ADVERTISEMENT

Liz Cheney

Mitt is right. The GOP continuing to throw its hat with Trump will definitely not gain any voters they don't already have. But if they don't, they risk losing a good number of idiot voters who love Trump.

The GOP finds itself in a no-win situation that it created in 2016, and that anyone paying attention since then can see coming. Republicans are generally outnumbered in this country, and in order to win, they must unify people under a common umbrella. Those people range from poorly educated rural southerners to influential moderate business-minded elites. They have lost a good portion of their moderate and right-leaning independent base in exchange for keeping the Trumpers who are probably larger in number.

The problem is, they can't win without either one. In allowing Trump to take the reins in 2016, they have created a conundrum that will ultimate be the undoing of the party. The Republican party will cease to be relevant on a national scale in the next decade. It will win House and Senate elections, but it will not win another presidential election so long as Trump is the leader of the party. It will never again hold a mandate unless they drastically change something.

This vote against Cheney signals that they will not.

RIP GOP.

The Republican party will cease to be relevant on a national scale in the next decade. It will win House and Senate elections, but it will not win another presidential election so long as Trump is the leader of the party. It will never again hold a mandate unless they drastically change something.

RIP GOP.
Trump will be the "leader" only for the next election, if that.

You are completely overlooking the vast incompetence of the dems, on full display since Jan 20, in propping up the repubs.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Mitt is right. The GOP continuing to throw its hat with Trump will definitely not gain any voters they don't already have. But if they don't, they risk losing a good number of idiot voters who love Trump.

The GOP finds itself in a no-win situation that it created in 2016, and that anyone paying attention since then can see coming. Republicans are generally outnumbered in this country, and in order to win, they must unify people under a common umbrella. Those people range from poorly educated rural southerners to influential moderate business-minded elites. They have lost a good portion of their moderate and right-leaning independent base in exchange for keeping the Trumpers who are probably larger in number.

The problem is, they can't win without either one. In allowing Trump to take the reins in 2016, they have created a conundrum that will ultimate be the undoing of the party. The Republican party will cease to be relevant on a national scale in the next decade. It will win House and Senate elections, but it will not win another presidential election so long as Trump is the leader of the party. It will never again hold a mandate unless they drastically change something.

RIP GOP.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you.

You said "Republicans are generally outnumbered in this country, and in order to win, they must unify people under a common umbrella."

The first part is true, but they don't necessarily need to unify everyone. They have an inherent advantage in the Senate and Electoral College because the way it is set up favors the small states:

And on the state level, Republicans are the ones benefiting mostly. For example, Texas, with an increasing liberal population, is actually HELPING REPUBLICANS because they can redraw the district to their benefit:

So I am afraid we aren't gonna see "RIP GOP." Instead, we'll see increasingly United States will be ruled by minority. The GOP will be using the loopholes to maintain their power.

Reactions: jdevers1
Don’t kid yourself. She made a strategic political move in an effort to hoist power unto herself. She thought if she came out of the gate with this position she’d be the lead dog and others would eventually follow. She’s a politician- she didn’t do anything for the right reasons, only self serving reasons, just like Nancy, AOC, Kam and their figurehead Creepy Sleepy J-Bi.

Don’t kid yourself. She made a strategic political move in an effort to hoist power unto herself. She thought if she came out of the gate with this position she’d be the lead dog and others would eventually follow. She’s a politician- she didn’t do anything for the right reasons, only self serving reasons, just like Nancy, AOC, Kam and their figurehead Creepy Sleepy J-Bi.
Yeah, businessmen who get elected aren't self serving at all.

How is she going to "hoist power unto herself"? You realize the trump republican establishment is falling all over itself to find someone to primary her in'22 right? How much power is she gonna have then? How much does she have now? She knew the political climate in her party wasn't going to do a 180 on trump in a matter on months.........did you think it would?

She's standing up for the truth........and yet all the programmed cynics like you can do is label her as you label all politicians who don't bow to trump. The well worn out cliche that all politicians are selfish, corrupt money grubbers doesn't apply to everyone, especially to someone who is literally putting het political future in severe peril by taking these positions.

She may very well be playing the long game, hoping to come out on top when this trump infatuation blows over. But that is anything but certain and may take a very long time. She may not even be relevant when it happens, or someone else could take the lead in the anti trump establishment. Seems like an extremely big risk given the time and uncertainty involved.

If she was looking only for power, why would she just not tow the trump line like all the rest? She was number three in the house. Could she not challenge McCarthy for Speaker in '22? Make a senate run? VP candidate? If her motives are what you claim, seems to me staying where she was at would mean a much quicker and easier road to power. But i'm sure you already thought about that.

RIP GOP.
Good lord. Stop listening to the MSM drama queens, and educate yourself.

U.S. Senate 50/50.....51/50 with Harris tiebreaker
U.S. House Dems 219 - Republicans 212
President Democrats

Control of state chambers - 61 Republicans- 37 Democrats
Percentage of state legislative seats 54% Republicans- 44% Democrats

"RIP GOP"???? Turn off CNN and do your own research/analysis.

Yeah, businessmen who get elected aren't self serving at all.

How is she going to "hoist power unto herself"? You realize the trump republican establishment is falling all over itself to find someone to primary her in'22 right? How much power is she gonna have then? How much does she have now? She knew the political climate in her party wasn't going to do a 180 on trump in a matter on months.........did you think it would?

She's standing up for the truth........and yet all the programmed cynics like you can do is label her as you label all politicians who don't bow to trump. The well worn out cliche that all politicians are selfish, corrupt money grubbers doesn't apply to everyone, especially to someone who is literally putting het political future in severe peril by taking these positions.

She may very well be playing the long game, hoping to come out on top when this trump infatuation blows over. But that is anything but certain and may take a very long time. She may not even be relevant when it happens, or someone else could take the lead in the anti trump establishment. Seems like an extremely big risk given the time and uncertainty involved.

If she was looking only for power, why would she just not tow the trump line like all the rest? She was number three in the house. Could she not challenge McCarthy for Speaker in '22? Make a senate run? VP candidate? If her motives are what you claim, seems to me staying where she was at would mean a much quicker and easier road to power. But i'm sure you already thought about that.
Like I said- it’s politics and she took a gamble and lost. Not that hard and doesn’t need that many words to understand. She voted with trump virtually all the time and suddenly has a moment of enlightenment? Whatever...she should have stuck with the politics that got her where she was...like AOC, Nancy and Kam. Nancy has said and done some blunderous things, but give her credit, she digs in and keeps digging because that’s what her party expects from her.

Still need a spine to make such a strategic political move. Many others would rather just be a puppy.

Like I said- it’s politics and she took a gamble and lost. Not that hard and doesn’t need that many words to understand. She voted with trump virtually all the time and suddenly has a moment of enlightenment? Whatever...she should have stuck with the politics that got her where she was...like AOC, Nancy and Kam. Nancy has said and done some blunderous things, but give her credit, she digs in and keeps digging because that’s what her party expects from her.
It was no gamble. She kept talking about trump and the Big Lie. There was only one way that was going to turn out and she knew it.
The idea that she thought she could get these trump Republicans to step up and admit the election wasn't rigged and trump is destroying the party is ludicrous. She knew she was going to lose. As I said, if getting more power was her goal she would have been better off getting in line behind trump.

It does need many words to understand unless it is your intention to dismiss Cheney as just another politician......which you want to do.......when the reality is she may have just torpedoed her political future because she will not accept the shit that her party is shoveling.

• Haha
Reactions: Riveting
Interesting data here. Regardless of whether you think this is good or not (I personally do not), but it is becoming abundantly clear that where you stand on Trump is now the most important thing for GOP leadership and not necessarily conservative values.

Interesting data here. Regardless of whether you think this is good or not (I personally do not), but it is becoming abundantly clear that where you stand on Trump is now the most important thing for GOP leadership and not necessarily conservative values.

And if Chip had won today the democrat activist/NBC journalist would have been leveling sexist charges against the GOP. Its amazing how hard the MSM is trying to make this a huge story. And its amazing how gullible some are to believe its a huge story.

Reactions: Riveting
And if Chip had won today the democrat activist/NBC journalist would have been leveling sexist charges against the GOP. Its amazing how hard the MSM is trying to make this a huge story. And its amazing how gullible some are to believe its a huge story.
What's amazing is the lengths pubs will go to to deny that what Chicago said is true. Fealty to trump is the measuring stick for pubs. How can you possibly deny it? One of the most conservative women in the party, maybe the most, just got tossed out of a leadership role. Was it because of her record? Clearly it was not. What's left?

Reactions: charlespig
What's amazing is the lengths pubs will go to to deny that what Chicago said is true. Fealty to trump is the measuring stick for pubs. How can you possibly deny it? One of the most conservative women in the party, maybe the most, just got tossed out of a leadership role. Was it because of her record? Clearly it was not. What's left?
This really isn't difficult concept to grasp.

1) Republicans need to be focused on looking forward and taking back the house in 2022.
2) Cheney according to WAPO article had largely become a one issue rep...fighting a battle with Trump. She has every right to do that. But that's not what Republican voters want the focus to be. The leadership needs to be aligned in attacking Biden's policies.

There are plenty of Republicans in congress that hate Trump. McConnell (aka the top leadership job in republican party today) being one example. McConnell said his piece on Trump and then moved on with the goal of winning back the Senate in 2022.

I get you and a few others are giddy because CNN and MSNBC are telling you this is the biggest story in the country today.....it isn't. Get outside the Washington beltway and by and large nobody cares.

1) Republicans need to be focused on looking forward and taking back the house in 2022.
2) Cheney according to WAPO article had largely become a one issue rep...fighting a battle with Trump. She has every right to do that. But that's not what Republican voters want the focus to be. The leadership needs to be aligned in attacking Biden's policies.

There are plenty of Republicans in congress that hate Trump. McConnell (aka the top leadership job in republican party today) being one example. McConnell said his piece on Trump and then moved on with the goal of winning back the Senate in 2022.

I get you and a few others are giddy because CNN and MSNBC are telling you this is the biggest story in the country today.....it isn't. Get outside the Washington beltway and by and large nobody cares.
Not to mention it’s been reported by several other high ranking congressional Republicans, that one big issue with Cheney was that she continued pushing the Russian bounty hoax well after it was common knowledge in Congress that it was bullshit. But the msm won’t report that because they would have to acknowledge it was a hoax in the first place

democrats and twitter man

It was no gamble. She kept talking about trump and the Big Lie. There was only one way that was going to turn out and she knew it.
The idea that she thought she could get these trump Republicans to step up and admit the election wasn't rigged and trump is destroying the party is ludicrous. She knew she was going to lose. As I said, if getting more power was her goal she would have been better off getting in line behind trump.

It does need many words to understand unless it is your intention to dismiss Cheney as just another politician......which you want to do.......when the reality is she may have just torpedoed her political future because she will not accept the shit that her party is shoveling.
She gambled an lost. Get her over to your party.

Could that possibly be because repubs think Trump was an effective president - particularly in contrast to the chaos and ineptitude of the current president?

What has traditionally been called "conservative values" was little more than what the military-foreign policy-industrial establishment said it was - and we saw what a great job that bunch did in the Bush/Cheney debacle. Why would repubs want that again as opposed to Trump? Why would anybody want it except the establishment hacks that profit from it all.

Of course Liz is going to be mad and stomp away griping about true "conservative values." Good riddance.

Could that possibly be because repubs think Trump was an effective president - particularly in contrast to the chaos and ineptitude of the current president?

What has traditionally been called "conservative values" was little more than what the military-foreign policy-industrial establishment said it was - and we saw what a great job that bunch did in the Bush/Cheney debacle. Why would repubs want that again as opposed to Trump? Why would anybody want it except the establishment hacks that profit from it all.

Of course Liz is going to be mad and stomp away griping about true "conservative values." Good riddance.
So you prefer "trump values"?

Seriously?

Good thing they are laser focused on the important issues.

No, Trump policies.

I don't see much difference between Trump and Biden values, but considerable difference in policies.

So you prefer Biden policies? Seriously?
You see no difference between Trump's values and Biden's? I could take an hour and point them out to you, but it would just be a waste of time.

Yes, taken as a whole, I prefer Biden's policies to Trump's.

Now is when you ignore the "taken as a whole" part and roll out your list and accuse me of being for late term abortion or some such shit.

Reactions: LedZep17
You see no difference between Trump's values and Biden's? I could take an hour and point them out to you, but it would just be a waste of time.

Now is when you ignore the "taken as a whole" part and roll out your list and accuse me of being for late term abortion or some such shit.
On the policies as a whole WOW! Just wow! :rolleyes:

Reactions: mediaexpert

Read the Ellsberg Papers and the reality is Presidents lie. Can anybody explain the difference between the Bush Recovery Plan and the Obama Recovery Plan? The simple truth is the Globalist Corporations own the PAC and they put up Bush vs Gore and Kerry and later Obama vs McCain and Romney. Don't you get it? All six are the same person. Heads you lose and tails they win! The Globalist media has divided us Republican vs Democrat, White vs Black, Christian vs Jew and Moslem' but the reality is the Deep State vs "We the people".

Let's name the 3 big issues during the Globalist reign. 1. Every DC Politicians campaigned for secure borders. What were the results? Over 20 million illegals, a hard drug epidemic, and a growing child/sex trafficking industry. 2. Red China has grown from a 3rd World Country to a World Economic and Military Leader. Trump stands up to them and they release the Wuhan Flu. 3. Health Care goes to pot. McCain and every GOP Leader campaigned for 7 years on R&R. Trump expected an R&R bill on his desk the minute he walks into his office and there is NONE. What were the Politicians doing besides campaigning? Then it is McCain who is the tiebreaker as he votes against R&R. Are you kidding me? Romney is also a Globalist and so why are people listening to him. BTW, who was most hated in the Bush Administration? The Globalist Cheney and now his Globalist daughter is the darling of the media. LOL.

Anti-Trumpers want to tear down Trump for his values. Please do! Trump was a Globalist businessman. He played ball with Red China and Russia for the benefit of Trump. He slept with, groped, and oggled women for his pleasure. He hired illegals, had stuff made overseas. he legally declared bankruptcy that ripped off vendors, and endorsed products for his profit only. He legally bribed people like the PACS and he knew exactly what to do as a Globalist. I lived in NY and Chicago and I understand Globalists. However, I would estimate only about 20% of Americans are Globalists. A Globalist means one can do whatever is legal in order to make money and if that means pumping up other countries to gain market share and take advantage of their cheap labor - then fine. The end always justifies the means. I don't consider this a bad thing, only different. To a point, I will always put myself and my family first but I need to take a breathe and put God, mankind, and the country ahead in my business dealings. In doing this my business thrived. This is what Trump did as President IMO.

Trump highlighted AMERICA FIRST! Most of his policies were conservative, some were liberal, but they were all common sense. Which values of Trump did you not like? He was narcissistic and thought he could best help his country or the fact that he told his opinions without a facade, or being PC? Sure he should have been more tactful in calling out NATO, Rocket Man, and countries that chanted, "Death to America!". But by golly, it worked.

The media influences your opinion of Trump. Everyone forgets we had major Internation problems with Iran, North Korea, Russia, Syria, China, and Afganistan. Does anyone want to give me an update on what is going on over there now? I would like to know because the Global Media isn't telling me.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrcrist and SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT