ADVERTISEMENT

Liz Cheney

PurdueFan1

All-American
May 29, 2001
Can someone help me make sense of this? Liz Cheney, who is as conservative as one gets and voted with Trump 92% of the time, is about to be pushed out of her role because she dare take a stand against the Big Lie that the election was stolen?

Here’s a person who is trying to get the party to return to its true core and she’s going to be pushed out because she won’t bow down and kiss the feet of the person who’s no longer even in office.

The party is going to be represented by folks like Josh Hawley, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert and Ted Cruz (for starters). Is that what the Republican Party is really about these days?

I disagree with Cheney on most things, but how does telling her party to look ahead and put the past behind them such a bad thing? This country is not an autocracy; I just do not understand why anyone would still be bowing down like that to someone who was voted out.

Liz Cheney and Mitt Romney for that matter, value her lives and won't be moving to Slicktown in Guyana to drink some Flav-Or-Aid.

Can someone help me make sense of this? Liz Cheney, who is as conservative as one gets and voted with Trump 92% of the time, is about to be pushed out of her role because she dare take a stand against the Big Lie that the election was stolen?

Here’s a person who is trying to get the party to return to its true core and she’s going to be pushed out because she won’t bow down and kiss the feet of the person who’s no longer even in office.

The party is going to be represented by folks like Josh Hawley, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert and Ted Cruz (for starters). Is that what the Republican Party is really about these days?

I disagree with Cheney on most things, but how does telling her party to look ahead and put the past behind them such a bad thing? This country is not an autocracy; I just do not understand why anyone would still be bowing down like that to someone who was voted out.
Thank you for your input...but the Republican party is about to be represented by the likes of Ron Desantis, Tim Scott, Kristi Noem, etc.

Why do you care about a Republican Senator from Wyoming? Do you support her voting record, or is it that you like her for her friendly stance with Uncle Joe?

Go back to selling Joes $6T “stimulus” that is “desperately”needed to get people back to work.

Last edited:
Thank you for your input...but the Republican party is about to be represented by the likes of Ron Desantis, Tim Scott, Kristi Noem, etc.
Don’t kid yourself. The Republican Party is about to (and will continue) to be lead and be all about Trump.

The only Republican Party position Cheney had disagreed with is calling out Trump’s BS.

Why do you care about a Republican Senator from Wyoming? Do you support her voting record, or is it that you like her for her friendly stance with Uncle Joe?

Go back to selling Joes $6T “stimulus” that is desperately needed to get people back to work.
That’s not exactly a great group either.

I care because she’s being punished for not going along with the Big Lie and not bowing down to someone who is no longer in office. That it doesn’t bother you is telling.

Don’t kid yourself. The Republican Party is about to (and will continue) to be lead and be all about Trump.

The only Republican Party position Cheney had disagreed with is calling out Trump’s BS.
I think most are loyal to his policies/platform, not the man himself. I think people are tired of watching the globalist scum sell the country out. It’s the same song and dance regardless which party is in power. Trump was the furthest thing from the status quo, which was/is appealing to a lot of people. Some of us can look past his tweets and personality in exchange for policies that put Americans first.

I think most are loyal to his policies/platform, not the man himself. I think people are tired of watching the globalist scum sell the country out. It’s the same song and dance regardless which party is in power. Trump was the furthest thing from the status quo, which was/is appealing to a lot of people. Some of us can look past his tweets and personality in exchange for policies that put Americans first.

The only people who focus solely on Trump are BuilderBob and other lefties.

Disagree. There was a chance post Jan 6 for the Republican Party to step out of Trump’s shadow, embrace the policies they like and move forward without him.

Sadly, they’ve chosen to embrace the big lie and and are now the leading candidates are going to Florida to kiss the ring of Trump.

It’s not good for the long term health of the Party.

The only people who focus solely on Trump are BuilderBob and other lefties.
Ha. Like nearly every republican member of congress isn't? Are you braindead? One wrong word from them and they are out of a job. That's why they dare not speak out like Kinzinger and Cheney........who btw has more balls than any of these pub men who go along with the big lie.
You're not a serious observer of politics.

Which Americans is he putting first? Yeah, the answer is those who go along with whatever he says......like he won the election by a huge margin.

You can think whatever you want. It's easier for you to support him if you act like people don't like trump the person. But most of his supporters don't make that self serving distinction. The hayseeds flying their trump flags are loyal to him......and you know it.

Fan....what big lie are you speaking of? Trump is what the GOP and USA has needed for a long time. Unless you believe in abortion, the government taking control of your life, and sitting on one's ass waiting for that government free money and hand outs.

Reactions: TheGunner
Which Americans is he putting first? Yeah, the answer is those who go along with whatever he says......like he won the election by a huge margin.
Whomever he was putting first, we know who wasn't first: the military-industrial-foreign policy-"intelligence" establishment that is now back in business. They didn't like his approach of trying to keep us out of idiotic foreign adventures and ripoffs. Bad for their bloodthirsty business.

Now all is returning to normal for them with a puppet in the WH - and they plan to keep it that way.

Liz's dad was one of their leaders - and she wants to continue the family tradition.

Reactions: Crayfish57

Go back to selling Joes $6T “stimulus” that is desperately needed to get people back to work.
Joe's stimulus isn't to get people back to work, it's to keep 'em down on the farm.

Disagree. There was a chance post Jan 6 for the Republican Party to step out of Trump’s shadow, embrace the policies they like and move forward without him.

Sadly, they’ve chosen to embrace the big lie and and are now the leading candidates are going to Florida to kiss the ring of Trump.

It’s not good for the long term health of the Party.
Then you and the Democrats should be over joyed. Biden defeated Trump once and should do it again in 2024

Fan....what big lie are you speaking of? Trump is what the GOP and USA has needed for a long time. Unless you believe in abortion, the government taking control of your life, and sitting on one's ass waiting for that government free money and hand outs.
My bad, I should have added that this was a serious question. You can take your nonsensical right-wing garbage to one of kiddo's threads.

Do you want to actually answer the question? I"m asking how it's okay to boot Cheney simply because she isn't bowing down to the former president and going along with the lie that the election is stolen. In case you can't tell, and many of you clearly cannot, she's defending the heart and soul, or what's left of it anyway, of the Republican Party. I honestly can't believe you want folks like Lauren Boebert and MTG being the face of the party.

Reactions: Bill4411
Then you and the Democrats should be over joyed. Biden defeated Trump once and should do it again in 2024

Was hoping Reps would have held the senate to force Biden to more centric policies in order to get passed.

I don’t think Trump will run again in 2024, but i think he will muck up the process. I could certainly be wrong (maybe he does run), but I’m not sure how he wins a general election again.

Do you want to actually answer the question? I"m asking how it's okay to boot Cheney simply because she isn't bowing down to the former president and going along with the lie that the election is stolen. In case you can't tell, and many of you clearly cannot, she's defending the heart and soul, or what's left of it anyway, of the Republican Party. I honestly can't believe you want folks like Lauren Boebert and MTG being the face of the party.
I thought I did when I said many Americans are tired of the status quo and globalist scum. That includes the likes of Cheney and Romney. They are of the swamp and need drained with the rest of the establishment. Apparently many of you are good with the status quo. Don’t you find it interesting that the majority of the establishment gets rich after getting into office? Have you ever looked at net worths of these scum before, during, and after office? It’s really not hard to see as they don’t even try to hide it anymore. Trumps net worth decreased by almost a third while he was in office.

Was hoping Reps would have held the senate to force Biden to more centric policies in order to get passed.

I don’t think Trump will run again in 2024, but i think he will muck up the process. I could certainly be wrong (maybe he does run), but I’m not sure how he wins a general election again.
Trump likely won’t win, I see the Republicans getting behind Desantis, Tim Scott (if he runs) or Nikki Haley unless they make a major mistake.

I am hoping the Republicans are smart enough to get a true “moderate” Republican on the ticket to pull the previous Republicans who voted for Biden back in the party. It seems easy to me for everyone to rally around being against Joe and the far left...and it obviously worked for the Democrats in the last election

I thought I did when I said many Americans are tired of the status quo and globalist scum. That includes the likes of Cheney and Romney. They are of the swamp and need drained with the rest of the establishment. Apparently many of you are good with the status quo. Don’t you find it interesting that the majority of the establishment gets rich after getting into office? Have you ever looked at net worths of these scum before, during, and after office? It’s really not hard to see as they don’t even try to hide it anymore. Trumps net worth decreased by almost a third while he was in office.
So you had issues with her before she voted to impeach him? Because if this were truly your beef with her and someone like Romney, then certainly you would have discussed this before?

Also, you're having a real issue staying on topic here. She's getting pushed out because she is pushing back on the lie about the election. Your supposed beef about the status quo aside, you're fine with this? Because no one is saying she's being pushed out because she got rich while being in office. Does it bother you that she called out other members of her party for propping up the election lie?

And I'm going to add an edit here: your gripes about the establishment is a bunch of crocodile tears. There's grifting on both sides, and it is genuinely an issue. So if you have an issue with someone like Cheney, then certainly you have issues with folks like Ted Cruz, or Josh Hawley, who was going to sign a pretty substantial book deal at one point? The grift isn't the crux of my initial post of course; it just rings hollow to me.

Trump likely won’t win, I see the Republicans getting behind Desantis, Tim Scott (if he runs) or Nikki Haley unless they make a major mistake.

I am hoping the Republicans are smart enough to get a true “moderate” Republican on the ticket to pull the previous Republicans who voted for Biden back in the party. It seems easy to me for everyone to rally around being against Joe and the far left...and it obviously worked for the Democrats in the last election
That will never happen as long as the repubs remain scared of Slick. Slick has the repubs by the you know what. They can’t do anything without his blessing. After the election, there is no reason for Sen. McCarthy to meet with Slick. There have been others. Even Nikki Haley tried to set up a meeting but got turned down.

So you had issues with her before she voted to impeach him? Because if this were truly your beef with her and someone like Romney, then certainly you would have discussed this before?

Also, you're having a real issue staying on topic here. She's getting pushed out because she is pushing back on the lie about the election. Your supposed beef about the status quo aside, you're fine with this? Because no one is saying she's being pushed out because she got rich while being in office. Does it bother you that she called out other members of her party for propping up the election lie?

And I'm going to add an edit here: your gripes about the establishment is a bunch of crocodile tears. There's grifting on both sides, and it is genuinely an issue. So if you have an issue with someone like Cheney, then certainly you have issues with folks like Ted Cruz, or Josh Hawley, who was going to sign a pretty substantial book deal at one point? The grift isn't the crux of my initial post of course; it just rings hollow to me.
I’ve been speaking out against the establishment scum since I started posting on this board. I’ve never named her specifically as she’s never come up but I’ve always been anti establishment, regardless the party. And when she opens her pie hole to ridicule other members of her so called party, she’s then opening herself up for ridicule and criticism, which is what is happening. There is much more to this story than just her going against the election fraud claims and it’s not nearly that simple.

I’ve been speaking out against the establishment scum since I started posting on this board. I’ve never named her specifically as she’s never come up but I’ve always been anti establishment, regardless the party. And when she opens her pie hole to ridicule other members of her so called party, she’s then opening herself up for ridicule and criticism, which is what is happening. There is much more to this story than just her going against the election fraud claims and it’s not nearly that simple.
much more to the story

purduefan1 is a simple poster

never thinks about anything but simple

That will never happen as long as the repubs remain scared of Slick. Slick has the repubs by the you know what. They can’t do anything without his blessing. After the election, there is no reason for Sen. McCarthy to meet with Slick. There have been others. Even Nikki Haley tried to set up a meeting but got turned down.
That’s the equivalent of saying Sanders and AOC have no pull in the Democrat party. As long as voters support a candidate, people have pull and power. Did Al Gore have power after the 2000 election?

Does Hillary Clinton have power in the Democrat party 4 years after being defeated? Did she in 2017?

Well then educate me as to what the rest of the story is then. Like I said earlier, I disagree with her pretty much all the way around, so I'm not here to defend her. The bigger picture for me is what it signifies what the Republican Party is becoming. I just cannot for the life of me think that turning it over to a bunch of Trump bootlickers is the best thing for it (and again, if you can point me to some Republican party members who have made this about policy, then I'll stand corrected).

And really, shouldn't members of her party be ridiculed for continuing to push the lie about the election? She's not wrong with her statements about it. And if they don't like being ridiculed, then maybe they should stop pushing the lie.

No, there isn't. She voted with trump 93% of the time. She's ridiculed ONE person consistently since the insurrection.

Come on, just say it. She refuses to go along with the big lie. She called the insurrection for what it was. She is calling out the danger of loyalty to one man rather than loyalty to the truth.

What's the rest of the story?

Well then educate me as to what the rest of the story is then. Like I said earlier, I disagree with her pretty much all the way around, so I'm not here to defend her. The bigger picture for me is what it signifies what the Republican Party is becoming. I just cannot for the life of me think that turning it over to a bunch of Trump bootlickers is the best thing for it (and again, if you can point me to some Republican party members who have made this about policy, then I'll stand corrected).

And really, shouldn't members of her party be ridiculed for continuing to push the lie about the election? She's not wrong with her statements about it. And if they don't like being ridiculed, then maybe they should stop pushing the lie.
Her position on the wars in the Middle East and pushing to maintain troops in the region and voting against bringing troops back home is the most obvious IMO. She’s a war monger like her father, who got rich by starting wars based off lies that then lined his and his family’s pockets through the defense contractors he headed. Does there need to be any more reason?

And just because people voted against certifying the vote doesn’t mean they believe or continue pushing the “big lie” as you guys refer to it. Many legislators thought there were enough discrepancies and evidence of potential fraud to decertify until things were looked into. Not sure why people can’t distinguish between the two.

Reactions: TheGunner
Her position on the wars in the Middle East and pushing to maintain troops in the region and voting against bringing troops back home is the most obvious IMO. She’s a war monger like her father, who got rich by starting wars based off lies that then lined his and his family’s pockets through the defense contractors he headed. Does there need to be any more reason?

And just because people voted against certifying the vote doesn’t mean they believe or continue pushing the “big lie” as you guys refer to it. Many legislators thought there were enough discrepancies and evidence of potential fraud to decertify until things were looked into. Not sure why people can’t distinguish between the two.
Interesting that you're calling her a warmonger the day after Trump did. Wonder if you truly felt that way on Tuesday vs today.

And yeah, sorry, the Republicans had SO MANY chances to provide evidence that there was fraud with the election and never did. Continually pushing that it was rigged, etc without evidence is lying.

Reactions: Bill4411
Interesting that you're calling her a warmonger the day after Trump did. Wonder if you truly felt that way on Tuesday vs today.

And yeah, sorry, the Republicans had SO MANY chances to provide evidence that there was fraud with the election and never did. Continually pushing that it was rigged, etc without evidence is lying.
So because Trump called her a warmonger, does that make it any less true? No, it doesn’t. She’s been called that for much longer than 24 hours.

There were thousands of sworn affidavits signed by eye witnesses of potential fraud. You may not believe them but that’s definitely evidence.

So because Trump called her a warmonger, does that make it any less true? No, it doesn’t. She’s been called that for much longer than 24 hours.

There were thousands of sworn affidavits signed by eye witnesses of potential fraud. You may not believe them but that’s definitely evidence.
Sworn affidavits are not evidence.

The burden of proof is on the accusers here. So where's the proof?

AS for the warmonger comment......what's your point? This isn't why she's getting the boot.

Sworn affidavits are not evidence.

The burden of proof is on the accusers here. So where's the proof?

AS for the warmonger comment......what's your point? This isn't why she's getting the boot.
Wtf you talking about, Sworn affidavits are evidence. And yes, the burden of proof is on those who are making the allegations and I’ve not seen anyone say otherwise. You’re confusing evidence and proof.

Like Hunter Biden, Liz has ridden her father's coattails to her seat and power position and to untold wealth through that seat. Many of us didn't care for her before she wanted to impeach the President.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT