs back that have left the country don't be so sure. There have been periods of time when jobs did find there way back to the US from Asia.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/allbusi...res-could-soon-become-a-torrent/#68a4b2cf7897

American businesses can outperform anyone making things in the US if given a level playing field. Contrary to the media view, most American companies only went off shore because they had to compete with foreign companies who were given huge incentives from their governments.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-10/exposing-how-china-cheats-trade-aluminum-industry

Contrary to the media view, most American companies only went off shore because they had to compete with foreign companies who were given huge incentives from their governments.

Do you think that this could ultimately include universal/single payer health care for this country? It seems with the way health care costs are rising, our American companies who provide healthcare benefits for their employees are competing against other companies from nations who provide this for their citizens. Could our companies compete better if they didn't provide health insurance?

Hillary got outworked by Trump. He was jetting all over the country, speaking at rallies even the night before the election, while Hill was partying in Philly with lady Gaga and the Obamas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT