ADVERTISEMENT

Love this headline at Hoosier.com

You act like Crean had no success. Archie is the only IU coach in the last 50 years that hasn't had success. Even Sampson was well on his way to big time success before IU panicked and self imposed a death penalty.

Wrong again.

Dakich was terrible. 42% winning percentage.

When you speak in absolutes and disregard available facts, your credibility is trash even when you might be right.

Wrong again.

Dakich was terrible. 42% winning percentage.

When you speak in absolutes and disregard available facts, your credibility is trash even when you might be right.
You are a moron. No one counts DD as an IU basketball coach. He was an interim to finish out the season. Archie is the ONLY IU basketball coach to not have some success in the last 50 years.

• Haha
Reactions: Purdue85
You are a moron. No one counts DD as an IU basketball coach. He was an interim to finish out the season. Archie is the ONLY IU basketball coach to not have some success in the last 50 years.
Name calling. Sweet look lil fella.

Between February 23 and March 21, 2008, who was the IU Head Basketball Coach?

Multi-identity troll now destined to type frantically while turning red-faced and swearing at his computer. Tantrum-like response to follow in three, two, one:

which could also be stated as The Head Basketball Coach of Indiana in the interim, correct?
Nope, but if you guys want to include The interim Coach who coached for 7 games after a firing in the argument, that's fine. Archie and Dakich (both terrible coaches) were the only two coaches to have no success at IU in the last 50 years.

• Haha
I may be in the minority, but I don't think Michigan is necessarily a top five (never mind top two) team. They are replacing Livers, Wagner, Chauncee Brown, and a really underrated Mike Smith, with top tier freshman and one small conference point. That's not enough for me.
That is the team you want to watch out for the most ,out of anybody. They are the ones through the last decade that have showed they are legit year in and year out.

You want to put something on that? Laughably bad take, and obvious you haven't looked at the schedules lol.
Bet what on it? You’re about to be perms banned on the main board and probably gonna get the Johnny Doe Boiler treatment here soon enough. Wanna bet some marbles because that’s about how much I trust you paying a bet you lost and you clearly have enough in your head to spare.

Tell me which teams I mentioned that IU finishes ahead of. I don’t see any other then Nebraska, NW, Minnesota and possibly Iowa.

Last edited:
Bet what on it? You’re about to be perms banned on the main board and probably gonna get the Johnny Doe Boiler treatment here soon enough. Wanna bet some marbles because that’s about how much I trust you paying a bet you lost and you clearly have enough in your head to spare.

Tell me which teams I mentioned that IU finishes ahead of. I don’t see any other then Nebraska, NW, Minnesota and possibly Iowa.
$100 charity bet to St Jude IU finishes in the top 8.

Laughable that you think PSU has a chance to finish ahead of IU given that they will be battling Minnesota all year for the worst team in the league.

By the way, I have IU 5th behind Michigan, OSU, Purdue, and Illinois. So to answer your question, any team outside of those 4, I have IU finishing ahead of.

I mean LOL at you having Penn State in your top 10. What a clown.

• Haha

Laughable that you think PSU has a chance to finish ahead of IU given that they will be battling Minnesota all year for the worst team in the league.

By the way, I have IU 5th behind Michigan, OSU, Purdue, and Illinois. So to answer your question, any team outside of those 4, I have IU finishing ahead of.

It’s top 8 now? Well heck even I think IU will be top 8.

The money quote:

Among the allegations, Sampson and two of his assistants made impermissible recruiting calls to prospective players and their parents. Under NCAA sanctions placed on Sampson while he was a coach at Oklahoma, Sampson was prohibited from being present or taking part in recruiting calls. Those sanctions followed Sampson to Bloomington when he became coach.

A known cheater, hired at IU. And you count him as having... "success"...

🤪

Reactions: BoilerAndy
He cheated. He was a known cheater.
Didn’t he cheat before IU hired him, all while knowing he was a cheater? And didn’t he cheat on multiple occasions after IU hired him, even though they knew he was a cheater? If they had any concern about hiring a cheater, shouldn’t they have panicked when someone / anyone there recommended hiring a cheater? Instead, they panicked when some people said they should keep quiet about a cheater cheating, and blamed it on those people and the NCAA for mistreating them?

Didn’t he cheat before IU hired him, all while knowing he was a cheater? And didn’t he cheat on multiple occasions after IU hired him, even though they knew he was a cheater? If they had any concern about hiring a cheater, shouldn’t they have panicked when someone / anyone there recommended hiring a cheater? Instead, they panicked when some people said they should keep quiet about a cheater cheating, and blamed it on those people and the NCAA for mistreating them?
iu

The money quote:

Among the allegations, Sampson and two of his assistants made impermissible recruiting calls to prospective players and their parents. Under NCAA sanctions placed on Sampson while he was a coach at Oklahoma, Sampson was prohibited from being present or taking part in recruiting calls. Those sanctions followed Sampson to Bloomington when he became coach.

A known cheater, hired at IU. And you count him as having... "success"...

🤪
Your point? It was a weak thing to get fired for.

Speaking of cheaters... https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1999-07-01-9907010099-story.html

Your point? It was a weak thing to get fired for.

Speaking of cheaters... https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1999-07-01-9907010099-story.html
"WEAK"???!!

LOL!

Effectively banned by the NCAA.

This, from an organization that has vowed to never, EVER use the "death penalty" again.

"WEAK", indeed!

"WEAK"???!!

LOL!

Effectively banned by the NCAA.

This, from an organization that has vowed to never, EVER use the "death penalty" again.

"WEAK", indeed!
Lol effectively banned from the NCAA yet led a mid major to the Final 4 last year... Something Purdue coaches haven't accomplished in 40+ years.

Yes, it was absolutely weak to fire him. You have coaches today who are on camera talking about paying players and they get to keep their jobs. Sampson was "effectively banned from the NCAA" for placing too many phone calls. WEAK!!!

Lol effectively banned from the NCAA yet led a mid major to the Final 4 last year... Something Purdue coaches haven't accomplished in 40+ years.

Yes, it was absolutely weak to fire him. You have coaches today who are on camera talking about paying players and they get to keep their jobs. Sampson was "effectively banned from the NCAA" for placing too many phone calls. WEAK!!!
LOL!

And hired by IU .... AS A KNOWN CHEATER!

And... CHEATED AT IU!

"Weak", indeed!

Sampson was absolute scum, and the primary problem wasn’t the phone calls. That was the “Al Capone for tax evasion” charge that stuck.

He brought in so many drug addicted, emotionally mis-wired, non-student athletes that he was a two year train wreck of epic proportions.

He was in NO way a success. That garbage far outweighed any wins or losses.

There are players worth rooting for no matter what team they’re on and players worth rooting against no matter what. Sampson had about half the roster as the latter. Really good Guys like DJ White, Lance Stemler, and Eric Gordon were running for cover from their own teammates. Every team gets the occasional dud—with Sampson it was the half the roster.

You can be sure that DeAndre Thomas, Armon Bassett, Jamarcus Ellis, Eli Holman, Brandon Magee, and others associated with Sampson will NEVER be allowed in Assembly Hall with Woody in charge. Hell, Crean almost got into a post-game fistfight with one of Sampson’s assistants over what that crew did.

A success? Please

Last edited:
You act like Crean had no success. Archie is the only IU coach in the last 50 years that hasn't had success. Even Sampson was well on his way to big time success before IU panicked and self imposed a death penalty.
Thanks for the honest confirmation. It's a sign of the times for IU when their fans tout Crean and Sampson as successes and hope for an 8th place finish in the Big 10.

Last edited:
Nope, but if you guys want to include The interim Coach who coached for 7 games after a firing in the argument, that's fine. Archie and Dakich (both terrible coaches) were the only two coaches to have no success at IU in the last 50 years.
So they were only "head coaches" if they met your definition of "success"? lol

Name calling. Sweet look lil fella.

Between February 23 and March 21, 2008, who was the IU Head Basketball Coach?

Multi-identity troll now destined to type frantically while turning red-faced and swearing at his computer. Tantrum-like response to follow in three, two, one:
This is a fascinating study in dysfunctional behavior. Initially Trojan came back with a new name and was showing self-control, providing rational posts. Then he exposed himself and the wheels fell off. In a matter of minutes he reverted to his normally irrational, nonsensical self, even lashing out at fellow Hoosier fans.

Trojan, you should check yourself into the Kinsey School and let some grad student study you for their thesis. It may even lead to some benefit for humanity, which no one ever expected from you.

Thanks for the honest confirmation. It's a sign of the times for IU when their fans tout Crean and Sampson as successes and hope for an 8th place finish in the Big 10.
Weird that you don’t consider Crean a success. In 9 seasons he won two Big Ten titles and went to 3 sweet 16s. In 16 years of Painter, you’ve won 3 Big Ten Titles, and gone to 4 sweet 16s and 1 Elite 8. Yet you think Crean sucks and Painter walks on water.
This is a fascinating study in dysfunctional behavior. Initially Trojan came back with a new name and was showing self-control, providing rational posts. Then he exposed himself and the wheels fell off. In a matter of minutes he reverted to his normally irrational, nonsensical self, even lashing out at fellow Hoosier fans.

Trojan, you should check yourself into the Kinsey School and let some grad student study you for their thesis. It may even lead to some benefit for humanity, which no one ever expected from you.
Mr. Loper, you should get to bed so you can wake up and sell some more used cars for Terry Lee.

Weird that you don’t consider Crean a success. In 9 seasons he won two Big Ten titles and went to 3 sweet 16s. In 16 years of Painter, you’ve won 3 Big Ten Titles, and gone to 4 sweet 16s and 1 Elite 8. Yet you think Crean sucks and Painter walks on water.

Mr. Loper, you should get to bed so you can wake up and sell some more used cars for Terry Lee.

Crean was fired because he is incompetent. He took a roster that should have won a NC, and gave them rings for going to the sweet 16.

LOL

Imagine that, if you will... a coach so incompetent, he gave everyone a trophy....

You can try to shame anyone you like, that's just a clown position, dude.

Crean was fired because he is incompetent. He took a roster that should have won a NC, and gave them rings for going to the sweet 16.

LOL

Imagine that, if you will... a coach so incompetent, he gave everyone a trophy....

You can try to shame anyone you like, that's just a clown position, dude.
And yet that incompetent coach has similar results to Painter even though he coached in the Big Ten 7 less years…

• Haha
And yet that incompetent coach has similar results to Painter even though he coached in the Big Ten 7 less years…
Crean recruited more top-level talent than Painter did. You told us that every year. Which is why he will go down in history as the greatest underachiever at IU, if not all of college basketball. How many players on that team got a legitimate shot at the NBA?

And granted, Crean was so successful he cut down the nets when he finally won a B1G game. Painter won B1G games, but never claimed the honor that Crean claimed. So I guess you have a point there.

The way you are arguing for Crean, I don't understand why he was fired. I guess the administration just didn't see things the way you do. Go figure.

Well you can tell iu's football season is over because they are here obsessing over us and telling us how this year is they year they will be 'back'. Then reality will smack them in face and they finish at the bottom.

Crean recruited more top-level talent than Painter did. You told us that every year. Which is why he will go down in history as the greatest underachiever at IU, if not all of college basketball. How many players on that team got a legitimate shot at the NBA?

And granted, Crean was so successful he cut down the nets when he finally won a B1G game. Painter won B1G games, but never claimed the honor that Crean claimed. So I guess you have a point there.

The way you are arguing for Crean, I don't understand why he was fired. I guess the administration just didn't see things the way you do. Go figure.
Crean was fired for mediocre success. That’s the part you guys don’t seem to grasp. While Crean was able to win Big Ten championships and win a couple games in the tournament, he wasn’t able to make the Final 4 and National Championship. That will get you fired at IU. At your school that will get the court named after you. Just different expectations.

I’ll take the top 5 bet and IU has to be in the top 5 and you have to be an active member on this board when the Bigten tourney seeds are set. The Bigten tourney seed is the final word. No tying for fifth with Wisconsin but getting the sixth seed. The seed has to be five or less.

Stop calling me names. It hurts my feelings because I’m in middle school, the same one as your emotional maturity.

I’ll take the top 5 bet and IU has to be in the top 5 and you have to be an active member on this board when the Bigten tourney seeds are set. The Bigten tourney seed is the final word. No tying for fifth with Wisconsin but getting the sixth seed. The seed has to be five or less.

Stop calling me names. It hurts my feelings because I’m in middle school, the same one as your emotional maturity.
Dang, you start out saying IU has no chance to finish inside the top 10, and now you’ve moved it to 5th. You don’t seem so confident in your 10th prediction. But okay, I’ll take your bet.

Lol you really haven’t looked at any team have you? Wisconsin will be horrible this year as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT