ADVERTISEMENT

Love this headline at Hoosier.com

I hope Mike Woodson turns things around in Bloomington. I think he will be better than their last couple coaches. I like when Purdue and IU are both good. It puts the Purdue/IU basketball rivalry back front and center as the best rivalry in college basketball.

No matter what ESPN likes to promote.....the Keady/Knight battles were the best ever.
Nice to hear there are different perspectives on this..............mine I love it when IU sucks so bad their fans whine, bitch, cry and call in sick to that call center or fast food restaurant they work at. I like the 20+ point victories, I like that their children roll their eyes when dad tells them how they once were winners. I like that we haven't lost in about 5 years. I like that if you compare all B-10 programs over the last decade, they aren't even in the top half. I like that their hall of fame former coach hated them so much he crapped on them every chance he got for decades. I think it's cute when they lose a game by a few points, they think we're almost as good we had a lead at the half. I like when they struggle to hire a coach because many find the job less than desirable.

I like that they are pathetic losers and they suck. But that's just me.

WD

You should come back to the main board. Everyone loves you there, Petey.

You mean the group of grown men wrapped up in a never ending pissing match? It’s a pitiful sight to see and I would rather not get the stench on myself.

Here’s a condensed version for you.

IU football sucks this year when IU fans were so convinced they were better than Purdue. They are not only not better than Purdue, they aren’t better than Indiana State.

IU basketball, after once again winning the offseason, comes out of the gate hot. IU wins game after game against the bottom 1/3rd of college basketball and then enters B1G play to face the reality of the team not being very good and losing more games than they win in league play. IU finishes in the bubble and Purdue wins another B1G championship.

Does that cover everything or do you want to add some of your hot takes about Edey and Ivey?

Reactions: Schnelk
You mean the group of grown men wrapped up in a never ending pissing match? It’s a pitiful sight to see and I would rather not get the stench on myself.

Here’s a condensed version for you.

IU football sucks this year when IU fans were so convinced they were better than Purdue. They are not only not better than Purdue, they aren’t better than Indiana State.

IU basketball, after once again winning the offseason, comes out of the gate hot. IU wins game after game against the bottom 1/3rd of college basketball and then enters B1G play to face the reality of the team not being very good and losing more games than they win in league play. IU finishes in the bubble and Purdue wins another B1G championship.

Does that cover everything or do you want to add some of your hot takes about Edey and Ivey?
We were told for years Brohm's issues were all due to injuries. Are injuries a valid excuse or no?

As for IU basketball, you may want to re-evaluate. I'm not sure how good IU will be this year, but they have one of the easiest schedules in the Big 10. 10-10 is the floor for this team. More than likely around 12-13 wins in conference this year.

Here's a hot take for you concerning Edey and Ivey.... Edey will have a bigger impact for Purdue this season than Ivey. Ivey will continue to be inefficient.

We were told for years Brohm's issues were all due to injuries. Are injuries a valid excuse or no?

As for IU basketball, you may want to re-evaluate. I'm not sure how good IU will be this year, but they have one of the easiest schedules in the Big 10. 10-10 is the floor for this team. More than likely around 12-13 wins in conference this year.

Here's a hot take for you concerning Edey and Ivey.... Edey will have a bigger impact for Purdue this season than Ivey. Ivey will continue to be inefficient.
You clearly haven't been keeping up with Ivey this season

I've been around here long enough to remember that question being asked about the last 4 coaches.
Now you've got 3 more coaches.
Well we won 2 Big Ten Titles and went to 3 sweet 16s in 9 years with Crean, so bit of a weird argument. Archie is the only coach that has completely flopped.

• Haha
Reactions: Purdue85

I would love for Edey to have a bigger impact than Ivey this year. That would mean Purdue has a great season. Having said that, Ivey will have a big impact on our season. If he struggles, which is highly unlikely, then we get him for his junior year and probably start the season as the favorite to win the league again. Not a bad scenario but I highly doubt it happens.

I would love for Edey to have a bigger impact than Ivey this year. That would mean Purdue has a great season. Having said that, Ivey will have a big impact on our season. If he struggles, which is highly unlikely, then we get him for his junior year and probably start the season as the favorite to win the league again. Not a bad scenario but I highly doubt it happens.
Yea or.... Edey plays really well and leaves, and Ivey is still drafted on potential.... What does that leave you with? Still the Big Ten favorites in that scenario? lol

Yea or.... Edey plays really well and leaves, and Ivey is still drafted on potential.... What does that leave you with? Still the Big Ten favorites in that scenario? lol
with a lineup of

G Morton
G Newman
G Heide
F Kaufman-Renn
C Furst

I'd wager we are still good enough to keep our win streak vs the Hoosiers going.

Reactions: Fansince72
with a lineup of

G Morton
G Newman
G Heide
F Kaufman-Renn
C Furst

I'd wager we are still good enough to keep our win streak vs the Hoosiers going.
Well you will likely lose that this year anyways, but you seem to have a lot of faith in guys who haven't touched the floor yet. Lol at Morton too.

Well you will likely lose that this year anyways, but you seem to have a lot of faith in guys who haven't touched the floor yet. Lol at Morton too.
lol at "likely lose that this year"

Only in a home-cooking scenario i.e. the Watford winning shot vs Kentucky would IU beat Purdue in a basketball game during the 2020-21 season.

and maybe because I have seen all these guys play in person multiple times- both in 2021 and before- except for Heide. Maybe I am a better evaluator of talent than you are.

and maybe because I have seen all these guys play in person multiple times- both in 2021 and before- except for Heide. Maybe I am a better evaluator of talent than you are.
You've seen Morton play, yet you still think he is a quality starter? That tells us everything we need to know about your evaluation skills. Morton isn't even ahead of IT this year in your rotation.

You've seen Morton play, yet you still think he is a quality starter? That tells us everything we need to know about your evaluation skills. Morton isn't even ahead of IT this year in your rotation.

If you say so. I’ll take my track record over yours

Care to fill me in? 5/14 and 1/5 from 3 against Providence. He had 9 ast and 8 to.

Please tell the board, why you are letting the scrimmage impact how you feel about Ivey already? I would think people would learn to let situations ride out a bit before giving opinions on how a player will fare off of a scrimmage.

Please tell the board, why you are letting the scrimmage impact how you feel about Ivey already? I would think people would learn to let situations ride out a bit before giving opinions on how a player will fare off of a scrimmage.
You think my opinions are based on one scrimmage? We have an entire seasons worth of data, 7 games in U19, and 3 scrimmages this year to look at.

You think my opinions are based on one scrimmage? We have an entire seasons worth of data, 7 games in U19, and 3 scrimmages this year to look at.

Ivey was arguably the best U19 player for team USA. Have you not seen or heard what his coaches have said about him? That's hardly a season worth of stats either.

Ivey was arguably the best U19 player for team USA. Have you not seen or heard what his coaches have said about him? That's hardly a season worth of stats either.
You specifically spoke about the scrimmage, so yes that's what I thought you were talking about.

His freshman season at Purdue was the entire season worth of stats I was referring to. He was not close to the best player on that team, but that's not really saying much considering Chet Holmgren was on the team. He still struggled from 3 during those games even though the competition wasn't very good. I predicted that Ivey would continue to be inefficient, not that he wouldn't put up solid per game numbers.

His freshman season at Purdue was the entire season worth of stats I was referring to. He was not close to the best player on that team, but that's not really saying much considering Chet Holmgren was on the team. He still struggled from 3 during those games even though the competition wasn't very good. I predicted that Ivey would continue to be inefficient, not that he wouldn't put up solid per game numbers.

You cannot penalize Ivey, Edey, Newman, Gillis or even Morton for last years stats. Once we get going into the season this year, if they all don't improve, I can acknowledge more of what you are trying to say, but freshman need that first year to get going and usually will have the BIGGEST JUMP as sophomores since they know more of what to expect.

You cannot penalize Ivey, Edey, Newman, Gillis or even Morton for last years stats. Once we get going into the season this year, if they all don't improve, I can acknowledge more of what you are trying to say, but freshman need that first year to get going and usually will have the BIGGEST JUMP as sophomores since they know more of what to expect.
They Ivey I saw in the Fan Day scrimmages -with 3 different games that had 3 completely different team combinations- was very efficient.

Providence was 1 game. Anyone can have a bad shooting game and I believe 8 turnovers would be an outlier. That is a lot of turnovers.

Drawing any conclusions from a single scrimmage in which Purdue did not even start it's projected starting 5- and the projected starting 5 played far fewer minutes than the Providence projected starting 5 did- is ridiculous.

Providence clearly cared more about winning this scrimmage, for whatever reason. CMP is pretty clearly trying to teach our teams some lessons he feels they might need to learn to have the best season we could possibly have. Do not forget about the Miami debacle last year.

They Ivey I saw in the Fan Day scrimmages -with 3 different games that had 3 completely different team combinations- was very efficient.

Providence was 1 game. Anyone can have a bad shooting game and I believe 8 turnovers would be an outlier. That is a lot of turnovers.

Drawing any conclusions from a single scrimmage in which Purdue did not even start it's projected starting 5- and the projected starting 5 played far fewer minutes than the Providence projected starting 5 did- is ridiculous.

Providence clearly cared more about winning this scrimmage, for whatever reason. CMP is pretty clearly trying to teach our teams some lessons he feels they might need to learn to have the best season we could possibly have. Do not forget about the Miami debacle last year.

I agree.

What exactly have you seen about your team this year that makes you think they can beats top 10 Purdue team?

Don't get sucked by HoosierFan-21mm. He is trying to compensate for something... maybe its his... well anyway, he is also on the Hoosier board starting endless chicken fights under other names. It is his "thing". He destroys boards, but only if you pay attention to his idiotic takes.

(His response will be to ask me to cite specific "idiotic takes"). Just ignore.

What exactly have you seen about your team this year that makes you think they can beats top 10 Purdue team?
I think Purdue is overrated given their lack of quality wins last year. IU added shooting and playmaking in the backcourt which it severely lacked last season. The depth in the front court is much better as well.

We will see in a few months.

Don't get sucked by HoosierFan-21mm. He is trying to compensate for something... maybe its his... well anyway, he is also on the Hoosier board starting endless chicken fights under other names. It is his "thing". He destroys boards, but only if you pay attention to his idiotic takes.

(His response will be to ask me to cite specific "idiotic takes"). Just ignore.
Thanks for your input, Michael.

Well we won 2 Big Ten Titles and went to 3 sweet 16s in 9 years with Crean, so bit of a weird argument. Archie is the only coach that has completely flopped.
Don't forget to add the ring they won to that resume.

BTW, I'm not sure you want to bring up a team that most consider the greatest underachiever of all time.

Reactions: Purdue85
Ah, it's time for the annual "IU is back" routine. The rude awakening will come when the pre-conference schedule ends.
Don't forget to add the ring they won to that resume.

BTW, I'm not sure you want to bring up a team that most consider the greatest underachiever of all time.
What is your prediction for IU’s record at the end of the regular season? My guess is that you haven’t looked at their conference schedule. It’s almost as weak as Purdue’s was last year.

Do MOST consider that team the greatest underachiever of all time? They won the Big Ten outright and made the Sweet 16 lol. Many other teams have underachieved far more than that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT